Post your female character and I'll tell you what I think of her from my male reader's perspective

Napelynn

Ayyy yo :blob_okay:

So I've been seeing some females around here wondering what a guy might think of their female characters, whether they're likable or not

So post five sentences describing your female character, main, side, villain, etc, from one of your stories, either in the works or still unpublished, etc

Pictures to illustrate visuals are also fine too, but please resize them

Format: 1 character per person

Name of character:
Visuals (if any): image (preferably resized)
Description: Short blurb - can be about hobbies or general personality
Edit: If you're looking to change something about the character, let me know. I can try to advise.

I'm as gentle as I am handsome, I won't be harsh

If I'm interested to know more about your character, I'll ask - the great thing here is that if I ask, it's usually a good thing because it means that character or your presentation is interesting enough to be asked about.

Also, if you're a male reading this, don't hesitate to quote some of the profiles here and give an opinion if you feel like it :blob_melt:More opinions the better

Thank you to @LinXueLian for letting me shamelessly copy her thread.

The original version for male characters from a female perspective: https://forum.scribblehub.com/threa...-him-from-my-female-readers-perspective.5647/

Last edited:

LinXueLian

Always Handsome
I'LL START, THANK YOU

Name: HANDSOME SWORDSWOMAN LIN LIAN (TOTALLY NOT ME OK)

Visuals:
1622895277918.jpeg
1622895303087.jpeg

👆Like this but with boobs that aren't too big... LOOK, I have boobs alright, you just can't really see them, and anyway this character is NOT A SELF INSERT IN A NOVEL ABOUT MYSELF AS A SWORDSWOMAN, the boobs are NOT SMALL, THEY ARE NORMAL :blob_upset::blob_pout::blob_unsure:

Description:

HANDSOME ❇️✨very important attribute✨❇️
CAN READ
CAN WRITE
CAN KUNG FU POWERS
CAN SERVE HER HANDSOME HUNK SERVANT FISH WITH CHOPSTICKS AND DOTE ON HIM

Tell me what you think, maybe I might go ahead and make that novel :blob_drool::blob_drool::blob_drool::blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_aww::blob_aww::blob_aww: Remember, it's not about myself

LIN LIAN IS NOT A SELF INSERT!!!!!

Agentt

Thighs
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Reading this made me realise I don't have many characters at all.
Sooooooo. Frick?

What have I even written till now? I have to go check
Yep, just checked, I have just one.

Name: Flare.
Image: Just...check my signature.

Description:
Here, 5 sentences are way too less.
Here we go,
Hobbies: Making friends
Personality:
Highly gullible and trusts anyone. If you tell her sun rises in west, she will be like
"Huh, I must be remembering wrong then"

Highly highly racist? Is that the word?
Since she comes from a world of cartoons, the criminals are ugly and have no family. The good people are all handsome. Monsters must die.

Last edited:

Napelynn

I'LL START, THANK YOU

Visuals:
View attachment 7978View attachment 7979
👆Like this but with boobs that aren't too big... LOOK, I have boobs alright, you just can't really see them, and anyway this character is NOT A SELF INSERT IN A NOVEL ABOUT MYSELF AS A SWORDSWOMAN, the boobs are NOT SMALL, THEY ARE NORMAL :blob_upset::blob_pout::blob_unsure:

Description:

CAN READ
CAN WRITE
CAN KUNG FU POWERS

Tell me what you think, maybe I might go ahead and make that novel :blob_drool::blob_drool::blob_drool::blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_aww::blob_aww::blob_aww: Remember, it's not about myself

It’s good that she can read and write. Those are very important skills, relatable too. I think everyone that reads about her can read. Kung fu powers are cool because, well, they just are. I appreciate that she uses chopsticks and not forks to feed her handsome hunk servant. Stabbing is barbaric.

The most important part is obviously that she’s handsome like you. That instantly makes her a top tier character. My only problems with her are that she has Handsome Swordswoman in her name and she is a self insert.

Honestly though, you didn’t give much info, does she have any hobbies? What are her likes and dislikes? What is her personality like?
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Reading this made me realise I don't have many characters at all.
Sooooooo. Frick?

What have I even written till now? I have to go check
Yep, just checked, I have just one.

Name: Flare.
Image: Just...check my signature.

