Potato Laptop games

Sabruness

Cultured Yuri Connoisseur
you're a few days short otherwise you would have been able to claim Total Annihilation complete edition from GOG. That's so old you could play it on the most potato of computers (even back when it came out)

Suikeina

Tales of Maj'Eyal. Can buy it on steam for like $7 and it's even free to play without expansions. Highly recommend if you're interested at all in rougelikes/rougelites or challenging games.

Can get it free on their website here https://te4.org/ . For funsies, here is the cumulative play time data for all registered players as of a few days ago.
2020-06-02_160538.png

Last edited:

AkalE

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
Another FPS series to check out is the Stalker series. First game is the best, and the next 2 are pretty good. But, once again, the mods created for the game is amazing.
you're asking to put mods in a stalker game. a stalker game. you're effectively wrecking ball-ing an already unstable engine. I've tried it before and it crashes more times than I've killed creatures with mods on.

Suikeina

psst... DM me where to look.

Nooo!!!!

That looks complicated though :blob_no:

I'll admit that it is fairly complex, but it's not such a large wall that it's difficult to understand. Most of the stats and mechanics are typical RPG stuff. Also, its free to play (and cheap to buy) so it's definitely worth a try if you're into RPGs, challenges, rougelikes/lites, or just looking for something to play. Honestly, I can't recommend this game enough. It's just so good. :sweating_profusely:

Leti

Try playing visual novels, majority of them are potato-friendly. Or anything made by GameHouse.

AkalE

Depending on how potato your potato is CK2 is pretty good.
Ooo. Looks like strategy.... (P.S. as I already mentioned I'm a gaming noob. Abbreviations are a no-no... Googling CK led me to half an hour of window shopping jeans -_-)

Try playing visual novels, majority of them are potato-friendly. Or anything made by GameHouse.
:blob_hmm_two: VNs give me NSFW vibes

TRNRLogan

Ooo. Looks like strategy.... (P.S. as I already mentioned I'm a gaming noob. Abbreviations are a no-no... Googling CK led me to half an hour of window shopping jeans -_-)

Ah whoops

mostlyharmfulll

TeaMate since day 1
I would still say try some out. Because there are a lot of wholesome SFW-VNs out there worth playing/reading.
Also you could try idle games like the first Clicker Hero. Pretty satisfying to see nombuers going up.