Received 4 1-star ratings because another author accused me of stealing and cropping someone's else cover image

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace_Arriande

This is quite rich, isn't it? O.o Tell someone to grow up and stop whining one moment, and then threaten someone unknown with a revenge rating out of spite another moment.

Don't you know that you're supposed to say things I disagree with instead of making me agree with you like this? smh. It's the whole point of our relationship.

He must have came from discord or his parents didn't raise him right by shutting down his complaints. Abusive parents generally raise their kids by telling them to shut up and stop complaining. He probably thrived by making nasty jokes at others expenses, basically a bully, just cowards in different clothing.

The guy who liked his post was the one who accused me of theft, revenge rating and other bs.

I 100% believe you should continue pursuing this to make sure that everything is fair if you're concerned. It's just something that you're really better off doing in private by messaging Tony directly instead of throwing all this out to the public. Even if you're in the right, it still hurts your image to continue like this. Also, don't feel like you need to change your cover or anything since I recall you mentioning that earlier. If you paid for the cover, you have every right to use it as much as anybody else does. And if you post to Royal Road and immediately get rating bombed, you can open up a support ticket with the proof there that you're being brigaded.

As you can already see in this post, the drama is heating up and this thread is probably going to get locked soon because of that. So, I'll just summarize. Don't just sweep it under the rug. If you're concerned, take it to Tony. Tony is the only one who can do anything about it, not any of us here. Then, all you have to do is (preferably) respect whatever decision Tony makes. If Tony makes a decision that you don't agree with, there's really not anything that can be done about it. But, Tony is very good about removing falsified ratings and being fair, as far as I'm aware. So, again. It's best to take it to Tony and keep it there.

Woofcano

Must be nice to accuse others of theft, revenge rating then link my topic on your public discord to get your followers to attack me. Don't justify asshole behaviours with having thick skin.

Jeez. No one has attacked you. They've made fun out of your ridiculous behaviour, yes, but get over your victim complex and self-importance.
You almost got an apology for the comment, but the tone of this thread lost you the right to any such gesture.
The point Antillar made was behaving like you are, will lead to you crashing and burning on other platforms as they are not as positive and accepting as SH.
The more you continue this, the more people will talk about it and make fun of it. It's as simple as that, mate.

EDIT: My first step may have been incorrect, but instead of a proper resolution the author decided to blow it out of proportion. Anyone curious enough/bored enough to get further involved in this pointless charade, here is a link to my Discord. You can scroll through the conversations that have happened over the past day. https://discord.gg/BV7xbEY

elgikia

Jeez. No one has attacked you. They've made fun out of your ridiculous behaviour, yes, but get over your victim complex and self-importance.
You almost got an apology for the comment, but the tone of this thread lost you the right to any such gesture.
The point Antillar made was behaving like you are, will lead to you crashing and burning on other platforms as they are not as positive and accepting as SH.
The more you continue this, the more people will talk about it and make fun of it. It's as simple as that, mate.
I really don't have to earn your apology. I wanted you to stop with the harassment, but I don't see any prove the harassment is being stopped. Having bad reviews is one thing, but this is targeted harassment by other authors. It's not the same.

Go ahead and laugh at me. I'm sure you find it very funny.

Last edited:

Rellawing

Optimistic Kitten
He must have came from discord or his parents didn't raise him right by shutting down his complaints. Abusive parents generally raise their kids by telling them to shut up and stop complaining. He probably thrived by making nasty jokes at others expenses, basically a bully, just cowards in different clothing.

The guy who liked his post was the one who accused me of theft, revenge rating and other bs.

Bottom line, ratings should be removed entirely from this and every other site. :blob_paint: It's a deeply flawed system which leads to nothing but drama and war whether stories get a ton of good ratings or bad ones, nya.

But you are literally grinding the worst kind of salt into your own wounds here. =/ It's not likely you'll get an apology, and asking for one is futile. No one will force anyone to say, "I'm sorry." This is just how the world is. :blob_teary:

elgikia

Bottom line, ratings should be removed entirely from this and every other site. :blob_paint: It's a deeply flawed system which leads to nothing but drama and war whether stories get a ton of good ratings or bad ones, nya.

But you are literally grinding the worst kind of salt into your own wounds here. =/ It's not likely you'll get an apology, and asking for one is futile. No one will force anyone to say, "I'm sorry." This is just how the world is. :blob_teary:
I understand why people would be upset about someone complaining. I was put into this position that I didn't want to be in. But also, I thought the issue was already resolved until just now when he posted his URL on the discord to get his followers to attack me.

elgikia

Don't you know that you're supposed to say things I disagree with instead of making me agree with you like this? smh. It's the whole point of our relationship.

I 100% believe you should continue pursuing this to make sure that everything is fair if you're concerned. It's just something that you're really better off doing in private by messaging Tony directly instead of throwing all this out to the public. Even if you're in the right, it still hurts your image to continue like this. Also, don't feel like you need to change your cover or anything since I recall you mentioning that earlier. If you paid for the cover, you have every right to use it as much as anybody else does. And if you post to Royal Road and immediately get rating bombed, you can open up a support ticket with the proof there that you're being brigaded.

As you can already see in this post, the drama is heating up and this thread is probably going to get locked soon because of that. So, I'll just summarize. Don't just sweep it under the rug. If you're concerned, take it to Tony. Tony is the only one who can do anything about it, not any of us here. Then, all you have to do is (preferably) respect whatever decision Tony makes. If Tony makes a decision that you don't agree with, there's really not anything that can be done about it. But, Tony is very good about removing falsified ratings and being fair, as far as I'm aware. So, again. It's best to take it to Tony and keep it there.
I will contact him after I'm home. I hope he isn't busy managing this site.

Woofcano

I will contact him after I'm home. I hope he isn't busy managing this site.
Good luck with your witch hunt. May all your 1 stars be purged and turned to 5s as you truly deserve. All that have wronged you shall burn in holy flame for their crimes. The Paladins of Righteousness ride with you against the reviled Woof and all those that cackle with him in the darkness.

elgikia

Good luck with your witch hunt. May all your 1 stars be purged and turned to 5s as you truly deserve. All that have wronged you shall burn in holy flame for their crimes. The Paladins of Righteousness ride with you against the reviled Woof and all those that cackle with him in the darkness.
Thanks. Appreciate the support. You are an amazing human being.

Tony

Staff member
Seems like it was all a misunderstanding. Looks like this has been resolved so I'll lock this.

Status
Not open for further replies.