Post a paragraph!

RockiesRetriever

The snow was perfect that day.

Not too soft, not too hard. Not too warm, not too cold. The bleak January weather had even been welcomed by the sun faintly appearing in the sky.

This is the very beginning of my story, Dog Boy

Alfir

The Inventor of Words
Sometimes, the biggest stranger in our lives is ourselves...
What should I do next? Should I do this? Is this the right thing to do? Just who am I?

-From Meanest Mob

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps
Carl wiped the moistness from his face with the palm of his right hand and stood up. He put the golden ring on the ring finger of his right hand. For safekeeping, he thought. Then he steeled his nerves and walked past them both.

Ai-chan feels it can certainly be improved, but that's for actual publishing copy. Hahaha!

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
As soon as I was legal age of consent, he made his move. I was lonely and he was so kind to me. I don't know if I was gay then, but I'm definitely nothing now. Sex is unappealing to me in any form. He encouraged me to work out and eat better. He got increasingly more controlling, using the excuse of "helping me." He was such a pervert and I bent myself into a pretzel fulfilling his every desire. I loved him. He was my first love and he was twenty years older then me. I went off to college, but he'd come to visit me, or I'd come and visit him.

Is it typical of your writing? Are you happy with it?
No.
Meh.

RavenRunes

Filth Wizard
Moth unsheathed a coppery claw and drew it lightly across Elle’s wrist. Blood beaded her smooth olive skin. Its scent stupefied me. I fought every instinct that wanted only to feast, and tried to retain the last few rags of my sanity. I felt the agony of my fangs lengthening in my gums, piercing my lips with the ferocity of my need.

(part of a novella I'm working on)

Is it typical? Yes.
Am I happy with it? Yes, for now

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
"Ah, I tried studying while sick a few times. I had to wait until mom slept because she refused to let me study with a fever, so I lit up a candle in the middle of the night to study once mom and dad were resting... It was a bit bothersome. My body feeling weak made it hard to properly understand the text, so I had to re-read the text more times than normal to comprehend it, but it was still manageable. I was able to avoid wasting time when sickly and was able to still move my studies forward, so it worked out."

This isn't from a novel I'm writing, but from a Roleplay I'm participating on.

It's typical of what I do when writing for roleplays, but not of my novel writing. I usually don't make whole paragraphs of dialogue like that.

And yes, I'm happy with it. I like this character and the way she behaves, so I end up liking most of the posts involving her~

Zenkarn

“What do you want Lexington? Here to steal something else from me because you're too incompetant to search on your own? Or was that more your father's bad luck rubbing off onto you?” Jester said.

Typical of your writing: Yes
Happy with it: Also yes. Writing insults is fun.