Post your non-human character and I'll tell you what I think of them from my very human perspective

ZynGrand

The Winds Of Change Will Erode All Things.
Hi

Yada yada blah blah blah I'm copying.

Format: As many characters you want, just not all at once.

Name of character:
Visuals (if any):
image (preferably resized)
Description: Short blurb, 5 sentences maximum - can be about hobbies or general personality
Edit: If you're looking to change something about the character, let me know. I can try to advise.
I will give advice if I want to.

Last edited:

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
Hi

Name of character:
Visuals (if any):
Description: Short blurb, 5 sentences maximum - can be about hobbies or general personality
Edit: If you're looking to change something about the character, let me know. I can try to advise.
Shiro

He's a mixed wolf with black fur, perpetually perking ears and red, feline eyes (genetics are weird).

He speaks very little, often in short bursts without any pronouns or conjectures or any grammar that connects two sentences into one.

He tries to stay out of the spotlight a lot, opting to be the observer on the sidelines as much as possible.

This ties into his clothing options (long-sleeved and baggy) and his usual posture (hunched and squashed to hide his rather large stature), signifying a trait that he REALLY doesn't want to be in anyone's crosshairs.

There's a limit to how far you can push a man to his past.

ZynGrand

Shiro

He's a mixed wolf with black fur, perpetually perking ears and red, feline eyes (genetics are weird).

He speaks very little, often in short bursts without any pronouns or conjectures or any grammar that connects two sentences into one.

He tries to stay out of the spotlight a lot, opting to be the observer on the sidelines as much as possible.

This ties into his clothing options (long-sleeved and baggy) and his usual posture (hunched and squashed to hide his rather large stature), signifying a trait that he REALLY doesn't want to be in anyone's crosshairs.

There's a limit to how far you can push a man to his past.
Why does he have eight pecs? :blob_cookie:

Anyways, putting aside how unrealistic it is for a wolf to stand like me, a human, he seems like a loser.

Maybe there's an in-universe reason, but he doesn't know how to interact with others, is introverted, and has the gait of a coward.

...Not that those features are bad for a character. He looks like a bad boy type, so I think if the gap is accentuated he will seem more faceted.

BenJepheneT

Hi

Name of character:
Visuals (if any):
Dove

(I apologize for the baked lighting; it wasn't exactly sunshine and rainbows when this pic was taken.)

Dove (yes, that is his actual name) is a Doberman with mild fur, orange-accented eyebrows, sharp ears, and a pair of eyes that doesn't know how to do any other emotions besides glaring anger.

He's a dismissive guy, not with arrogance but with indifference; if you're not interesting or offer anything to him, he sees no point in approaching you or entertaining you any further if you were to take the initiative.

He's very frank with his words, which is often taken as rude behaviour by others and rightfully so; you don't want this guy as a motivational guru.

He becomes very aggressive to near-obsessive levels if he has an agenda for or against you; there's no escaping this guy if you piss him off/perk his interest.

Strength can be either a vehicle to a purpose or an adrenaline-ridden blindfold to reality.

Why does he have eight pecs? :blob_cookie:

Anyways, putting aside how unrealistic it is for a wolf to stand like me, a human, he seems like a loser.

Maybe there's an in-universe reason, but he doesn't know how to interact with others, is introverted, and has the gait of a coward.

...Not that those features are bad for a character. He looks like a bad boy type, so I think if the gap is accentuated he will seem more faceted.

It's a ridge that goes between the abdomen. Extreme cases can be seen as another pec. This isn't an extreme case; this is just me sucking at art.

1625209205045.png

I made the wolf stand because I can. Realism loses its compelling nature and becomes boring when put in the wrong place. And yes, he is a bit of a loser. If you told him so, he'll probably quiety laugh it off with a servicable smile. Not sure if he'd get bothered by it or not. He mostly puts on a poker face, so you be the judge for what goes on underneath it.

Oh you want to see a gap between his appearance and his personality?

wel, there's always a link to my story down below (;

ZynGrand

Dove

(I apologize for the baked lighting; it wasn't exactly sunshine and rainbows when this pic was taken.)

Dove (yes, that is his actual name) is a Doberman with mild fur, orange-accented eyebrows, sharp ears, and a pair of eyes that doesn't know how to do any other emotions besides glaring anger.

He's a dismissive guy, not with arrogance but with indifference; if you're not interesting or offer anything to him, he sees no point in approaching you or entertaining you any further if you were to take the initiative.

He's very frank with his words, which is often taken as rude behaviour by others and rightfully so; you don't want this guy as a motivational guru.

He becomes very aggressive to near-obsessive levels if he has an agenda for or against you; there's no escaping this guy if you piss him off/perk his interest.

Strength can be either a vehicle to a purpose or an adrenaline-ridden blindfold to reality.

It's a ridge that goes between the abdomen. Extreme cases can be seen as another pec. This isn't an extreme case; this is just me sucking at art.