Description:
Here, 5 sentences are way too less.
Here we go,
Hobbies: Making friends
Personality:
Highly gullible and trusts anyone. If you tell her sun rises in west, she will be like
"Huh, I must be remembering wrong then"

Highly highly racist? Is that the word?
Since she comes from a world of cartoons, the criminals are ugly and have no family. The good people are all handsome. Monsters must die.
Her hobby of making friends is kind of bland. The gullibility and “racism” is an interesting idea but when I read through your story you didn’t really use them very well. At least, I read through your story and I don’t really remember those things coming up often.

LinXueLian

Always Handsome
It’s good that she can read and write. Those are very important skills, relatable too. I think everyone that reads about her can read. Kung fu powers are cool because, well, they just are. I appreciate that she uses chopsticks and not forks to feed her handsome hunk servant. Stabbing is barbaric.

The most important part is obviously that she’s handsome like you. That instantly makes her a top tier character. My only problems with her are that she has Handsome Swordswoman in her name and she is a self insert.

Honestly though, you didn’t give much info, does she have any hobbies? What are her likes and dislikes? What is her personality like?
Riiiight??? Forks are barbaric! NOBODY USE FORKS!! :blob_thor:

Ohhhh hobbies huh :blob_shock: I, uh....

Her hobbies are....

Looking at handsome hunks? Ummm teasing handsome hunks? Being handsome?? :blob_shock::sweating_profusely:

Agentt

Thighs

Her hobby of making friends is kind of bland. The gullibility and “racism” is an interesting idea but when I read through your story you didn’t really use them very well. At least, I read through your story and I don’t really remember those things coming up often.
Hehe. I am a pretty bad author.

EternalSunset0

Visuals:
View attachment 7978View attachment 7979

Description:

CAN READ
CAN WRITE
CAN KUNG FU POWERS

I like how you keep emphasizing that the character isn't a self-insert. Even with the same surname and name. :blobrofl:

I personally am not too fond of period dramas and the associated aesthetics, but she seems cool. I think I need to know more of her personality to have a more complete opinion though. On the other hand, I'm sure you'd really want to write that novel @LinXueLian so I'll give this a thumbs up.

Last edited:

LinXueLian

Always Handsome
I like how you keep emphasizing that the character isn't a self-insert. Even with the same surname and last name. :blobrofl:

I personally am not too fond of period dramas and the associated aesthetics, but she seems cool. I think I need to know more of her personality to have a more complete opinion though. On the other hand, I'm sure you'd really want to write that novel @LinXueLian so I'll give this a thumbs up.
Oh no! I wasn't being obvious! It's not a self-insert! Totally different person altogether! :blob_aww:

Omg though, isn't handsome a type of personality??? Hmmmm I gotta think of something then.......

I have indeed been thinking about writing it for some time, but I'm sitting on two novels... :sweating_profusely: One has only one chapter published, the other one has six unpublished chapters all sitting in my drive... :blob_shock: Can't make another novel nilly-willy....

ElliePorter

Crimson Queen Of The Night
Name: Watanabe Kyoko

Visuals: a tall, slender woman with thick black hair and has bangs that almost covers her eyes. Prefers to wear simple yet fashionable clothing during dates. Has a rather good proportion on her body and a shy, innocent looking face.

Description: An earnest, hard working office staff who is married to Murata Azai, a high level executive from another company.

Even though, she discovered her husband is a closet pervert and was the one who secretly groped her breasts in the Haunted House from their amusement park date. She didnt confront him about it but rather wrote what she really thinks about him in her diary.

A clumsy and yet adorable woman who will do anything to please her husband.

EternalSunset0

Anyway, here's mine @Napelynn

I'm honestly not sure which one to pick from my heroines, but let's go with first volume girl. Since she's probably my favorite in terms of visuals, after all. Personality and enjoyment in writing... not the undisputed favorite.

Name of character: Sayaka Uehara
Visuals: I have a lot of art of her and the other "main main" heroine on my thread (and my sig lol), but here's something I made out of a generator.

Description: Cool, graceful, and collected. She's very focused on her missions and seems to bear all the burdens by herself. Tends to be upfront and brash in confronting her problems or people she does not like. Despite her cold appearance, she's gets along with people in general (although she tends to be snarky and sarcastic towards the protagonist) and is very, very fond of cute things and eating sweets. She also easily gets flustered when she gets teased or dragged into the more fanservicey situations by the teacher/mentor character in the story.

