Reader Reception: SH vs RR! (rant warning: f-bombs abound)

melchi

What is a custom title?
Anything above soft sci fi is no-no on both websites... maybe i should go litrpg.
Actually, the most popular titles on scribblehub are gender bender, girl's love, harem, smut. So if you really want to get lots of views I'd suggest going that route.

It is true that a litrpg will be much better received on royal road though. To add a twist to things, scifi can be popular on scribblehub. Both space core and orbital defense platform got on trending not but a couple weeks ago.

Last edited:

LAJistics

Is it gay, if it's with a futa?
I post everywhere. On some sites, my stories have very little traffic, some have a decent amount. Wattpad has given me the most views; the other sites are pretty meh (probably different interests).

The new story I've been writing is hard sci-fi, and surprisingly has the most engagement on webnovel. It's pretty much flopped on Wattpad this time around.

Royal Road has some engagement, but they're definitely more merciless in commenting.

So, all in all, it's hit or miss; depending on the genre on each site.

M.G.Driver

I post everywhere. On some sites, my stories have very little traffic, some have a decent amount. Wattpad has given me the most views; the other sites are pretty meh (probably different interests).

The new story I've been writing is hard sci-fi, and surprisingly has the most engagement on webnovel. It's pretty much flopped on Wattpad this time around.

Royal Road has some engagement, but they're definitely more merciless in commenting.

Is the new story called 'Unnatural (ABO)'?

Fox-Trot-9

Foxy, the fluffy butt-stabber!

Yeah, it's definitely hit-or-miss. I used to get a lot of traction on Wattpad for my poetry, but that was 2012-14 when Wattpad was still in its heyday. It's not so much now. I've tried Quotev, FictionPress, Taskey.me, but they all went caput.

Since good sir says it's fine can I have good recommendations from RR that isn't litrpg? I prefer fantasy/sci fi and no smuts.

Thanks good frogge sir, sincerely someone who hates litrpg.
haven't been reading as much lately. some of these are dead or abandoned

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Actually, the most popular titles on scribblehub are gender bender, girl's love, harem, smut. So if you really want to get lots of views I'd suggest going that route.

It is true that a litrpg will be much better received on royal road though. To add a twist to things, scifi can be popular on scribblehub. Both space core and orbital defense platform got on trending not but a couple weeks ago.
For how long will people propagate this lie?

The most popular genres in Scribblehub are Action and Adventure, and nothing else comes even close.

Why do people keep propagating this nonsense? I don't get it... It's like they filter out the two most popular genres, to then try figuring out who gets the 3rd place, but then forget to mention the #1 and #2 that were filtered out when trying to figure out who is #3.... I just don't get it, really.

Fox-Trot-9

Foxy, the fluffy butt-stabber!
The most popular genres in Scribblehub are Action and Adventure, and nothing else comes even close.
I didn't know that, but I guess it makes sense. Whether it's genderbend or GL or BL or isekai or fantasy or what have you, action and adventure tend to go with all of them.

JayDirex

@AliceShiki @SailusGebel Are the both of you being deliberately obtuse? Of course ACTION AND ADVENTURE are top because 100% of the novels on SH are action and adventure. But do not pretend for a minute that sex is not one of the main drivers on SH.

1674135731829.png

1674135782607.png

1674135820171.png

Don't pretend SH is a place for pure literature.

Le_ther

haven't been reading as much lately. some of these are dead or abandoned
I see thanks for the recommendation

AliceShiki

because 100% of the novels on SH are action and adventure.
Novel #5 on the list you have just shown on screenshots does not have neither Action nor Adventure. Your argument makes no sense.

The most popular stuff are Action and/or Adventure, in general. There are exceptions, like the #5 novel. It's exactly what I just said. Action/Adventure are the most popular genres by a gigantic margin and nothing else comes close.
But do not pretend for a minute that sex is not one of the main drivers on SH.
Why are you highlighting Harem as if it had anything to do with sex? Harem means multiple love interests. You're highlighting something irrelevant to your own argument.

