Random Story Outlines

Nahrenne

Pure and Innocent Maiden~
Story outline:

- Cursed MC + ML/FL
- Organisation out to get them(?), or one of them(?)
- War ongoing between several nations

That's all I have right now. Might come back to it, though I am more likely to scrap it.

X

minacia

perpetually sour
Otome Game Afterstory

After the end of the main story, the hero slays the demon lord, and the party goes all their own ways happily ever after... or so it goes. Except is it really a happy ending?

This story takes the perspective of the Mary Sue heroine after the epilogue. She is married to the hero, who is now an alcoholic war veteran who recently received the title of duke. Despite an exterior of nominally looking like a happy couple, the hero actually has a lot of darkness brewing inside of him. Specifically, after killing the demon lord, he absorbed a lot of the darkness, and those dark aspects have started to manifest in twisted ways...

Specially, the hero has a dungeon and abuses his wife (the heroine) every night, and basically the heroine is trapped in this hell where the hero is gradually becoming more and more evil... In fact, he's basically a male yandere...

The story begins after a particularly bad night, when the heroine suddenly begins to partially recover her memories from her past life due to her serious injuries. She realizes that this setting is identical to an otome game that she once played, except it's already past the ending. The heroine already reached the "Happy End", yet somehow things became twisted and three years later it's looking very miserable...

The heroine considers going to some of her "friends" (former classmates and party members), but everywhere she turns, things are looking more and more twisted and hopeless. Somehow, everyone that she used to care about became increasingly nightmarish (i.e. killing cats in the backyard shed, becoming a tyrant ruler), and the heroine slowly realizes that anyone involved in killing the Demon Lord (all of her friends) received a curse that corrupts them with evil. The heroine wasn't effected as badly because her past life memories are stabilizing her.

As the entire kingdom gradually turns dark, revolution (from unhappy peasants) and war/invaders (from a foreign country) looms over the kingdom.

The heroine is quickly presented with a choice: Should she betray her former friends (who would be executed/lynched by the peasants/invaders)?

However, the heroine clings to a desperate hope that she can save her friends from the curse of Darkness. She allies herself with her friends in the nobility by pretending to be a villainess (while being abused by her yandere husband at night), does atrocious things to the peasants/invaders, while meanwhile attempting to research the Darkness in the former Demon Lord's castle in a vain attempt to undo the evil spell.

Specifically, in the Demon Lord's study, the heroine finds a book that seems to contain a Dark Magic recipe that will undo the Darkness curse. The steps to activate the spell are clearly outlined in the book, but it involves doing three very bad things: (A) killing someone precious from each of the victims and putting their bones in a potion, (B) ten thousand innocent souls and imbuing all the evil, and (C) signing a contract with the God of the Underworld promising to be the new Demon Lord's succsesor.

Fast forward a bit more and the heroine => OP villainess with a cast of evil friends who are her allies.

She secretly accomplishes all of these steps and manages to break the curse on her friends/husband.

When they wake up from their corrupted state of evil, they are horrified by what they've done to their kingdom. Then they realize that the heroine has become the new Demon Lord, so they promptly kill her. They all surrender themselves to the revolutionaries, and after hiding away their respective children as orphans (a bunch of them were married and have kids... some of them grew up kind of twisted), they accept being executed as the instigators of the evil nightmare regime. They all die. The end!

Nahrenne

Otome Game Afterstory

After the end of the main story, the hero slays the demon lord, and the party goes all their own ways happily ever after... or so it goes. Except is it really a happy ending?

This story takes the perspective of the Mary Sue heroine after the epilogue. She is married to the hero, who is now an alcoholic war veteran who recently received the title of duke. Despite an exterior of nominally looking like a happy couple, the hero actually has a lot of darkness brewing inside of him. Specifically, after killing the demon lord, he absorbed a lot of the darkness, and those dark aspects have started to manifest in twisted ways...