AhoDesuGa

Name: Odette
Visuals: Black hair and black eyes. 5"10. Wears glasses.
Description: Mute 25 year old who works with deaf children. she's fiery and passionate despite the common assumption that mute folk tend to lean towards subdued character traits. Her hobbies include painting, gardening and boxing. She's very thoughtful, having grown up unable to voice all her opinions.

Be as harsh as you need to be.

Name: Mirai-chan

Appearance: Waist-length black hair, crimson red eyes, pretty smol and has delicate-looking body, but actually packs a lot of power. Skin's on the pale side and has a pretty deep voice for a loli. Loves to wear comfy clothes, even if it doesn't look feminine in the slightest. Comfy number one.

Despite being a loli, actually older than 25 years old.

Personality: She's super lazy on things that doesn't interest her. She also love girls so much and has no interest in guys, but could get pretty yuri if a guy gets turned to a hot girl (not crossdressing, but gender bender).

The loli is also quite a glutton. While she didn't need to eat that much, she did so since she wants satisfaction from her meals, and couldn't get fat either way.

Her hobby is sleeping and relaxing around. She often dream a lot of highly surreal situations and share it to her friends.

Her main goals in life are enjoying life in her own way to its fullest extent.

Her abilities can be anything I could think of, but basically around reality bending and world building. So there's kind of a lotta crafting behind the scenes.

==

Can't describe them with so little sentences since I feel she's a really complex character, the more I write about her.

She end up becoming the main character of most of my stories.

Last edited:

SailusGebel

Name: Mara Sobol

Visuals: Nineteen years old. Around 182cm tall. Has fit, slightly muscular physique. Especially her legs are long, her thighs are somewhat big. Her hips are wide, has small breasts. Has long natural blonde hair while the roots are brownish. Usually, they are free, and her bangs are combed back and held by a hair clip. She has few piercings on her ears and one on her lip. Her eyes are grey. She has a raspy voice.

Description: Due to being a rich second generation, she is willful, prideful, intelligent, cunning, and strong-willed. It caused her to fall into apathy as everything she could possibly do became stale and boring. She has sudden mood swings\good at acting. She dated a lot but soon got discouraged with the whole romance thing. Listening to her mother's advice currently tries to 'raise' her own perfect man and found an unexpected pleasure and joy in doing so.

Hobbies: Taekwondo, fighting in general, clubbing with friends, listening to music, going to the concerts of her favorite bands\singers, lately enjoys scheming.

Agentt

Thighs
Name: Watanabe Kyoko

Visuals: a tall, slender woman with thick black hair and has bangs that almost covers her eyes. Prefers to wear simple yet fashionable clothing during dates. Has a rather good proportion on her body and a shy, innocent looking face.

Description: An earnest, hard working office staff who is married to Murata Azai, a high level executive from another company.

Even though, she discovered her husband is a closet pervert and was the one who secretly groped her breasts in the Haunted House from their amusement park date. She didnt confront him about it but rather wrote what she really thinks about him in her diary.

A clumsy and yet adorable woman who will do anything to please her husband.
So, Napelynn is too tsun tsun to complete these, so he told me to 'do' you people.

So, black hair, done. You have won our hearts. Bangs aren't the best thing to call them, I understand you are doing the classic npc girl with eyes hidden, however it is better to call it a bunch of hair than bangs. Bangs give an untidy look.

And looking at her personality, she is definitely someone people would like to side with.

The fact that she is married immediately devided your audience into
1. Who don't want anything lewd to happen to her.
2. Ntr people who want her to cheat on her husband.

Choose wisely which way you want them to go

Waifu ratings: 6/10, aka, 'friends'
Name: Mara Sobol

Visuals: Nineteen years old. Around 182cm tall. Has fit, slightly muscular physique. Especially her legs are long, her thighs are somewhat big. Her hips are wide, has small breasts. Has long natural blonde hair while the roots are brownish. Usually, they are free, and her bangs are combed back and held by a hair clip. She has few piercings on her ears and one on her lip. Her eyes are grey. She has a raspy voice.

Description: Due to being a rich second generation, she is willful, prideful, intelligent, cunning, and strong-willed. It caused her to fall into apathy as everything she could possibly do became stale and boring. She has sudden mood swings\good at acting. She dated a lot but soon got discouraged with the whole romance thing. Listening to her mother's advice currently tries to 'raise' her own perfect man and found an unexpected pleasure and joy in doing so.

