Porting Over A Series

SerikoLee

Chaos Realm Creator/ Chaos God
Have you ever got attacked but felt a bit discouraged but ported over to another site.
I have ported over a series that got some flak when I was just making a series to get some feedback on my concept.
Like always I am sharing what I think and I have joined Tumblr so after 120 chapters, I will keep making the series on said site.
My hope is to share my conscrept and reach 300 chapters for the main series on Tumblr.
Anyways share what you did when you got flak for what you are writing.

Personal Blog

Last edited:

KiraMinoru

Untitled Generic Member
People... still use Tumblr? I thought the mythical Tumblr users had all gone extinct. This is the most shocking news I’ve heard all week. Omicron, who cares about that? We’ve found a bloody extinct species. This should be plastered all over mainstream media.

Seriously though, who’s still using Tumblr?(genuine question out of curiosity since the number of monthly active mobile users is supposedly 16.74 million in the US.)

Last edited:

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps
Hold on a minute. What do you mean 'share my conscript'. Are you running a prostitution ring of turning soldiers into prostitutes?

Well anyway, Ai-chan got flak mostly because of whiny, jealous little bitches back in royalroad. Ai-chan got review bombed by these assholes who couldn't accept that Ai-chan had good reviews when Ai-chan published on Amazon.

People... still use Tumblr?
not exclusively, but it has its uses. I use it once a blue moon, not for so much entertainment but as a mine for creative resources. Sometimes people say things in blogs that I can go, "Wow, that is a succinct encapsulation of the human experience".

Funny enough. The other day, a discord user said to me, "People still use Forums?"

:blobrofl: :blobrofl:

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
These days, I just laugh it off, but in my early days, I turned to music:

Temple

Oh, sharing time! :blob_melt:

Anyway, I'm writing a story with a psychopath MC. It gained traction quickly at RR because psychopath MC is a really popular trope. Unfortunately, what's actually popular is a psychopath MC that isn't really a psychopath, but more like a psychotic killer, usually in revenge plots (also very popular genre nowadays) - so that was what people were expecting from my story.

Turns out, my story is aiming to depict an actual psychopath and is very heavy on character exploration (because it's mainly a psychological story). No revenge thing going on or those usual things you'd expect from what's popular now. Normally, one would be happy to gain followers, but not if they followed you for the wrong reason. So came the negative reviews, the harsh comments, and so on. I didn't even visit the dashboard of my story at RR at that time because I'll keep seeing those reviews (now they have a new feature to hide reviews), I also didn't bother scrolling down to the comment section of my chapters. My initial setup was 2 chapters per week, but then it dwindled to once a week, and then reached like once every ten days because I was losing energy to continue publishing given the flak I was getting.

I also tried over at Webnovel. The earliest comments I received were saying they don't like the MC because she doesn't kill alot. Or they were looking for OP MC, the usual stuff. Again, it has something to do with the expectations of people when they see psychopath MC. I didn't finish porting over there because I don't think my story has a fighting chance especially when contracted stories are getting pushed.

A reader recommended trying over here at SH because it was supposedly more open and accepting of different things. True, SH is more open to other stuff compared to RR, however, SH also has preferences just like RR has its preferences. I didn't get flak here though, just that people ignored my story. I got like 20 followers, then kept on increasing by like 1-3 every chapter release.

Still, I persevered in RR and SH despite all of that because I was confident my MC could carry the story. Premise is usually what carries webnovels, that's why titles are becoming short summaries of the premise, but my point with the psychopath MC is that she'll actually work her psychopath charm on the readers and hook them in with character. Kind of a suicide idea in the world of webnovels, and my story is indeed an acquired taste. But eventually, I did manage to hook some people.

Not sure if this could help you, but my first year was hell, the half-year after that was the time some people started to warm up to my work, so stick with it I guess?

SerikoLee

Chaos Realm Creator/ Chaos God
Hold on a minute. What do you mean 'share my conscript'. Are you running a prostitution ring of turning soldiers into prostitutes?

Well anyway, Ai-chan got flak mostly because of whiny, jealous little bitches back in royalroad. Ai-chan got review bombed by these assholes who couldn't accept that Ai-chan had good reviews when Ai-chan published on Amazon.
Sharing conscript is a military term for a newbie so I picked the wrong words with the system am using.