Specially, the hero has a dungeon and abuses his wife (the heroine) every night, and basically the heroine is trapped in this hell where the hero is gradually becoming more and more evil... In fact, he's basically a male yandere...

The story begins after a particularly bad night, when the heroine suddenly begins to partially recover her memories from her past life due to her serious injuries. She realizes that this setting is identical to an otome game that she once played, except it's already past the ending. The heroine already reached the "Happy End", yet somehow things became twisted and three years later it's looking very miserable...

The heroine considers going to some of her "friends" (former classmates and party members), but everywhere she turns, things are looking more and more twisted and hopeless. Somehow, everyone that she used to care about became increasingly nightmarish (i.e. killing cats in the backyard shed, becoming a tyrant ruler), and the heroine slowly realizes that anyone involved in killing the Demon Lord (all of her friends) received a curse that corrupts them with evil. The heroine wasn't effected as badly because her past life memories are stabilizing her.

As the entire kingdom gradually turns dark, revolution (from unhappy peasants) and war/invaders (from a foreign country) looms over the kingdom.

The heroine is quickly presented with a choice: Should she betray her former friends (who would be executed/lynched by the peasants/invaders)?

However, the heroine clings to a desperate hope that she can save her friends from the curse of Darkness. She allies herself with her friends in the nobility by pretending to be a villainess (while being abused by her yandere husband at night), does atrocious things to the peasants/invaders, while meanwhile attempting to research the Darkness in the former Demon Lord's castle in a vain attempt to undo the evil spell.

Specifically, in the Demon Lord's study, the heroine finds a book that seems to contain a Dark Magic recipe that will undo the Darkness curse. The steps to activate the spell are clearly outlined in the book, but it involves doing three very bad things: (A) killing someone precious from each of the victims and putting their bones in a potion, (B) ten thousand innocent souls and imbuing all the evil, and (C) signing a contract with the God of the Underworld promising to be the new Demon Lord's succsesor.

Fast forward a bit more and the heroine => OP villainess with a cast of evil friends who are her allies.

She secretly accomplishes all of these steps and manages to break the curse on her friends/husband.

When they wake up from their corrupted state of evil, they are horrified by what they've done to their kingdom. Then they realize that the heroine has become the new Demon Lord, so they promptly kill her. They all surrender themselves to the revolutionaries, and after hiding away their respective children as orphans (a bunch of them were married and have kids... some of them grew up kind of twisted), they accept being executed as the instigators of the evil nightmare regime. They all die. The end!
To the end she was still a Mary Sue...

X

SailusGebel

I can throw a story outline of my own here, right?
I really want to write a story that centers around one fantasy city. It's always an adventure with isekai, or game-like elements or kingdom building in web or light novel field.
What about good old detective steampunk fantasy? An enormous city that has all the different races, from vampires and demons to humans and undead. Where there are no overpowered people in terms of solo strength, however, there are gangs and maniacs, cults and all of it mixed and blended for a long time. Sophisticated flintlocks and first electric generators exist side by side with voodoo shamans and golems that are used instead of horses. Perhaps something like Carnival Row, though more accent on a city itself. With close to zero interactions with an outside world except for suburbs and sewers.
With a protagonist slowly growing in strength and knowledge, getting from a rookie down there, to a well-known professional. A fixer, or detective, something along these lines, with a wide amount and variety of acquaintances.

Nahrenne

I really want to write a story that centers around one fantasy city. It's always an adventure with isekai, or game-like elements or kingdom building in web or light novel field.
What about good old detective steampunk fantasy? An enormous city that has all the different races, from vampires and demons to humans and undead. Where there are no overpowered people in terms of solo strength, however, there are gangs and maniacs, cults and all of it mixed and blended for a long time. Sophisticated flintlocks and first electric generators exist side by side with voodoo shamans and golems that are used instead of horses. Perhaps something like Carnival Row, though more accent on a city itself. With close to zero interactions with an outside world except for suburbs and sewers.
With a protagonist slowly growing in strength and knowledge, getting from a rookie down there, to a well-known professional. A fixer, or detective, something along these lines, with a wide amount and variety of acquaintances.
Sounds really interesting!
'o'

X

minacia

perpetually sour
Absolutely! Anyone can use this thread to dump stuff!

