Reader Subcultures

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
I got so sick of those stories I ended up writing something to vent... then I kept writing, and now it's something else entirely, though still not face slapping.

I have definitely noticed a number of reviews on Novel Updates either full of complaints about MC passivity, or full of praise for their violence. The latter disturbs me sometimes... Especially when I try to read a story, realize it's a villain MC, but the author doesn't seem to realize that, and the readers don't seem to realize it either and just praise the heck out of the MC. Like... he's actively trying to increase the number of deaths in the world... that's evil!

The other trend I've noticed is the term Loli used for characters who's descriptions are not childlike at all, except for being short. Does that make my mother a loli? She's 5 feet tall. :blob_facepalm:

Neviance

People like violence I guess. Bet some forget about character development too. I think it's okay if a MC starts off confused or unsure if he adapts to his situation like in He Who Fights Monsters or Beastborne. Main characters are supposed to be human, not robots.