Resolved Possible view erasure bug?

Jemini

I have no idea whether it was an author action, a moderator action, or an actual bug in the system, but I just noticed while I was poking around that World Keeper as well as at least 1 other top 15 series under the fantasy genre (I know because my own series, previously at # 16 in the Fantasy genre moved up 2 ranks suddenly) got their entire view count removed from the statistics.

This is the kinda thing that would be serious for this site to figure out because, as a somewhat successful author on this site, this sorta thing actually freaks me out a little to see it happen to someone else's series. It's also bad for the viewers because it makes it harder for them to find a good series by removing top novels from the genre tags top list.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
I'm not saying this happened as I have 0 knowledge on the matter, but...

A possible reason for this might be that Tony detected a view inflation from bots on the series, and so he 0ed to remove the bot views.

... No clue if that is true or not, just saying it might not necessarily be a bug.

Tony

Staff member
I have no idea whether it was an author action, a moderator action, or an actual bug in the system, but I just noticed while I was poking around that World Keeper as well as at least 1 other top 15 series under the fantasy genre (I know because my own series, previously at # 16 in the Fantasy genre moved up 2 ranks suddenly) got their entire view count removed from the statistics.

This is the kinda thing that would be serious for this site to figure out because, as a somewhat successful author on this site, this sorta thing actually freaks me out a little to see it happen to someone else's series. It's also bad for the viewers because it makes it harder for them to find a good series by removing top novels from the genre tags top list.
Mhm. World Keeper is currently sitting at 0 views.
I'm not saying this happened as I have 0 knowledge on the matter, but...

A possible reason for this might be that Tony detected a view inflation from bots on the series, and so he 0ed to remove the bot views.

... No clue if that is true or not, just saying it might not necessarily be a bug.

Just bugged. It's fixed now.

Jemini

Just bugged. It's fixed now.
My series is still #15 in Fantasy, where it was 16 before the bug. This means at least 1 more series (if not more) are still suffering from this. I don't know what the other series is, just that it was above me before. I am thinking some kind of announcement needs to be made so people will know to report the issue if they see anyone else affected. (or the authors themselves can report it.)

Moshi

@Jemini You're back to 16th place again. The difference between 15th and 16th is pretty small though - you both have similar view and favorite counts, so you probably were legitimately moved up that time.

Jemini

@Jemini You're back to 16th place again. The difference between 15th and 16th is pretty small though - you both have similar view and favorite counts, so you probably were legitimately moved up that time.

No, the people immediately above and below my position are the exact same people as were always in those positions (Including when I was at #15.) It was probably someone in the top 10 who had their views erased, and now it seems it has been corrected.

That being the case, I'm glad it appears the bug was fixed at the root. (Unless Tony just found the series I was talking about manually.)