Reasons why webnovel is annoying thread #80438:

aimless

Wanderer of Forums
Authors can delete reviews. You may think: ‘oh, but that’s a good thing! You can stop all those spam reviews people post on that app, and people with a hateboner for your story, for no reason!’

But some authors are salty bastards. Tens of my reviews with HELPFUL criticism have been deleted due to an author annoyed due to the low rating, and I know it wasn’t the (Terrible) Automod. I’m still gonna post my book n all there, but it’s just annoying

Last edited:

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...
If someone wants to shoot themselves, let them shoot themselves. You cant help those who don't want help. I love any feedback. Being ignored is far worse than hate.
Not really. The people that hate you nowadays will be willing to kill you. Portland style, brick to head

Silver_Sky

My reviews have sometimes been deleted/author blow up on me/ before. Like seriously? Just because you label character growth but still has the same personality for 800 chapters. It shouldn't take that long for your character to stop being naive (which is the growth they promoted).

Ymadthepirate

Professional Bitch Faggot in da house
People are just sadass bitches who can't take criticism cause there a little bitch

Generik0

Authors can delete reviews. You may think: ‘oh, but that’s a good thing! You can stop all those spam reviews people post on that app, and people with a hateboner for your story, for no reason!’

But some authors are salty bastards. Tens of my reviews with HELPFUL criticism have been deleted due to an author annoyed due to the low rating, and I know it wasn’t the (Terrible) Automod. I’m still gonna post my book n all there, but it’s just annoying
Webnovel does not offer Italized and Bold texts to uncontracted authors. A very basic but integral feature gone.

Last edited:

aimless

Wanderer of Forums
Webnovel does not offer Italized and Bold texts to uncontracted viewers. A very basic but integral feature gone.
Oh yeah, forgot to mention that. It’s really annoying when I wanna convey a specific feeling with italic/bold/whatever but I cant

Temple

I haven't been there for ages so I don't know the state of the site. Is it possible for an uncontracted story to get visibility other than being specifically searched for?

aimless

Wanderer of Forums
I haven't been there for ages so I don't know the state of the site. Is it possible for an uncontracted story to get visibility other than being specifically searched for?
Yeah, on:
-the your reading preferences tab
-Rising Fictions
-Potential Starlets
-some are even on the front page, e.g Villain: The Play of Destiny
-power rankings, although you need to change a setting to show it

Despite that, to put it bluntly, if you’re not contracted, you’re worthless to Webnovel’s higher-ups, although you might possibly get more money by not being contracted, if your story’s pretty popular and you post on multiple sites with people supporting you on patreon

uum i have a question
i have been on webnovel for a while
like the good times when you could get to the juicy goods of a story before deciding if you wanna pay for it but i have always wondered
are some of the reviews bought or something coz bruuuuuhhh
on some books like you see over a hundred reviews saying how good a story is but then when you get to it youre like are you kidding me
am not saying its terrible but it needs a kinda mental fortitude to focus

and then there some of those where you see bad reviews but you read anyway then you get a hidden gem for real

is it like marketing strategy or something or just some bad luck on my part?

its a legit question

Mortrexo

uum i have a question
i have been on webnovel for a while
like the good times when you could get to the juicy goods of a story before deciding if you wanna pay for it but i have always wondered
are some of the reviews bought or something coz bruuuuuhhh
on some books like you see over a hundred reviews saying how good a story is but then when you get to it youre like are you kidding me
am not saying its terrible but it needs a kinda mental fortitude to focus

and then there some of those where you see bad reviews but you read anyway then you get a hidden gem for real

is it like marketing strategy or something or just some bad luck on my part?

its a legit question
Probably this happens because of expectations.

You read good reviews and enter the novel thinking you will read a masterpiece, but then you read a good novel that isn't something that blows you away.

The contrary also could be happening to you, you think you will read something very bad, and then you read something decent, creating that gap in judgment.

I recommend reading the first chapters without reading reviews, and if you feel like you don't like the novel, go to the review section and see. If you like it, well, then continue reading, right?

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
Not really. The people that hate you nowadays will be willing to kill you. Portland style, brick to head
I got beaten into a coma and had to have my face sewn back on. Dude, it's not as bad as it used to be. People claim it's so bad now, but, trust me, it's been far worse.

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...
I got beaten into a coma and had to have my face sewn back on. Dude, it's not as bad as it used to be. People claim it's so bad now, but, trust me, it's been far worse.
Hope more of them get exposed just like how Eric Clanton got exposed

NobleTalon

I didn't know authors could delete reviews on webnovel lmao

as for your issue, while constructed criticism is beneficial for a writer (best way to learn IMO), many readers tend to give a minimal rating without proper explanations. So maybe this author you are talking about was just pissed off, or maybe your criticism was a bit too harsh or not objective enough. Idk