Possible way to disable Comments on posts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zirrboy

Fueled by anger
You can prevent specific people from posting chapters by blocking them I think, but no general exclusion, as far as I know

Unicornpuke97

And here I beg for comments because I have an addiction.

No but seriously, why the hell would you blockade comments?
Because I hate criticism and would rather not see it at all, it makes me not want to write anymore
cause people shit on him, probably

I know rr author who disabled comments on his chapter after he got massive backslash over something the protagonist did
*her and yes it's very annoying

tounokenja

Gyaru connoisseur
Because I hate criticism and would rather not see it at all, it makes me not want to write anymore
Hahaha hahahahahaha

Getting shit on and hovering over the delete series button is a rite of passage as an author! Getting inaccurate shit reviews from people who skimmed your story and only read what they wanted to read and came to their own conclusions are a part of it all here at SH.

And that's before you even come near those three nasty letters that make snowflake vanilla bitches go reeeeeeeee like a damn autistic kid in the lunchroom when they get an odd number of chicken tendies. (Of course I mean NTR, even if you don't write it at all, but don't make it painstaking clear.)

Welcome to the shitshow!

longer

Balls
But that would also mean that there won't be positive comments telling you how good you are, despite the fact your writing could be questionable at best.

Unicornpuke97

That seems like a you problem to me mate? And honestly, if you're like that why even post your work online?
How else is anyone going to see it if I don't post it for free somewhere? I enjoy writing and I want people to enjoy reading what I write but that doesn't mean I want to see all the negative, annoying shitty stupid comments, especially after I put in hours upon hours of work
you can disable notifications for comments so you won't know when someone leaves a comment
Thank you, I guess that's the best option I have available.

Last edited:

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
How else is anyone going to see it if I don't post it for free somewhere? I enjoy writing and I want people to enjoy reading what I write but that doesn't mean I want to see all the negative, annoying shitty stupid comments, especially after I put in hours upon hours of work
There aren't really that many options for getting someone to see your work so I can't give any tips there. Though negative comments are a part of the life of any author. You either get thicker skin and use those negative comments to help you grow as an author or you can ignore them and maybe get better through classes. Yeah, there are plenty of trolls and useless stupid comments that don't help anyone but it's easy to ignore them when you know that all they want is a reaction out of you. That said, there are still plenty of negative comments that you can use to better yourself. If someone says that they don't like something about your style or use of grammar then you should think about it and see if it's an opinion or proper criticism. If more than one person says the same thing then it's probably the latter and you should consider changing whatever it is. That way you can have growth. If you don't want to change or don't like what they're saying then you can just ignore it and pretend that their opinion or criticism is pointless. However, there will be very little, if any growth.

LordJoyde

Thank you, I guess that's the best option I have available.
I mean, whatever floats your boat, mate.

My advice would be to grow a spine. Its far easier to bully people that can't or wont defend themselves than it is someone who will openly bite back.

Status
Not open for further replies.