Random Post about Maneater - The Shark Game (Spoilers)

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
So I found this game hilarious on many levels... and I also found it annoying on many levels.

Here's an analysis on the characters I found interesting.

First of all you start off playing as the sharks mother, Scaly Pete kills your mother and takes you out of her and then you bite off his arm. That's how you're introduced to the main antagonist of the game. After that, you're swimming in what seems like swamp waters while eating to grow.

I find the dynamic between the shark and Scaly Pete kind of the opposite since you're the monster that grows up and wants to take revenge? Well it doesn't feel like revenge, more like I just want to eat animals and grow in peace while there are a bunch of shark hunters who want to kill me.

Anyway, as the shark I didn't feel anything for my mother... nor do I feel anything for everything I eat and kill, instead I feel great when my XP bar goes up showing I can grow and evolve. This happened throughout the game until I hit the level cap and still had to fight whales 10 levels above me. I wish there was no level cap... but anyway... the story was quite straight forward.

I have to give props to Scaly Petes Voice actor though. He did a great job. Scaly Pete was quite memorable along with the narrator of the story despite the game being more of a tongue in cheek not to serious story.

gogo7966

banishing a light and a dark. she/her
and here i thought you were gonna talk about the song