Received 4 1-star ratings because another author accused me of stealing and cropping someone's else cover image

Status
Not open for further replies.

elgikia

Just posted this story today

Received 5 5-star ratings before I slept. Woke up to see 4 1-star ratings and wondered why. Look into comment section and saw some karen accused me of theft for a shutterstock image cover I bought.

Should I just delete and re-post the story? He didn't do it through a private message. He straight up accused me in the comment section where he knows other people can check it to 1 star rate me

Assurbanipal_II

Empress of the Four Corners of the World
Report your own story and tell it to Tony. :blob_evil_two:

He will look into it. especially when you say that you have evidence in the comment section.

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps
I don't know what cover you're talking about because there is no cover on that page. If you truly bought that image, then you can request for mods to intervene. Anyway, I don't think that there is evidence to suggest that the 1 star ratings were all because of that comment. It could be that there's suddenly like 10 people who read your story within a span of half an hour that seriously don't like your story. It happens.

We all like to get 4 or 5 stars, but if we're really that good, we'd probably have already gone pro.

elgikia

I don't know what cover you're talking about because there is no cover on that page. If you truly bought that image, then you can request for mods to intervene. Anyway, I don't think that there is evidence to suggest that the 1 star ratings were all because of that comment. It could be that there's suddenly like 10 people who read your story within a span of half an hour that seriously don't like your story. It happens.

We all like to get 4 or 5 stars, but if we're really that good, we'd probably have already gone pro.
All the 1 star ratings arrived after the comment was posted out of 12 ratings. I don't know why the cover disappeared but you can see it from the homepage.

Nanakawaichan

I saw your story yesterday and also think 'eh? Is that summoner journey's cover?'. Maybe some of them thinking you want to do plagiarism then give you 1*(only my guess). But if you bought the cover just report it to Tony.

Ace_Arriande

It was talked about in the Discord server, so I wouldn't be surprised if people who were watching the conversation hopped over to the story to 1-star it because it was being accused of having a stolen cover. I wouldn't be surprised if the comment caused one or two them as well. It looked exactly like a cropped version of another story on the site, and we were asked what to do if somebody believed their friend's story's cover was stolen, so we recommended to report it (before learning it was a stock image) if the person concerned was really that worried about it. I'll admit, even I thought it was potentially stolen since it looked lower quality and cropped at the exact point to remove the other person's title. But I also said there's a chance it's legit since it's a stock photo. Anyways, all that was recommended was to report it if the person was worried about theft. If anybody went and 1-starred it over unproven theft, that's pretty shitty. If you want to dispute it, just try to get into contact with Tony such as by reporting it like Assurb recommended and preferably include the proof that you posted in the comments.

D

Deleted member 29316

Well, my interest was piqued because of the issue, and I could say the story itself (premise) is good.

Alienix

Congrats ur cover is back. Man, I hope people stop assuming thing especially on internet.

And if there's a problem, better discuss it via private message (if they can). We dont want to invite bad blood as fellow authors

elgikia

2 people removed their 1-star ratings after I posted this topic. There are only 2 left im assuming its from these 2 authors and their mates on their discord. If they just private messaged me instead of bashing my character and assuming the worst of people. I'm going to change the cover soon. Some people are so nasty.
Screen_Shot_2020-07-03_at_7.38.11_AM.png
Screen_Shot_2020-07-03_at_7.41.54_AM.png

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
Are you the admin? is it the authors that accused me of stealing their covers that rated 1 star?
No, I'm not both, but your cover is back up, and some of the 1-star ratings are gone.

Any more drama will just result in a flamewar and bring overall negativity to both sides.

LostinMovement

Totally unrelated but what's the author discord server for SH? I would like to join.

elgikia

No, I'm not both, but your cover is back up, and some of the 1-star ratings are gone.

Any more drama will just result in a flamewar and bring overall negativity to both sides.
So it's better for me to shut up and receive revenge 1 star ratings for doing nothing to these people. It's not a big deal for you or anyone else. It's so easy to look at others' problems and consider it small and judge them for speaking out about it. You shut down their problems and tell them to stop witch hunting when there are admins that can see if the 1 star ratings are revenge ratings or not without the need to witch hunt.

This isn't drama. This is my writing hobby and I stop having fun when people revenge 1 star rating because they think im stealing their things. Maybe have some empathy and stop shutting down other's issues. Someone's issue might be small to others but that doesn't mean you can shit over it with 1 sentence and say they are resolved when it isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.