Question for straight transgender men

TotallyHuman

It's good to be home.
I have a question for straight transgender men.
I was reading mtl of an otome game genderbender villainess yuri harem reincarnation (I feel like such a nerd describing this very particular niche) and there was a monologue that got me thinking about things. I also apologise if I asked something insensitive, I meant no harm.
Here, read the fragment first.
After having a date, I become too conscious of Kabuki. Until now, it was natural for me to stay together, see the bath, and help me change clothes. But lately, I'm embarrassed because I'm strangely aware of Kabuki.

Maybe ... this is adolescent!

What ... I'm an adult man, so I'm not embarrassed in adolescence. Physically, it's time for children of my generation to feel embarrassed to come into contact with the opposite sex, such as hair growing, chest swelling, and so on.

I've already experienced that kind of thing once, so what about hair growth, changes in my body, and the opposite sex? After all, is the opposite sex a girl for me? Are you a boy? I'm physically a woman, so if you think about it normally, the opposite sex would mean a man. But I have no resistance to seeing a man naked.

From a mental point of view, I think I'm a man and it's more embarrassing to see a woman naked. I absolutely hate being seen by a man. If you're a girl ... I'd rather like to show you a little ... No! different! I'm not a pervert! It's a story now!

Considering that I don't like being seen by men, it's a reaction of ordinary girls ... After all, I can't say either. There is nothing but a woman physically and a man mentally.
And the first thought I had was: "but there are such people though", and second one was: "How accurate (inaccurate) is such a portrayal?"
Though, of course, I understand that it likely depends on the individual. Still, it's interesting how you felt in a similar situation.
Also, please use the "reply" button, otherwise sh won't notify me for some reason

Lena

I was reading mtl of an otome game genderbender villainess yuri harem reincarnation
Okay, just fyi, trans men are transitioning into men, they're (generally) assigned female at birth.

Not a trans man, but I find the fragment a bit hard to follow. Who is the main character, which gender does Kabuki identify as? (And all the grammar errors also make it really hard to read, sorry)

Last edited:

TotallyHuman

It's good to be home.
Okay, just fyi, trans men are transitioning into men, they're (generally) assigned female at birth.

Not a trans man, but I find the fragment a bit hard to follow. Who is the main character, which gender does Kabuki identify as? (And all the grammar errors also make it really hard to read, sorry)
Yes, I know. The main character was a man in his previous life and was reincarnated as a villainess in an otome game, while still identifying (as much as a fan-service-y web novel protagonist can) as a man. That's why I classified them as a straight transgender man rather than a woman that they supposedly genderbendingly reincarnated into
Kabuki is a maid/confidant/love interest. It's not important. The narrative is from mc's point of view and there they talk about how they are growing conscious of the girls** (love interests) surrounding him* (*although saying "him" is tricky in this case, as with many other Japanese(and Japanese-styled) gender bender Web novels, as the issue of gender is usually glossed over very casually and lightly) (**as with case of Kabuki, despite having hadn't felt this way towards them before during childhood) and doesn't know if its the influence of the previous life they experienced or nature of adolescence or what. There are other things but that is somewhat of a general gist, as I understand it

Last edited:

BlackKnightX

I was reading mtl of an otome game genderbender villainess yuri harem reincarnation (I feel like such a nerd describing this very particular niche) and there was a monologue that got me thinking about things. I also apologise if I asked something insensitive, I meant no harm.
After having a date, I become too conscious of Kabuki. Until now, it was natural for me to stay together, see the bath, and help me change clothes. But lately, I'm embarrassed because I'm strangely aware of Kabuki.

Maybe ... this is adolescent!

What ... I'm an adult man, so I'm not embarrassed in adolescence. Physically, it's time for children of my generation to feel embarrassed to come into contact with the opposite sex, such as hair growing, chest swelling, and so on.

I've already experienced that kind of thing once, so what about hair growth, changes in my body, and the opposite sex? After all, is the opposite sex a girl for me? Are you a boy? I'm physically a woman, so if you think about it normally, the opposite sex would mean a man. But I have no resistance to seeing a man naked.

From a mental point of view, I think I'm a man and it's more embarrassing to see a woman naked. I absolutely hate being seen by a man. If you're a girl ... I'd rather like to show you a little ... No! different! I'm not a pervert! It's a story now!

Considering that I don't like being seen by men, it's a reaction of ordinary girls ... After all, I can't say either. There is nothing but a woman physically and a man mentally.
And the first thought I had was: "but there are such people though", and second one was: "How accurate (inaccurate) is such a portrayal?"
Though, of course, I understand that it likely depends on the individual. Still, it's interesting how you felt in a similar situation.
Also, please use the "reply" button, otherwise sh won't notify me for some reason
It’s pretty normal if looking from the straight men perspective. Though, not everyone is the same, but let me ask you this. If you have to show your junk to only one gender, which would it be? Your fellow men, or women?

According to your example, the guy was gender-bent into a girl so it’d feel weird if some men were to saw her naked(even if you are a man inside). Imagine if you are heterosexual and the same gender as you suddenly sees you naked and gives you a strange look, It’d feel weird, right?

aranicar

If you look at this through attraction and disregard gender it makes sense.

MC is attracted to women so if they are seen naked by women then they'll feel aroused or embarrassed. Since MC is not attracted to men, if men saw MC naked that would make them feel uncomfortable. Switch up the gender any which way and nothing would change. This is the most common depiction; it depends moreso on someone's personality and character than their gender in how they feel in this instance.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
It makes sense to me. The MC is a straight man who feels that he was born into the wrong body.

Cipiteca396

🌺🌑🐉🪶 Anxiety Overdrive
I ranted about this in one of my first posts on this forum, lol.

Basically, your orientation has nothing to do with your gender. Thus, using a descriptor like heterosexual or homosexual annoys me. It's not something you'll ever notice except when dealing with transpeople, but once you notice it, it's rather... annoying. Yeah. I said it twice, not because it's important, but because it's annoying.
Try clicking the Watch button in the upper right.