Recent Readers Question

ForestDweller

Does that include all readers or does it only include people who have added your story on their Reading List?

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
If you wanna look optimistic, there's a lot of readers that simply bookmark your story with their browsers. In other words, you might have half more or even twice the number of readers you may have rn. Not discounting the ones saved in a "maybe will read" lists, that is.

thedude3445

Wow, I never knew that. I guess that's why there are so many people on the Recent Readers list who have it on Chapter 1, because they have bookmarked the story to read later but haven't read it yet. That's a little bit more encouraging than I thought.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
Wow, I never knew that. I guess that's why there are so many people on the Recent Readers list who have it on Chapter 1, because they have bookmarked the story to read later but haven't read it yet. That's a little bit more encouraging than I thought.
It might also be the fact that they only bookmarked chapter 1 and forgot to move the bookmark, which heavily skews the number of people who HAVE read it and those WAITING to read it.

Yeah, the Readers count is only really good for estimation purposes rather than a straight-up accurate number

nightshade.valentine

Only people who have added your story to their reading list. If they remove it, then they are removed from the count.
I doubt so. I checked several readers "Reading list" and my novel does not show up on their list. Even though they are still counted as readers