Polls?

naosu

Hi, hello and greetings to other authors out there!

I wanted to first encourage you all to keep writing and don't give up. Its fun to stick with it and see the readers positive comments. And this can keep you going when there are hard times.

I wondered is there a way to do polls on this site? And does it allow for more than 2 or 3 options in a poll?

Thanks for any advise on this.

Also, are there other sites like this that don't steal from authors, or trash talk or troll them? (Besides Saboteur's Road (RR), and Webnovel?)

EternalSunset0

I think you can add one through the on-site writer. More than 2 or 3 options, you can do it

EternalSunset0

As for other writing sites, the only ones I have been to are Wattpad and Fictionpress. The environment there are fine as far as I experienced, but I never became that big of a writer to attract those trolls en masse.

NotYourTypicalMan

Exhausted Member
Thou cant attract trolls if thou doesnt write.

Like me
edit: fak i post this in wrong thread. Whatever anyway, i won't decline that +1 Msg count

Last edited:

JaxCreation

are there other sites like this that don't steal from authors, or trash talk or troll them? (Besides Saboteur's Road (RR), and Webnovel?)

Webnovel is actually notorious for having stolen content on it, particularly content from Wattpad. You also cannot delete stories from the platform unless you delete every chapter individually and change the title of the story to deleted and their royalty system is uh... Let’s just say their TOS isn’t really the most writer-friendly.

Wattpad is alright but it’s harder to gain traction on there since they deleted the forums. I first heard of it because my favourite authors on FictionPress were having their stories plagiarised on Wattpad :D They’ve also had some interesting rules regarding “exclusivity” in their contests recently which the most user-friendly.

RR is the only site I’ve heard of that forces you verify that content is your own before posting and the TOS is very user-friendly.

FictionPress is also user-friendly but it’s a dinosaur and it’s very hard to get an audience there.

Trash talking and trolling just depends on the community. FictionPress commenters were generally nice and/or helpful if they commented. Wattpad is a mixed bag - mostly depending on if the person reading was a writer or a reader. Wannabe editors are rampant there.

Ofc, the bigger/more popular a story gets, the more likely you are to attract trolls and entitled readers.

Temple

I think is moonquill is secure on copyright and ownership and stuff but I don't have much experience there.