Preachy Content

Snowyflakes

It doesn't seem to be that way, from my perspective. It's clear, concise, and on point. Nothing wrong with it.

Daitengu

Preachy as in everyone is against her? Then yeah, it's preachy. I never seen teachers give a shit like in the prologue, but US teachers just don't get paid enough to give a crap, much less target a student. Though I have heard of it in other countries, but I've no idea where this is set.

ACertainPassingUser

Preachy as in everyone is against her? Then yeah, it's preachy. I never seen teachers give a shit like in the prologue, but US teachers just don't get paid enough to give a crap, much less target a student. Though I have heard of it in other countries, but I've no idea where this is set.
You can't just generalize teacher like that.

If the teacher had a grudge for a type of student or something happened between them before, it's possible for a teacher to give a shit and target the single particular student.

And some teachers simply have too much time and had a bad hobby for fun, like meddling with student affairs personally and unfairly hating students that draw attraction, because of his grudge of one student that draw attraction in the past.

Targeting and bullying a single student is just as easy as targeting and targeting the smartest boy/girl in the class as favorite student. Good hobby for making this class interesting.

It really is dependent on the teacher itself, integrity of the school and other factors.

Daitengu

You can't just generalize teacher like that.

Sure I can. Teachers in the US get 30k to 40k on average. While they have a college debt of 140k to 250k. A plumber gets 35k to 64k, and about 15k tradesman school debt.

The federal funding for schools is based on attendance and overall exam scores. Meaning if you got low scores you get less funding.

You might get a couple of fresh from uni teachers that are bright eyed, but the other 30 to 40 are just jaded and every student is just a number in 20 to 40 years of getting paid less for more work than a plumber, and has actual incentive to ignore bullying. Then there's the anti-men stigma goin around making it so male teacher can't do anything for fear of being labeled a pedo.

All I got from public schooling is a distrust for authority, social anxiety, depression, and brain fog so bad, that I do good to remember what I read on SH a week ago.

Unregistered

Excuse me, is my story a bit preachy? If so, how can I make it unpreachy?
I wouldn't want to make it "unpreachy". Your style of writing is to deliver a message to the readers. Not everyone might be able to receive that message; but, those who do will be able to have the light shine to the truth. Left your prologue a heartwarming comment. Can consider reading it if more chapters are published.

YeshuasHeart

I want it set in a fictional world, and it takes place in Maritama, Mekura within the world of Adama.

Daitengu

I want it set in a fictional world, and it takes place in Maritama, Mekura within the world of Adama.
Cool, then you can do what you want.
Just keep in mind, unless they are dumb, teachers know that rumors are often false. I've had my share of stupid teachers, so can't say one way or the other.