Power systems

jabathehut

Resident Troll
For everyone who actually has em, what do your books,series, (whatever you want to call them) Power systems look like. As for what a power system is, think Chakra from Naruto or nen from HxH

Tides of protomis is the series btw
What is protomis
Protomis is best described as an energy source for the human body. It is made up of “Protomis Particles”. Groups Of Protomis Particles come, or, in many different forms. As such, there are many ways to encounter it. The amount of Protomis left on the earth is quite low with reserves being sapped by the many humans who have become Proto-humans through history.

In some events, a proto-human can release a light that resembles an aura, if they expel enough protomis. Though, as the threshold is high, this is restricted to higher tier proto-humans.

I would put some more info but i wouldn't wanna clog up the post.
FQ's/MBs power systems are litrpgs where the litrpg system is a forced form of cultivation so that no one has to breath. The systems are just a processing system for "xp" which is just refined mana. The major drawbacks of the systems are that FQ's allows foreign entities to fuck with your mind if your mana drops below a certain % while outside of the cities wards and MB's protagonist gains his enemies weaknesses along with their powers.

DD's magic system hasn't been explored and wont be for many chapters due to the MC's having a different magic system but it works a lot like reverend insanity's gu with some more drawbacks. Like a magical power that gives you control over fire might make you cold blooded and need to be heated/insulated at all times.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Mine is based on faith/trust/love 😇

Suzumiya

For everyone who actually has em, what do your books,series, (whatever you want to call them) Power systems look like. As for what a power system is, think Chakra from Naruto or nen from HxH

Tides of protomis is the series btw
What is protomis
Protomis is best described as an energy source for the human body. It is made up of “Protomis Particles”. Groups Of Protomis Particles come, or, in many different forms. As such, there are many ways to encounter it. The amount of Protomis left on the earth is quite low with reserves being sapped by the many humans who have become Proto-humans through history.

In some events, a proto-human can release a light that resembles an aura, if they expel enough protomis. Though, as the threshold is high, this is restricted to higher tier proto-humans.

I would put some more info but i wouldn't wanna clog up the post.
Power systems are an easy way to infodump, but I feel that many authors within the genre use them to ill effect: either they pay too much attention or too little attention; or they pay the wrong kinds of attention.

EDIT: To answer the question, I use a heavily houseruled version of Pathfinder, but I never make mention to it and try my best to hide its use from the reader.