And steampunk really hits a lot of interesting stuff for a setting~

Freesia.Cutepearl

Nonsensically Weird while Weirdly Nonsensical
I have some ideas too, one of which I might not get to for a while, or ever, that I wanted to put out there, here, in case someone might feel like tackling it, though I'd really appreciate it if you let me know. I could give additional details and I'd just like to read it too.

I might flesh this out a bit more later, but here is the basic premise.

First, it would help A LOT if you have seen or are familiar with the basic plot of the movie Ocean's Eleven.

It's a similar premise to that, only like, a discount, what if, real life-ish take, with a different target.

It also helps if you're familiar with the kinds of contests restaurants like Mc Donalds have run in the past, particularly ones like the Monopoly thing.

We start with a group of friends, who have various jobs. All of which help in some way as a member of the "team" they will become.

One is the manager of three restaurants within the town that are owned by a franchisee, the restaurant is a large chain.

One is a delivery driver for the local truck delivery hub, another is his boss and the night shift manager at the local hub.

One is a dentist, or maybe a nurse or someone in the medical field that has access to things like x-ray machines or something similar.

Two of them are a pair of friends who work in security and penetration testing, one focuses on the physical aspects, the other digital aspects.

You could add or change these people around depending on what the specific needs end up becoming.

The restaurant chain's corporate office runs a contest and all franchises have to participate. It involves a bunch of peel off labels on food and drink items, matching the right combination results in winning prizes, with the grand prize being 10 million dollars.

For some reason, the ink used to print them is able to be seen using some kind of medical instrument, such as an x-ray machine or something.

Somehow one of the friends in the group finds this out and makes a remark to the others about it.

One of the group starts asking the others odd questions about their jobs over the next few days.

That person then comes up with a crazy scheme involving all of them and presents it to them.

The scheme involves the manager, delivery driver and his boss, getting as many of the food containers with the labels as possible, maybe with the help of the digital focused pentester to get more shipped to them by hacking something, and with the help of the one with medical access, and maybe the pentesters, they will stealthy use the equipment to check every label to find the winning combination.

The ones that they don't need to keep will then be returned or delivered as they should normally be. This will continue until they succeed in finding the combination. And then try to claim the winnings.

For antagonists, there could be some nosy person, or maybe someone who has a P.I. as a relative, and somehow they get noticed or reported. The P.I. or whoever starts investigating the shenanigans going on, either to expose them or to try and steal the prize for themselves.

There could also be issues brought up with the legitimacy of their claim over the prize for extra drama. There are really so many ways you could go with this premise.

I hope this makes... some kind of sense.

Nahrenne

I have some ideas too, one of which I might not get to for a while, or ever, that I wanted to put out there, here, in case someone might feel like tackling it, though I'd really appreciate it if you let me know. I could give additional details and I'd just like to read it too.

I might flesh this out a bit more later, but here is the basic premise.

First, it would help A LOT if you have seen or are familiar with the basic plot of the movie Ocean's Eleven.

It's a similar premise to that, only like, a discount, what if, real life-ish take, with a different target.

It also helps if you're familiar with the kinds of contests restaurants like Mc Donalds have run in the past, particularly ones like the Monopoly thing.

We start with a group of friends, who have various jobs. All of which help in some way as a member of the "team" they will become.

One is the manager of three restaurants within the town that are owned by a franchisee, the restaurant is a large chain.

One is a delivery driver for the local truck delivery hub, another is his boss and the night shift manager at the local hub.

One is a dentist, or maybe a nurse or someone in the medical field that has access to things like x-ray machines or something similar.