Hobbies: Taekwondo, fighting in general, clubbing with friends, listening to music, going to the concerts of her favorite bands\singers, lately enjoys scheming.
So, Naplynn came to me running,
"Agentt, help! It was a mistake!"
So I am here to hijack his thread.

So....this is smut, right? Considering you have given such vivid physical details, I assume it is smut.

If it is smut, then you are good to go. Horny people here don't care about looks or anything.

If it is not smut, then
The mood swings. Make sure to write them properly and have them proofread. People rather think she is an annoying bitch than think she is an innocent one.

And...this is yandere, right? I love yanderes, but I doubt you are making them the type I like, so, yeah, make her psychotic, rest doesn't matter.

Waifu rating: 8/10 would fantasise about
Name: Mirai-chan

Appearance: Waist-length black hair, crimson red eyes, pretty smol and has delicate-looking body, but actually packs a lot of power. Skin's on the pale side and has a pretty deep voice for a loli. Loves to wear comfy clothes, even if it doesn't look feminine in the slightest. Comfy number one.

Despite being a loli, actually older than 25 years old.

Personality: She's super lazy on things that doesn't interest her. She also love girls so much and has no interest in guys, but could get pretty yuri if a guy gets turned to a hot girl (not crossdressing, but gender bender).

The loli is also quite a glutton. While she didn't need to eat that much, she did so since she wants satisfaction from her meals, and couldn't get fat either way.

Her hobby is sleeping and relaxing around. She often dream a lot of highly surreal situations and share it to her friends.

Her main goals in life are enjoying life in her own way to its fullest extent.

Her abilities can be anything I could think of, but basically around reality bending and world building. So there's kind of a lotta crafting behind the scenes.

==

Can't describe them with so little sentences since I feel she's a really complex character, the more I write about her.

She end up becoming the main character of most of my stories.
You know you had me sold at the legal loli part, what's the point of discussing anymore.

So, Napelynn came to me, and he was like,
"Agentt! I am getting stage fright! Help, I don't know what to write!"

So, here I am.

Yeah, so we have a generic loli here. Feed her lots of cakes and she is happy. Taking parts in shenanigans. This seems to be a comedy, and I think you plan to show her mature side sometimes.
So, there is nothing much to talk to her about as a girl.

Waifu rating: 6/10 friends.
@gaylolis what was the shocking part?

Last edited:
@gaylolis what was the shocking part?

well she has a big penis and her vagina is a lot bigger than what it looks outside

she can also produce a lot of breast milk that tasted like milk tea

and on some of my stories she's depicted as a fallen angel that gets kicked from heaven by her mom since she's too lazy, but her mom actually didn't realize she looked at her own daughter in a perverted obsession

her dreams can be pretty horror, and she once poked a lovecraftian monster's huge eyeballs causing one eye to be completely crippled, and the monster really wanted to get away but couldn't.

she also had quite a psycho side when things infringe on her 'perfect world', but rarely she actually does commit to them, like the brutal tortures in her mind. if she did so, she did it for fun, when there's no consequences, like in games. at worst, she'll just try to 'erase' them, no pain, no agony, just gone.

Maybe it's not like actual killing, but she would 'ban' all karmic connections, like they won't be able to even interact with her for all eternity.

though, i didn't really want to imagine an innocent loli giggling cutely while trying to release her anger in ultra-realistic games.

i'm not sure if it's comedy. when i read my previous chapters, it's like when you mix a philosophy text, a loli hentai and nonsense.

Last edited:

SailusGebel

So, Napelynn is too tsun tsun to complete these, so he told me to 'do' you people.

So, black hair, done. You have won our hearts. Bangs aren't the best thing to call them, I understand you are doing the classic npc girl with eyes hidden, however it is better to call it a bunch of hair than bangs. Bangs give an untidy look.

And looking at her personality, she is definitely someone people would like to side with.

The fact that she is married immediately devided your audience into
1. Who don't want anything lewd to happen to her.
2. Ntr people who want her to cheat on her husband.

Choose wisely which way you want them to go

Waifu ratings: 6/10, aka, 'friends'

So, Naplynn came to me running,
"Agentt, help! It was a mistake!"
So I am here to hijack his thread.

So....this is smut, right? Considering you have given such vivid physical details, I assume it is smut.

If it is smut, then you are good to go. Horny people here don't care about looks or anything.

