Random Story Outlines

ElliePorter

Crimson Queen Of The Night
I've been wanting to write an isekai story for a while but i dont how to pull this off though.

MC is an average, salaryman who just met his unfortunate demise at a car accident because it was raining very hard that certain day and he planned to replace his car tires, the following day. He is also an avid rock climber and called "Monkey King" due to his large hairy build.

He is reincarnated as a monkey (obviously) and leads a seemingly peaceful life but the threat of the demon lord reawakening and threatening all of creation to be erased from existence, just doesnt sit well for him.

The route of the demon king army is directly through the forest that he dwells in and he gathers all of the monkey clan on the forest and unites them all to defeat the demon king.

As the demon king and the MC who is hailed as the Monkey King were locked in a fierce battle on top of the World Tree.

In the end, the Monkey King defeated the Demon King and set his sights on conquering the Demon Realm next.

He gathered his army of primates together with the defeated army of the previous demon king as they swore their allegiance to him.

MC became the Great Demon Monkey King after he conquered the Demon Realm but all was not as it seemed.

Endless wars, scheming, politics and assassinations were too much for him.

So, he left the Demon Realm and entrusted his general, the son of the previous Demon King to take his place.

However, he had a stern warning for the new Demon King not to erase humanity anymore and if they breach their agreement. He come back and go bananas on them once again.

He returned to the Human Realm and for his efforts, the King wanted to make him a noble and a knight but he refused as he wants a normal and peaceful life.

And so, the Great Demon Monkey King became a receptionist for the adventurer's guild.

Herz

In the end, the Monkey King defeated the Demon King and set his sights on conquering the Demon Realm next.

Endless wars, scheming, politics and assassinations were too much for him.

If he wanted peace, why did he decide to conquer the Demon Realm? The premise itself isn't bad, but I feel conflicted about this point.
It makes the MC look like a real monkey; Unsure of what he wants to do, easily bored with his old toys.
He come back and go bananas on them once again.
:blob_happy: Is it gonna be a bl? The monkey king went bananas with the old demon lord and his son, the kind and the guild master...

ElliePorter

Crimson Queen Of The Night
If he wanted peace, why did he decide to conquer the Demon Realm? The premise itself isn't bad, but I feel conflicted about this point.
It makes the MC look like a real monkey; Unsure of what he wants to do, easily bored with his old toys.

:blob_happy: Is it gonna be a bl? The monkey king went bananas with the old demon lord and his son, the kind and the guild master...
Could be a BL tho 🤣

Well the MC is a Monkey 🤣

yuzuki

Witch and familiar (demon) marriage.

Magical honeymoon?

Story is framed in a way that the witch (MC) knows that getting married to her own familiar is a red flag!!! x10000

(especially when her familiar is a demon, since it's a lopsided relationship that severely damages the witch in a magical/contractual sense)

However, after fifteen years with her familiar at her side (ever since her childhood), she really couldn't help those feelings that she accumulated through the years. She's in love with her own familiar, and she's been in love ever since her teenage years. This is the story about the transient period of happiness after the wedding (they eloped), with some atmospheric hints that the future will be tragic since the familiar will drain the witch's magic => early death, and it's unclear if the familiar loves the witch back in the same way (the witch proposed the wedding to her familiar in a very contractual way, and obviously marriage is an objectively better contract for the familiar albeit extremely one-sided in benefits)

Plot points: Family disapproving of the marriage since witches aren't allowed to love their own familiars (it's taboo and extremely bad for the witch). Family also tried to separate the witch from her familiar (to get the witch another familiar whom she isn't in love with), so running away from family. Also getting kicked out of her coven since this kind of relationship is forbidden.

Climax: The familiar feels a lot of remorse about everything the witch is sacrificing in order to be together with him. This is a major character development because the familiar's thought processes / personality is intended to be portrayed as un-human -- like he's millions of years old and clearly doesn't have the same values and interests as ordinary humans. He's somewhat amoral in other ways.

Trainwreck story! Features of very unhealthy relationships. Polar opposite couple pairing, but trust/faith unwavering companionship at the heart of the story.

ElijahRyne

Not that Lazy…
I'm just creating this thread to dump story outlines for things that I probably won't have time to write. Feel free to contribute your own outlines!

Story outlines should generally have a beginning/middle/end. You should have a rough idea of the main conflict of the story and know how it will resolve. Please don't post incomplete story outlines. The entire point of this exercise is to imagine a novel from beginning to end.
It is almost impossible for me to imagine anything besides the vague framework of my stories. Nevertheless here is the my out line for my first arc. I wrote it before writing anything. So, I have already added and removed some things while writing.
Vague inaccurate outline for chapters 1-(20-40)

1 One night while crossing a small street, a person was hit by a car that had no headlights.

2 From the impact a small mist of blood was formed, this was the birth of Bloody.
Bloody floated aimlessly until it sensed food. This food was a mix of broken souls and moonlight. From the souls, Bloody saw many memories, from many people.

