Reading my recent chapter is tacky

MissPaige36

✨Senior Forum Citizen✨
Okay please help, I don’t know why but my recent chapters, I’ve noticed but not really cared, have started to have huge spaces after every sentence or paragraph. It’s weird since I don’t like writing here, I just copy paste and then edit as I read and go. I feel it’s easier that way. But here’s an example how it looks like. It’ll be cursive so as to distinguish between the example and my typing.

“He sat under a tree, watching the scenery in front of him.

”Hey are you okay?” Someone asked.

He looked back…”
something like this. It makes reading annoying and I only realized when I was trying to reread my work. I don’t want to delete the spaces every time I need to edit since I want it to be normal. Please check out my first chapter or my seventh chapter so as to compare the two. I don’t enjoy typing on the site that much, writing on an app (google documents) feels more secure, and doesn’t require wifi either.

Thanks.

Last edited:

strayCat0

Other
That's because SH chapter(s) has auto space after paragraph even though you don't give any [enter], and will give double space if you used it for space between paragraphs in other writing apps.

Do this in your gdocs

1625679242569.png

I'm sorry if it's in another language. My laptop is weird and i can't seem to change it to English. But its interface should be the same. I guess in English, it should be 'add space after paragraph' box.

1625679335786.png

This is what you will get. You don't give any [enter] in the gdoc, and you still get a space between paragraphs, so you're still comfortable writing with gdoc. If you copy paste it to SH, then it should be okay. You don't need to delete anything.

I hope this helps...

Last edited:

MissPaige36

✨Senior Forum Citizen✨
That's because SH chapter(s) has auto space after paragraph even though you don't give any [enter], and will give double space if you used it for space between paragraphs in other writing apps.

Do this in your gdocs

I'm sorry if it's in another language. My laptop is weird and i can't seem to change it to English. But its interface should be the same. I guess in English, it should be 'add space after paragraph' box.

This is what you will get. You don't give any [enter] in the gdoc, and you still get a space between paragraphs, so you're still comfortable writing with gdoc. If you copy paste it to SH, then it should be okay. You don't need to delete anything.

I hope this helps...
Ah sorry but I write on an iPad. Like an iPad with a keyboard. It works like a normal iPad with apps and stuff except you can write on the keyboard…

so I’m not completely sure where to change it, especially since it’s not on english :C

strayCat0

Other
Ah sorry but I write on an iPad. Like an iPad with a keyboard. It works like a normal iPad with apps and stuff except you can write on the keyboard…

so I’m not completely sure where to change it, especially since it’s not on english :C
Right, I looked up my gdocs with my mobile phone. Just like you, I can't seem to find 'add space after paragraph' choice. I guess it's only in PC version after all.

I'm afraid the only thing you can do rn is to do the same as before, by deleting each space after you copy-paste it to SH. Though, let's just hope Tony may implement a new feature where we can choose no auto space after paragraph in chapter edit...

JayDirex

Try doing this trick:

1. When you finish on your Ipad, copy and paste the chapter into grammarly.com
2. Edit it in grammerly if you want. But once you paste it, RE-COPY the grammerly version and paste the grammerly version into SH.

3. Grammarly always reformats my stuff to fit perfectly in SH.

MissPaige36

✨Senior Forum Citizen✨
Try doing this trick:

1. When you finish on your Ipad, copy and paste the chapter into grammarly.com
2. Edit it in grammerly if you want. But once you paste it, RE-COPY the grammerly version and paste the grammerly version into SH.

3. Grammarly always reformats my stuff to fit perfectly in SH.
Alright so get a new app and do it like that? Sure.
Another way is to use Word and do a find/replace of
^p^p
to
^p
I’ve used word and too many of my documents have mysteriously disappeared so I don’t trust it anymore…

JayDirex

Alright so get a new app and do it like that? Sure.

I’ve used word and too many of my documents have mysteriously disappeared so I don’t trust it anymore…
Lol, no. I'm not telling you to download another app. just go to grammarly.com and paste your chapter into one of their editors. You don't have to sign up or anything or download an app. If you have internet connection you can just go to it. anyway after you pasted there recopy it from there and it will adjust the format perfectly for scribble hub.

But also while you're there you may as well take advantage of grammarly and check for errors.

It's a win-win.