Question For The Video Editors

Lorelliad

If you love me, tie my hair 🎵
My class was split into five groups, each making a play. I had my groupmates record their lines, and added that it would be great if they could leave a second or two in between lines.

So, here's the question for the video editors. Is there some sort of editing software that I don't know about that can sense if there's not much sound in the vid, and snip it from there?

I don't want to cut every one of the lines into individual vids, just to put them back again together.

Exivac

I may not know too much about video editing software as my experience is just using HitFilm express to make videos for my father's business. But I can say this: Good luck there buddy... If you manage to find an automatic low audio snipper it will most likely be part of a pack expensive enough to sell your liver

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
I don’t understand the question.

If you want to add seconds of no sound between then any video editing software that supports different audio channels will do. There is no way around snipping and adding it together again.

Try DaVinci Resolve. It’s a free program on professional level. Just need to make acc or subscribe their newsletter. Idk what it was anymore.

Omnifarious

The Synaptic Nebula
So, here's the question for the video editors. Is there some sort of editing software that I don't know about that can sense if there's not much sound in the vid, and snip it from there?
No.

Exivac

Screenshots_2022-05-28-10-50-26.png

This looks like you are trying to get OP reported to me XDXDXD

melomarl

I don't know any video editing software that does it but if I was in your shoes, either I'll manually trim all those silent parts or I would run it in Audacity and use "Truncate Silence" feature. Then put the audio back in the vid editing software.

Look up how to use it in google/yt. Sounds complicated, yes. But I'm patient with these kinds of sh*t.