Two of them are a pair of friends who work in security and penetration testing, one focuses on the physical aspects, the other digital aspects.

You could add or change these people around depending on what the specific needs end up becoming.

The restaurant chain's corporate office runs a contest and all franchises have to participate. It involves a bunch of peel off labels on food and drink items, matching the right combination results in winning prizes, with the grand prize being 10 million dollars.

For some reason, the ink used to print them is able to be seen using some kind of medical instrument, such as an x-ray machine or something.

Somehow one of the friends in the group finds this out and makes a remark to the others about it.

One of the group starts asking the others odd questions about their jobs over the next few days.

That person then comes up with a crazy scheme involving all of them and presents it to them.

The scheme involves the manager, delivery driver and his boss, getting as many of the food containers with the labels as possible, maybe with the help of the digital focused pentester to get more shipped to them by hacking something, and with the help of the one with medical access, and maybe the pentesters, they will stealthy use the equipment to check every label to find the winning combination.

The ones that they don't need to keep will then be returned or delivered as they should normally be. This will continue until they succeed in finding the combination. And then try to claim the winnings.

For antagonists, there could be some nosy person, or maybe someone who has a P.I. as a relative, and somehow they get noticed or reported. The P.I. or whoever starts investigating the shenanigans going on, either to expose them or to try and steal the prize for themselves.

There could also be issues brought up with the legitimacy of their claim over the prize for extra drama. There are really so many ways you could go with this premise.

I hope this makes... some kind of sense.
Sounds interesting, though I've never really heard of that type of contest...
>w<

Do you mean like a Willy Wonka: golden ticket kind of thing?
'-'

X

Freesia.Cutepearl

Sounds interesting, though I've never really heard of that type of contest...
>w<

Do you mean like a Willy Wonka: golden ticket kind of thing?
'-'

X
If you've ever played Monopoly, what McDonald's did was had you collect spaces on the board, which in the game are grouped together by color. If I recall, each space on it's own was a prize, but collecting all of the spaces of a certain kind/color, got you a bigger prize. The biggest one being millions of dollars or something, if I recall right.

Nahrenne

If you've ever played Monopoly, what McDonald's did was had you collect spaces on the board, which in the game are grouped together by color. If I recall, each space on it's own was a prize, but collecting all of the spaces of a certain kind/color, got you a bigger prize. The biggest one being millions of dollars or something, if I recall right.
How...savvy of them.
'-'

X

Freesia.Cutepearl

How...savvy of them.
'-'

X
I found some images for an example

minacia

perpetually sour
I think I’ve been offered the contests, but I’ve always declined >.< so I’ve never actually played them!

minacia

perpetually sour
This one is another mpreg omegaverse BL.

For some reason I really like writing men with vaginas. I have no clue why.

In either case, let's start with the setting. Even though it's an ABO setting, there's no "heats", "estrus", "knotting" or anything like that. The main detail is that there happens to be a third sex termed "Omega" (men w/ vaginas or women w/ penises), who make up about 10% of the world. There are also "Alphas" which are basically rare hypersexual men/women, but other than than they're sort of irrelevant to the setting because there's no inherent A/O pairbonding in this universe.

Protagonist is an omega man named Karius.

Story is set in a generic Magic Academy (the aristocracy kind, sort of like Ouran High School), and Karius is a senior in high school.

The major plot/theme point in this story is that most women tend to marry soon after graduating from high school and become childbearing housewives. This is especially the case among the aristocracy, who frequently have arranged marriages. In fact, most families figure out their engagements before graduation, and most people are married before they're 20 years old.

Culturally speaking, this universe determines societal roles by genitals. Man with vagina = expected to become housewife and have babies. Women with penises = expected to become breadwinners.

Karius really resents the scheme because he doesn't feel like he fits in with the girls at school (who are stereotypical women x1000). For much of high school, he has hidden the fact that he's actually an omega, and hangs out with his friends (bros). He enjoys swordsmanship and is also good at sports, and honestly wishes that he could join the military.

