Post Your Best Line Below

angry_raccoon

"Jacinta began, but the agent jumped forward, pulling something from his pocket, black and sleek and sparking, taser-like, with a light that grew and grew and grew and Jacinta stepped back and tried to scream and pull away but the light extended

and

extended and the world cracked like a mirror-met-sledgehammer and pixels fell apart and she was collapsing, colliding; Alice-in-Wonderland slow-fast, sinking, writhing, body torn as though snagged on trees, pulled apart, bones falling into a pile, jangle-jangle, shaman ceremony inverted, falsehoods, glimpses of worlds like marbles in a vase and droplets in the rain--"

(I like poetry/poetic writing, whoops. This is at a scene where a character's jumping through the multiverse by surprise, just for context :"D)
There are a ton of awesome lines in this thread--both _____ lines and text lines haha

Not_A_Symphony

Picasso 2.0
“Isn’t that what I am doing? I am letting you go... to meet all the people you’ve killed” Ophelia’s smile turns psychotic as her cheeks begin to blush underneath the bloodstains, “Can you hear their screams, John...? Because I can... And they are begging for your attendance”
:blobspearpeek: :blobspearpeek: :blobspearpeek:

Walk

"Your eyes are gorgeous."

"That's because they want to see beautiful things. Now, step aside, fool!"

Slaynoir

From my newest series I Nearly Died and My Tongue Was Swapped With A Demon King's

“Excuse me?” He said in a short ended reply. “How am I not dead yet anyways? Did I get hit by the classic Truck-kun plot device or something?”

Agentt

Thighs
I wish I was stupid enough to not understand.

Said the MC when she realises that the only way to save the world is to die.

JM_Webb

Paladin "Enthusiast"
The news spread quietly, like a plague. Instead of a cough, it was a whisper. Instead of a sniffle it was a suggestion: “come to the longhouse tonight to hear the necromancer speak.” In the evening, the longhouse was full.

Love this passage so much.

Either this or

We had been staring up at the sky admiring the work of Ghalstorin when the ribbons of light only visible on these peaks made themselves known to man and the animals who could still remember what beauty was. They curled in their imaginary wind and threw the colors of flowers and oceans and sunlight upon the eternal snow and for the moment I forgot that I had left my village because I had touched yew, nightshade, and water hemlock and prayed to the thirteenth saint who brings only bitterness and Decay.

Last edited:

LoliGent

The Lolicon Gentleman
I walk on this pathway with visitors gathering around the various shops and food kiosks, a diverse cast of people all around me. Yet, I've never felt so isolated and solitary. It's like I'm looking through a glass that surrounds me at all times, never lifting itself to allow me to be a part of this bigger picture. Instead, I only have a small window to peer through.

The only line so far where I thought of this thread. Everything is still a rough draft, and this is the only passage that I seemed to really like at this point.

super straight male & the opposite sex of female
Oi mate! give me your cum!

Minx

Procrastinator Mongrel
"It's okay, Sheila. Being an idiot is not a sin."
received_294752564979163.jpeg

Mysticant

Resident Ant
If you think you are infallible, you better just wake up already.

Riza_Masuyama

My favorite (from my first posted novel here, Some Nights)
For a long time He felt like a broken jack-in-the-box; no matter how they wound Him up it never sprung out at the ready.

This story is about childhood friends to lovers(?) and full of angst and awkward moments!

20210718_SomeNights_V1_scribblehubsize.png

The_Everdistant_Utopia

Mapmaker | Writer | Lorekeeper
I'm quite proud of it, done with mouse btw
1626980359707.png

Jokes aside, I don't think I have any good line? So I'll just throw a random one:
Even though I could feel my voice begin to crack and my dry throat burn, I forced myself to continue. “Pay attention when people are talking to you!” I felt the prickling feeling in my chest dissipate as I unloaded my frustration at him.

Southdog

Caustic, handle with caution
"You kiddin' me? She ain't got too bad an attitude, she listens when I tell her stories, and where I come from any girl walkin' around her house with no top on is marriage material, I'll tell ya that much."

From I'm Your Huckleberry, an Isekai starring a country boy, a quarter-elven girl, and an even mix of slice of life shenanigans with nudity and adventure. This line is in a chapter I'm posting soon.

D

Deleted member 45782

Today I came up with a sentence. Not great but eh.

I feel like facepalming my desk a 100 times to cultivate a new line on my forehead to remedy my stupidity. At last, the only thing it does is cultivating 100 exp in more stupidness.

Was singing "I'm stupid" mantra this afternoon. Blunders.

Have a line that you've written and you're proud of? Post it. I wanna see it.
  • “If you think I am going to be squirmy or queasy when I am flirted with then you need to go find yourself a boy,” Ash coldly shuts down Rin’s advances.