View attachment 8334

I made the wolf stand because I can. Realism loses its compelling nature and becomes boring when put in the wrong place. And yes, he is a bit of a loser. If you told him so, he'll probably quiety laugh it off with a servicable smile. Not sure if he'd get bothered by it or not. He mostly puts on a poker face, so you be the judge for what goes on underneath it.

Oh you want to see a gap between his appearance and his personality?

wel, there's always a link to my story down below (;
You think I know how to (or want to) read? Do I look like a Shiro? I'd rather sleep all day and do my human activities like eating sandwiches and watching cable television.

Anyways, to begin it is once again unrealistic for a dog to stand on two legs for an extended period of time. But with your added text breathing about what you can, I will assume this was a limb of your anti-realism. I myself prefer the exquisitely real.

Most humans that I've met are like that.

The first thing I take note of is the connotation of the name Dove. Doves are birds that signify peace. Dove is not a bird, nor does he look peaceful. It's poetic really, and I applaud you for your deep artistic integrity. Also Doves are white and he seems to mostly be black.

All-in-all he seems like your run-of-the-mill tough guy, strutting around shirtless and with a large head. He's not a unique character, but that is not a sin set in eroded stone. He does not need to be third or fourth dimensional, for whatever role he plays he will fulfill it.

Quite the average creature, in the eyes of god.

BenJepheneT

(currently unnamed but for clarity's sake let's call her Tulip)

(not in the same universe as Shiro/Dove)

Contrary to her current expression, she's quite the laidback wyvern; she'll most likely share a drink with you than to turn a town into smouldering cinders, as that reduces the places for her to share drinks with strangers.

There's no special quality to her appearance; she's the most generic wyvern you've seen, and will easily blend into a herd of wyverns.

She has body-morphing capabilities, and can morph into various body shapes; from the most voluptuous of scalies to the stoutest of nannies, all except for her wings, tail, and face (the former two were for arbitrary reasons, and the latter she has no idea how to undo; there is a story behind that).

Throughout her long age, she spent most of her days interacting with the bipedal, humanoid population, which in turn led to many practical, civilized skills and knowledge instead of the UNGA BUNGA POISON BREATH mostly known of her species.

Apathy is a decent remedy for the restless search for a purpose.

You think I know how to (or want to) read? Do I look like a Shiro? I'd rather sleep all day and do my human activities like eating sandwiches and watching cable television.

Anyways, to begin it is once again unrealistic for a dog to stand on two legs for an extended period of time. But with your added text breathing about what you can, I will assume this was a limb of your anti-realism. I myself prefer the exquisitely real.

The first thing I take note of is the connotation of the name Dove. Doves are birds that signify peace. Dove is not a bird, nor does he look peaceful. It's poetic really, and I applaud you for your deep artistic integrity. Also Doves are white and he seems to mostly be black.

All-in-all he seems like your run-of-the-mill tough guy, strutting around shirtless and with a large head. He's not a unique character, but that is not a sin set in eroded stone. He does not need to be third or fourth dimensional, for whatever role he plays he will fulfill it.

Quite the average creature, in the eyes of god.

There's supposed to be a story behind Dove's name; I just can't find the right place to put that in.

I can agree he isn't the most unique of characters, but that doesn't mean I won't try to shape it as much as I can. He could be more interesting, if this 5 sentence bullshit didn't exist.

also,

sure

super straight male & the opposite sex of female
(currently unnamed but for clarity's sake let's call her Tulip)

(not in the same universe as Shiro/Dove)

Contrary to her current expression, she's quite the laidback wyvern; she'll most likely share a drink with you than to turn a town into smouldering cinders, as that reduces the places for her to share drinks with strangers.

There's no special quality to her appearance; she's the most generic wyvern you've seen, and will easily blend into a herd of wyverns.

She has body-morphing capabilities, and can morph into various body shapes; from the most voluptuous of scalies to the stoutest of nannies, all except for her wings, tail, and face (the former two were for arbitrary reasons, and the latter she has no idea how to undo; there is a story behind that).

Throughout her long age, she spent most of her days interacting with the bipedal, humanoid population, which in turn led to many practical, civilized skills and knowledge instead of the UNGA BUNGA POISON BREATH mostly known of her species.

Apathy is a decent remedy for the restless search for a purpose.

There's supposed to be a story behind Dove's name; I just can't find the right place to put that in.

I can agree he isn't the most unique of characters, but that doesn't mean I won't try to shape it as much as I can. He could be more interesting, if this 5 sentence bullshit didn't exist.

also,

sure
I see boobs

Bartun

Friendly Saurian Neighbor
Name of character: Rudo
Visuals:
Rudo1.png
Description:

Rudo is a ground dragon, a species of dinosaur-like beasts that once populated the world and that was believed to be extinct.
He was born and raised in slavery, so is very naive, blunt, and completely lacks in manners.
He is illiterate and never received any kind of education or training, but what he lacks in skills he makes up with unnatural strength and speed.
After witnessing the worst of mankind, he has developed a strong sense of justice. He will not hesitate to help those in need and to exact retribution on those who do evil.