Question about Yaoi and Yuri.

• Thread starter Deleted member 42060
  • Start date
Also, no offense, but why is Yuri painted as if the protagonists always have to be broken and only the power of love can heal them? Like, can love not start from two healthy people that happen to hit it up?
Because GL characters are dumber than a rock. They are naive to a fault, so cute and cuddly, and always wear their heart on their sleeves. They get taken advantage of by bad men, and have to run to a woman who understands them(which ironically is sometimes a dude in a girls body). At least that's what I got from the genre before dropping it completely.

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
Because GL characters are dumber than a rock. They are naive to a fault, so cute and cuddly, and always wear their heart on their sleeves. They get taken advantage of by bad men, and have to run to a woman who understands them(which ironically is sometimes a dude in a girls body). At least that's what I got from the genre before dropping it completely.
Some BL MC are also just as dumb. Or just effing jerks.

That gender bend Yuri thing will forever escape me. I like when BL stories have lesbian couples. They are so cute, but most importantly, realistic or at least understandable.

I wonder how many authors of Yuri have seen how real lesbians behave. They can be great, but also real bitches like every women is at times.

Straight women who run to other women should behave even more like a normal woman. What the heck is the crying kuudere, you’d get bullied in the girl’s restroom or simply be cast aside. Nobody wants to entertain a crybaby.

Some BL MC are also just as dumb. Or just effing jerks.

That gender bend Yuri thing will forever escape me. I like when BL stories have lesbian couples. They are so cute, but most importantly, realistic or at least understandable.

I wonder how many authors of Yuri have seen how real lesbians behave. They can be great, but also real bitches like every women is at times.
It's a stereotype. Maximizing cuteness while making the brain as smooth as possible.

Straight women who run to other women should behave even more like a normal woman. What the heck is the crying kuudere, you’d get bullied in the girl’s restroom or simply be cast aside. Nobody wants to entertain a crybaby.
Women can be fucking terrifying man. If you wronged a dude, he'd just beat you up, but a woman would never be satisfied with just that. She'd cook you alive while tearing down everything you hold dear. About the crying thing though, I'm not so sure. Some would care, but certainly not all.

tiaf

She'd cook you alive while tearing down everything you hold dear. About the crying thing though, I'm not so sure. Some would care, but certainly not all.
Firstly, what kinds of women have you met? Certainly not the nicest ones. My condolences.
Secondly, women get annoyed at themself for crying. Let alone some other woman who can only cry and depend on her strong s.o. For me at least it's a waste of energy and unproductive, so whenever I see a woman cry in fiction for dumb reasons without trying to actually solve the problem, then it's insta drop.

Idk, I can't deal with women who are too meek to get things done. But I saw enough of those types irl, and apparently, it attracts guys. So maybe that's a reason for guys to prefer yuri? Or it's the boobs, I bet it's boobs and ass

SailusGebel

So maybe that's a reason for guys to prefer yuri? Or it's the boobs, I bet it's boobs and ass
I can understand boobs, but why would you mention asses? Boys don't have asses? :blob_joy:

tiaf

I can understand boobs, but why would you mention asses? Boys don't have asses? :blob_joy:
Team boob and team ass.

Men asses and women asses are different! They seem to be the same, but they aren't. Believe me, once you try to draw them, you'll realize that they are even harder than limbs. :blob_blank:

Firstly, what kinds of women have you met? Certainly not the nicest ones. My condolences.
Most were nice actually. But the wicked witches type exists. I have seen and heard enough about them.
Secondly, women get annoyed at themself for crying. Let alone some other woman who can only cry and depend on her strong s.o. For me at least it's a waste of energy and unproductive, so whenever I see a woman cry in fiction for dumb reasons without trying to actually solve the problem, then it's insta drop.

Idk, I can't deal with women who are too meek to get things done. But I saw enough of those types irl, and apparently, it attracts guys. So maybe that's a reason for guys to prefer yuri? Or it's the boobs, I bet it's boobs and ass
Well, this is an inaccurate oversimplification, but it's realistic to a degree. This is a flaw, and I'd drop too if no character development occurs. The meek women evoke a sense of protectiveness that's wired in every guy's head. Most guys prefer yuri over BL because two girls getting hot and steamy is hot while two guys doing so is not. That's it.