Progressive mobile web app with offline functionality

MartiuUwu

Offline (pre-downloaded) content is the main reason one would even want a mobile app,
and if that can be done with simple mobile PWA web app - then even iOS could actually get that experience.

It should definitely be possible with SH:

SilvCrimBlac

A Historical Bastard
Offline (pre-downloaded) content is the main reason one would even want a mobile app,
and if that can be done with simple mobile PWA web app - then even iOS could actually get that experience.

Anyone using the word "Progressive" gets an automatic "hell no, fuck off" from me. Doesn't matter what it is.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice

Tony is working on making an app, but it takes time to adapt all the site's functionalities into an app that he is content with.

For now, just use the website.

Also worth note, offline reading probably won't happen, as you won't be getting ads while offline, which would make the feature reduce the profits of the website as a whole.

Discount_Blade

Sent Here To Piss You All Off
Tony is working on making an app, but it takes time to adapt all the site's functionalities into an app that he is content with.

For now, just use the website.

Also worth note, offline reading probably won't happen, as you won't be getting ads while offline, which would make the feature reduce the profits of the website as a whole.
I rarely even see ads though and I don't have any adblockers installed within my browser, and my antivirus's adblocker was disabled because of multiple sites that I frequently used asking for me to turn it off to help them as well as SH and RR.

And I still almost never see ads on SH.

AliceShiki

I rarely even see ads though and I don't have any adblockers installed within my browser, and my antivirus's adblocker was disabled because of multiple sites that I frequently used asking for me to turn it off to help them as well as SH and RR.

I almost never use the main site tbh, so I decided to do some quick checks just now.

From what I've seen, the ads take a few seconds to load, but are there in almost every page (though I'm fairly sure R-18 stories get no ads). The home page has 2 ads on the side, and so does the main page of any novel.

On novel chapters, there seems to be a small ad right below the View count of the chapter itself. As it takes a while to load, and isn't fixed at the top of the page as you start scrolling down, you probably get out of its rendering range before it finishes loading... Nonetheless, this ad was there in every single novel chapter I checked (though I didn't check chapters of R-18 novels).

Discount_Blade

Sent Here To Piss You All Off
I almost never use the main site tbh, so I decided to do some quick checks just now.

From what I've seen, the ads take a few seconds to load, but are there in almost every page (though I'm fairly sure R-18 stories get no ads). The home page has 2 ads on the side, and so does the main page of any novel.

On novel chapters, there seems to be a small ad right below the View count of the chapter itself. As it takes a while to load, and isn't fixed at the top of the page as you start scrolling down, you probably get out of its rendering range before it finishes loading... Nonetheless, this ad was there in every single novel chapter I checked (though I didn't check chapters of R-18 novels).
Weird. I double-checked to make sure I have no adblockers active and I don't. I saw only one ad, and this was in a single story chapter, nothing on main site or any other chapters. I also have never gotten ads while on forums.

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...
Anyone using the word "Progressive" gets an automatic "hell no, fuck off" from me. Doesn't matter what it is.
2784F04F-B547-4856-A875-2D5D60A3357F.jpeg

bigbear51

Considering how this site can be sometimes, I'm surprised this got as much positive reception as it did.

Zirrboy

Fueled by anger
Considering how this site can be sometimes, I'm surprised this got as much positive reception as it did.
Oh no people don't like the opinion I spent half an hour on to make it sound twice as aggressive and prickish than it actually is!

AliceShiki

Weird. I double-checked to make sure I have no adblockers active and I don't. I saw only one ad, and this was in a single story chapter, nothing on main site or any other chapters. I also have never gotten ads while on forums.
Ah, the forums have no ads alright.

No clue why the main site has no ads for you though. Maybe it's some region thingy? I genuinely dunno~

Agentt

Thighs
Ah, the forums have no ads alright.

No clue why the main site has no ads for you though. Maybe it's some region thingy? I genuinely dunno~
It can be a browzer thing, I don't see any on my tablet but do see them on my phone

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts

I don't know what's up with New York but my region is nickle and diming the absolute FUCK out of me. I get bombarded with Adobe and NU ads like I'm on the beaches of Normandy.

The amount of Audible/Amazon LitRPG promos I get on R² is enough to make a grown man wince.

Exivac

I use a mobile browser with a built-in AdBlocker, in mobile, there are 2 ads, one at the start and one at the end, below the nav buttons. Those would get stuck on "loading" and would never actually show the ad