Same thing for Gender Bender and GL. Neither of those imply sex in any way. What point are you trying to make here? You even highlighted Isekai once... What is the point of this highlighting you're doing? You're not even highlighting the genres mentioned by Melchi... I'm lost here.

You can try highlighting Smut if you want the sexual stuff. Maybe Ecchi too at most, though that is already a stretch.

... And Adult is supposed to be sexual too, but it's probably used interchangeably with Mature for stuff intended at mature audiences, so it probably needs to be checked on a case-by-case basis.
Who said that? I'm saying that people keep spreading the lie of GL, Gender Bender, Harem and Smut being the most popular genres of the site. They're not. They don't come even close to being the most popular genres, because Action and Adventure absolutely stomp them.

Those genres listed above can compete for 3rd spot, but it's the third spot only. If you wanna say that they're part of the top 6 genres of the site, sure, go ahead and say it, but only after saying that Action and Adventure are the most popular by a gigantic margin.

Last edited:

Prince_Azmiran_Myrian

🐉Burns you with his Love🐉

AliceShiki

Funnily enough, I don't see smut on any of the highlighted stories.
There is actually smut on #3. I dunno why Jay didn't highlight it. I have no idea where they were going with that screenshot.

And since we're at the topic of the dumb lie of Smuthub, I actually made a post about it using the top novels of all time of Scribblehub, back in October: https://forum.scribblehub.com/threa...-money-without-writing-smut.11709/post-254534

Dunno how much things changes since I last checked. But 24/25 of the top 25 novels were either Action or Adventure or both back then. It kinda speaks for itself, really.

JayDirex

Once again, you are being deliberately OBTUSE @AliceShiki

Saying Action and Adventure is the most popular is like saying “Readable by humans” is the most popular genre.

And stop pretending HAREM does not equal Sex. all of the BS I highlighted in all of the stories shows that SEX IS THE DRIVER on this website. Action and adventure is just the wrapper it is wrapped in.

Stop pretending this site is a literature site, because the EVERY SINGLE DAY TRENDING proves you wrong. People are up here for their KINKS!!! not for action and adventure.
There is actually smut on #3. I dunno why Jay didn't highlight it. I have no idea where they were going with that screenshot.

And since we're at the topic of the dumb lie of Smuthub, I actually made a post about it using the top novels of all time of Scribblehub, back in October: https://forum.scribblehub.com/threa...-money-without-writing-smut.11709/post-254534

Dunno how much things changes since I last checked. But 24/25 of the top 25 novels were either Action or Adventure or both back then. It kinda speaks for itself, really.
its ALL SMUT!! People don't have to highlight the word in the tag. What? Just because people don't write "Holding Hands" in the tag, folks won't hold hands. stop being OBTUSE!!

SailusGebel

@AliceShiki @SailusGebel Are the both of you being deliberately obtuse? Of course ACTION AND ADVENTURE are top because 100% of the novels on SH are action and adventure. But do not pretend for a minute that sex is not one of the main drivers on SH.

I'm not pretending, and I'm not obtuse. I'm not saying that smut, GB, harem, or GL is UNPOPULAR. I'm not saying that sex is UNPOPULAR on SH. I'm saying people who constantly say that GL and or smut is the only way to reach popularity took the joke too far. It's one thing to joke about this once or twice, and it's absolutely another one to say this seriously to every newcomer. If you simply look at series finder yourself, you will find out that LitRPG has the same level of popularity as GL, or smut, or GL smut. However, no one mentions this. Also, one day of trending =\= proving your point.

Le_ther

there's alot more. most i hadn't saved. let me know if you'd like more. It'd be a good excuse to rummage through the site again
The other 3 wasn't my type but im currently reading malt the manslayer. Thanks once again good sir