If it is not smut, then
The mood swings. Make sure to write them properly and have them proofread. People rather think she is an annoying bitch than think she is an innocent one.

And...this is yandere, right? I love yanderes, but I doubt you are making them the type I like, so, yeah, make her psychotic, rest doesn't matter.

Waifu rating: 8/10 would fantasise about
I lost a more detailed description of her face, and I need to surf through the whole novel, to piece it together. It is smut. But she still didn't have her 'time to shine.'
I don't have a proofreader, nor can I judge objectively if her mood swings are written properly. But she is somewhat divisive as a character to readers. She isn't a yandere though not yet. Her personality, currently, is about getting a feeling of joy from dominating someone morally. It's more about getting pleasure out of molding someone to your tastes. As her personality will develop, at least In my mind, she will act psychotic at the end.

Agentt

Thighs
I lost a more detailed description of her face, and I need to surf through the whole novel, to piece it together. It is smut. But she still didn't have her 'time to shine.'
I don't have a proofreader, nor can I judge objectively if her mood swings are written properly. But she is somewhat divisive as a character to readers. She isn't a yandere though not yet. Her personality, currently, is about getting a feeling of joy from dominating someone morally. It's more about getting pleasure out of molding someone to your tastes. As her personality will develop, at least In my mind, she will act psychotic at the end.
Proof reading can be hard. If you have friends here on forum, just message them the chapter and force them to read.

As I said earlier, a sadistic/dominating is something not of my taste, so I can't give much advice. I believe it would be better to give a more physical description here.
Rather than saying,
Oh, seeing him squirm like that is bursting fireworks in my head,
Or anything abstract like that, its better to use physical symptoms,
Oh seeing him squim like that is making me drool so much. My hands are tingling

SailusGebel

Proof reading can be hard. If you have friends here on forum, just message them the chapter and force them to read.

As I said earlier, a sadistic/dominating is something not of my taste, so I can't give much advice. I believe it would be better to give a more physical description here.
Rather than saying,
Oh, seeing him squirm like that is bursting fireworks in my head,
Or anything abstract like that, its better to use physical symptoms,
Oh seeing him squim like that is making me drool so much. My hands are tingling
It's a first-person novel, and she isn't MC, nor do we get her POV, so readers can only guess about her thought process. Her mood\actions correspond with the reaction\actions of the one she targets. Also, the reason for her mood swings gets explained most of the time. She is sadistic, but only because her life is boring and stale. It's a new toy for her, or a new game, playing with her target's mind. Her feeling will change into interest than love, matching the growth of the said target.
As for proofreading, I don't use this forum much. If anything, I came here to solve the bug and see if there would be an interesting theme for the writing contest. After this, I will leave the forum until I get another bug\see another contest.

Agentt

Thighs
Name: Odette
Visuals: Black hair and black eyes. 5"10. Wears glasses.
Description: Mute 25 year old who works with deaf children. she's fiery and passionate despite the common assumption that mute folk tend to lean towards subdued character traits. Her hobbies include painting, gardening and boxing. She's very thoughtful, having grown up unable to voice all her opinions.

Be as harsh as you need to be.
"Be as harsh as you need to be"
Rawr!
Rawr!!
Grrr!

Hai, hai. So, black hair with black eyes and you have won the hearts of people.

However coming to the personality, she is too perfect. Such a character would be nice if she was a heroine of romance, where she is helpless without the hero, but seeimg that you want to make her independent, you have to add some flaws.

Another way you can go, is to make it yuri, have both as equals, like colleagues, or someone who goes in the same train.

But I assume you are making it inspirational, in which case show a bit of her past.

How boys would like it? We shall ignore her. She is a side character, to me.

AhoDesuGa

"Be as harsh as you need to be"
Rawr!
Rawr!!
Grrr!

Hai, hai. So, black hair with black eyes and you have won the hearts of people.

However coming to the personality, she is too perfect. Such a character would be nice if she was a heroine of romance, where she is helpless without the hero, but seeimg that you want to make her independent, you have to add some flaws.

Another way you can go, is to make it yuri, have both as equals, like colleagues, or someone who goes in the same train.

But I assume you are making it inspirational, in which case show a bit of her past.

How boys would like it? We shall ignore her. She is a side character, to me.
You gave me 5 sentences!! I couldn't flesh her out and show you her beauty! *grabs by the shoulders and shakes tt-chan mercilessly* xD

On a more upbeat note though, thank you very much for the feedback.