However, the military bans women (or more specially, people with vaginas).

Anyhow, this story focuses on a senpai-kouhai relationship.

Karius is the senpai and he's furthermore the captain of the kendo team (or well, the equivalent of kendo in a fantasy world). There is a high school freshman who joins the kendo club who isn't particularly skilled with the sword, but he works really hard and spends a lot of time in the dojo when nobody is around (the kouhai ML).

As high school graduation inches closer and closer, Karius feels more and more depressed.

He vents his stress by spending more time int he dojo, hitting things with a sword to get out his frustration.

And also the fact that his parents want him to be engaged to this aristocratic man he has never met (and have babies). Karius has never told his classmates that he is an omega (he's deeply ashamed), so he has absolutely nobody he can talk to, and all this angst just builds up inside of him.

Since they are both in the dojo a lot, Karius ends up slowly spending more time with the Kouhai.

Kouhai is super kawaii and slightly effeminate. Even though he sucks with the sword, he's still super cute and kind of charming because he's not ashamed of anything, including the fact that he's pretty genderfluid for a cisguy. Kouhai plays portable games and is generally pretty happy, and basically he's like a shining rainbow of cheerfulness.

Karius gradually gets to know Kouhai and... he kind of hates him.

Well, verbally he hates him, because his genderfluid kouhai takes his masculinity for granted -- the masculinity that Karius desperately wishes he had so he didn't have to go get married off and have babies.

But it's sort of like a love-hate relationship, and Kouhai is completely unfazed by Karius's harsh training/language (he's always cheerful), and gradually Karius grows more and more fond of Kouhai...

Maybe he even likes him.

Well, he's in self-denial, anyways.

Anyhow, the climax of the story occurs when Karius's parents visit and inform him that his wedding will be the day after high school graduation. This means that he can't attend the summer kendo tournament that he's been training for the entire year, and this makes Karius extremely upset. He runs away to the dojo and locks himself in one of the training rooms and hits things as hard as he can, but also breaks down emotionally for the first time in the entire novel.

Kouhai finds him.

Kouhai finds out that Karius is an omega, and that Karius doesn't want to get married.

Kouhai suggests a stupidly simple solution: "Then let's have sex."

Basically, if Karius isn't a virgin anymore, then the aristocrat fiance whom he is supposed marry will reject the marriage (virginity is prized in this universe). This way, Karius will be able to attend to the kendo tournament, which will be essential for their school to win the tournament (because Karius is the best at kendo in the entire club).

Karius is somewhat shocked at Kouhai's suggestion, but then initially refuses him because if Kouhai takes his virginity, then Kouhai will be legally bound to marry him (another strange quirk of this universe). Karius says if he's going to lose his virginity, then it would be better to do it with an anonymous male prostitute so there aren't any legal issues down the line.

However Kouhai laughs and says he likes Karius, and would be happy to take responsibility marry him.

They make love and the story ends happily ever after.

((wow I actually wrote a happy ending once lololol)) @Queenfisher

Nahrenne

This one is another mpreg omegaverse BL.

For some reason I really like writing men with vaginas. I have no clue why.

In either case, let's start with the setting. Even though it's an ABO setting, there's no "heats", "estrus", "knotting" or anything like that. The main detail is that there happens to be a third sex termed "Omega" (men w/ vaginas or women w/ penises), who make up about 10% of the world. There are also "Alphas" which are basically rare hypersexual men/women, but other than than they're sort of irrelevant to the setting because there's no inherent A/O pairbonding in this universe.

Protagonist is an omega man named Karius.

Story is set in a generic Magic Academy (the aristocracy kind, sort of like Ouran High School), and Karius is a senior in high school.

The major plot/theme point in this story is that most women tend to marry soon after graduating from high school and become childbearing housewives. This is especially the case among the aristocracy, who frequently have arranged marriages. In fact, most families figure out their engagements before graduation, and most people are married before they're 20 years old.

