Post Your Best Line Below

ajrunaway

Have a line that you've written and you're proud of? Post it. I wanna see it.

Last edited:

jabathehut

Resident Troll
1596941892086.png

Nezothecat

No man is an island
but an island can live on its own.

therefore

I'd rather be an island because a man can't live on his own.

Unfortunately, I was not able to post in anywhere as I wasn't happy with the story.

NixolasZinn

Among the countless number of souls there is only one for me, for she is my beloved, and all will be right with the world, for as long as I have her by my side.

One of the lines I used in a D&D. Obsessed Demi-god that got to that position after facing cosmic retribution and lived. No joke, I was supposed to die in that session, but instead, I managed to roll high and often to take out the opposition.

Moonpearl

The Yuri Empress
Apparently it's:
“These are the keys you’ll need to open the doors. Come here whenever you want.”

He was surprised. “Is that a good idea? Aren’t these plants here for protection?”

“As long as you don’t pick them, stand on them, or go digging, you won’t hurt them. Besides…” She brushed his hair back behind his ear. “Isn’t this where you belong? As a flower who can’t live without the sun?”

The context is a dark elf telling a human that they can come to her private garden, which is the only place in the kingdom where you can get direct sunlight.
From this story here: https://www.scribblehub.com/read/148315-muirgen-amp-other-tales/chapter/148330/

I was worried that it was too cheesy when I wrote it, but my Beta reader went nuts over it when she read it, so apparently that's peak romance from me.

ajrunaway

Apparently it's:

The context is a dark elf telling a human that they can come to her private garden, which is the only place in the kingdom where you can get direct sunlight.
From this story here: https://www.scribblehub.com/read/148315-muirgen-amp-other-tales/chapter/148330/

I was worried that it was too cheesy when I wrote it, but my Beta reader went nuts over it when she read it, so apparently that's peak romance from me.
I haven’t even read the book yet and I’m weeping 😭

Apocryphal

“You are like a baby bird, and I’m momma bird. This is me metaphorically throwing up food for you in the form of knowledge!”

“.... that’s a weird ass metaphor...”

Michuyu

"The End"

I mean, really xD It is such a relief to finish writing a story. You just got out all that info that has been eating you up inside haha

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
"She wouldn't wish for such Fate to befall me, but I am just as irrational and selfish as her. She'll understand and love me, even though I cause just as much pain as she did to me."

Yorda

Villainess Yorda the Virtuous Flower of Evil
The term "manchild" popped into Monika's mind. She had never seen a real one before now. She postulated that manchildren are so seldom observed in the wild because of their unique ecology. The strong preference for their habitat to be their parents' house combined with the behavioural trait of being loners might be the reason behind the infrequent sightings.

Utilizing high-tech means - she had listened on the landline in secrecy - she found out everything, while the culprits gossiped away blissfully unaware of the unintended information dissemination.

Monika remembered the name of a famous artist she learned about in high school, Salvador Dali. He was most well known for his surrealist paintings of melting clocks. Somehow, when she looked at her melting body, in a melting world, and tried to scream from her melting mouth, she couldn't quite appreciate the artistic expression of it all before her consciousness cut off. It was sudden.

Last edited:

AmnerisTenjo

Damn, just one line? That's a tricky one. I've got this small paragraph that's my favourite but I can't pick just one line from it because then it doesn't work :blob_sweat:

My second favourite would be this:
"I thought you hated the power."
"What? No! I hated what came with the power. The power itself is fucking amazing. Wouldn't give it up for the worlds."

namio

This story of mine is like 90% about reconciling depression, trauma, hope and retaining kindness so I do end up liking a bunch of its lines...

Those brown eyes were nonchalant to the point of defiance, its current warmth extinguished and stomped on, its glint then more like cracked, parched ground. On that cold morning, he looked like the soil of the Slumbering Dragon Mountains: beaten into a solid hardness by the world, it turned its gaze to the sky, cursing its indifference.

"...So you're telling me you're from the future."
A chuckle. "You don't sound convinced."
"Oh, you were trying to convince me?” Wan Yu’s eyes were half-closed now, and his voice buoyant with airy nonchalance. It reminded Ye Xiyang of that afternoon when they stayed at some cleared storeroom in some mountain village— the hazy trust, that magical space tucked into the pockets of an unusually quiet dusk.