Recommendations Progression Novel without cheats

Myxir

Hi, I am looking for progression novels without the MC possessing cheats.
I understand that authors give out the to make sure the MC kicks ass from the beginning, but it takes away all the tension for me.
For example 1000 li is a wuxia novel, where the MC is not given any Bloodline, Status screen, divine item or something similar.
Similar in litrpg the characters often get something like, first achievements or I fall on my face and I got a 99 % physical resistance skill for it, others do not get because reasons.
Another example I can think of is Hunter X Hunter.
Edit: I don't mind it being litrpg, wuxia or others.

Last edited:

ForestDweller

My novel is pretty much that, both power-wise and mentality-wise.

It doesn't have litrpg elements though.

The name's Reincarnation of A Worthless Man. You can go to it from my banner.

DarkGodEM

Book Editor
eyyyy
My dungeon novel is very similar to it, but it's grimdark and smut aswell so you may not like it that much.
Darkest Hour too but I don't update it as often

sereminar

Cold Steel Dig
Maybe not the kind of progression novel you're looking for cuz mc doesn't become some powerhouse of personal strength, she just works her butt off at getting really good at a game (trying not to spoil). It's a very hard fought organic growth with high stakes.

The Salamanders
Really solid slow/steady progression. Mc doesn't have any special cheats. Just works hard with friends that all support each other. (Well, they're teens so there's a lot more interpersonal drama than that, but you get the idea).

Nirrvash

Lament of the Slave
MC has a terrible experience behind her and is trying to find her way in the new world in which she finds herself. She doesn't have any special cheats, just a bunch of skills she hates and has to deal with. Slow progression.