Culturally speaking, this universe determines societal roles by genitals. Man with vagina = expected to become housewife and have babies. Women with penises = expected to become breadwinners.

Karius really resents the scheme because he doesn't feel like he fits in with the girls at school (who are stereotypical women x1000). For much of high school, he has hidden the fact that he's actually an omega, and hangs out with his friends (bros). He enjoys swordsmanship and is also good at sports, and honestly wishes that he could join the military.

However, the military bans women (or more specially, people with vaginas).

Anyhow, this story focuses on a senpai-kouhai relationship.

Karius is the senpai and he's furthermore the captain of the kendo team (or well, the equivalent of kendo in a fantasy world). There is a high school freshman who joins the kendo club who isn't particularly skilled with the sword, but he works really hard and spends a lot of time in the dojo when nobody is around (the kouhai ML).

As high school graduation inches closer and closer, Karius feels more and more depressed.

He vents his stress by spending more time int he dojo, hitting things with a sword to get out his frustration.

And also the fact that his parents want him to be engaged to this aristocratic man he has never met (and have babies). Karius has never told his classmates that he is an omega (he's deeply ashamed), so he has absolutely nobody he can talk to, and all this angst just builds up inside of him.

Since they are both in the dojo a lot, Karius ends up slowly spending more time with the Kouhai.

Kouhai is super kawaii and slightly effeminate. Even though he sucks with the sword, he's still super cute and kind of charming because he's not ashamed of anything, including the fact that he's pretty genderfluid for a cisguy. Kouhai plays portable games and is generally pretty happy, and basically he's like a shining rainbow of cheerfulness.

Karius gradually gets to know Kouhai and... he kind of hates him.

Well, verbally he hates him, because his genderfluid kouhai takes his masculinity for granted -- the masculinity that Karius desperately wishes he had so he didn't have to go get married off and have babies.

But it's sort of like a love-hate relationship, and Kouhai is completely unfazed by Karius's harsh training/language (he's always cheerful), and gradually Karius grows more and more fond of Kouhai...

Maybe he even likes him.

Well, he's in self-denial, anyways.

Anyhow, the climax of the story occurs when Karius's parents visit and inform him that his wedding will be the day after high school graduation. This means that he can't attend the summer kendo tournament that he's been training for the entire year, and this makes Karius extremely upset. He runs away to the dojo and locks himself in one of the training rooms and hits things as hard as he can, but also breaks down emotionally for the first time in the entire novel.

Kouhai finds him.

Kouhai finds out that Karius is an omega, and that Karius doesn't want to get married.

Kouhai suggests a stupidly simple solution: "Then let's have sex."

Basically, if Karius isn't a virgin anymore, then the aristocrat fiance whom he is supposed marry will reject the marriage (virginity is prized in this universe). This way, Karius will be able to attend to the kendo tournament, which will be essential for their school to win the tournament (because Karius is the best at kendo in the entire club).

Karius is somewhat shocked at Kouhai's suggestion, but then initially refuses him because if Kouhai takes his virginity, then Kouhai will be legally bound to marry him (another strange quirk of this universe). Karius says if he's going to lose his virginity, then it would be better to do it with an anonymous male prostitute so there aren't any legal issues down the line.

However Kouhai laughs and says he likes Karius, and would be happy to take responsibility marry him.

They make love and the story ends happily ever after.

((wow I actually wrote a happy ending once lololol)) @Queenfisher
You know, I was actually half-expecting the kouhai to end up being the guy Karius was engaged to.
'-'

X

minacia

perpetually sour
So the last two outlines I had, I turned into stories. IDK how far I'll get with them.
I remember reading several chapters of that and ending up dropping it.
>w<

It was ironic at the beginning, though, I will admit.

X
Actually I didn't get too far into it either! >.< I dropped it at some point as well.

But the beginning was definitely very memorable!