3 One day bloody grew eyes and the ability to hear. After that, they decided to explore the world. While exploring Bloody saw the world of humans and was enamored. Yet all the humans ignored Bloody. Still, Bloody explored and learned about the humans. It learned languages, math, history, science, etc. They learned for the hope of not being ignored. It thought that the humans were ignoring it because it was stupid.

4 Bloody learned that it was able to move objects with its mind. One day it sees that a car is about to hit a child, and, in a second, they launched the car into the stratosphere.

5 One day Bloody found a strange creature. A worm that parasites others of its kind. While watching, one day the worm turned into a small humanoid with red skin and a whip-like tail. Bloody decided that it would try to talk to this strange creature. The creature tried to eat Bloody, enraged Bloody tore it to pieces.

6 One day later, Bloody gained the ability to transform. Ecstatic, they turned into a human. They succeeded, but was only able to turn into a child. When they tried to fall asleep like a human, they turned back into the mist.

7 Bloody explored the world in their human form, until someone in a blue uniform asked if she should be in school. Bloody said that it was impossible for a monster like themselves to be enrolled in school. The uniformed man asked to meet Bloody’s parents, but they said that they don’t have any. The uniformed man called many people and after about 6 weeks, Bloody had a foster family and had enrolled in school.

8 ! They meet many people. One is Rut, a recluse who writes and speaks in codes. Another is Dren, a friend of Rut. They can keep up with Ruts codes. They are cheerful, but somewhat reserved. Another is Shine, they love playing with others. Shine was a human who reminded Bloody of herself, Bloody had a crush on him.

9 While at school bloody learns a lot about history, math, reading, and Science, yet she finds nothing on magic. While pondering this at school, they find a ball of light floating from class to class. Yet, it disappears before Bloody can reach it.

The orb was white, and reminded Bloody of fractured souls.
Perhaps it’s a ghost. Bloody eventually finds the orb, and watches as it turns human. They were the quiet person in the class. She was very good at magic. Bloody and her were good friends. One day she asked Bloody if she wanted to be her girlfriend. What does Bloody do?
Bloody befriends them. Bloody learns more and more about what she is from interacting with them.
As I said earlier this is not completely accurate. 4 has yet to happen, 7 happens differently, and there are various details in my story that I have added, changed, and removed when looking at the outline.
(My grammar sucks, this was never meant to be seen by others…)

ConansWitchBaby

Da Scalie Whisperer
Isekai

In the beginning of the story the MC has been there for a few years already. His power is light magic. Mostly used for healing and self buffing. By this point he's bitter. Having been there a few years he hasn't accomplished much. He wasn't able to introduce new technologies because he had always lacked capital. The one thing keeping him going in the world of magic is knowing that his own light magic will eventually lead to lasers and light barriers.

The story starts with the local temple noticing the random healing for money going around in the slums. They eventually catch him and find out that he isn't aligned to any god. Making them hate him because traditional healing magics are a gift through devotion. MC had become fairly high leveled do to constant healing rather than the cherry picking of devotees done in temples. It progresses to the temple making him join a quest to reclaim some land that was overrun by monsters. His reward, an orphanage as long as he doesn't heal after returning. As bitter as he had become, the constant helping of the poor had him grow a soft spot for people in need.

Middle. After having fought their way through a major monster nest, the party discover recent ruins. As in, people have been living there long after the supposed take over. By going further in to the territories the MC discovers he has been an idiot in using his powers and starts using it offensively. Strobing lights, overcharging pain receptacles, creating non illusion-magic illusions, invisibility, etc.

End. Eventually they find out that the monsters were in fact being controlled. A relatively small nation that was in the middle of waring kingdoms made it a priority to defend themselves. They had a history of being punching bags by all the surrounding nations. Being in tactically advantages position between all of them. They also had no sympathy from those who would conquer them. Previously they had dived into practices like necromancy and demon summoning with no true effect. So no one cared about ganking the blasphemers. Until ten years ago when they figured out how to control the monsters that would infinitely spawn from dungeons.

MC finally gets lasers and barriers. He starts to overshadow the team with defense and offense. Once they get to the big reveal they keep going until they meet a general and get offered the "join us" deal. MC accepts and unceremoniously calcifies the ligaments of the party members that refused. Reasoning being, their is no resistances against healing magic. So they drop to the ground unable to move and they get killed.

Final scene is the MC arriving to the city from the beginning shoulder to shoulder with the general of the small nation, and an army of monsters supporting them. They get greeted by an opposing army and an envoy to de-escalate the situation. The only thing he mentions is that he is a Lvl 100 light mage now and proceeds to make an orbital particle cannon spell to nuke the city.