Recommend me a book or an author that has the best writing style.

• Thread starter Deleted member 42060
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 42060

Or the writing style you want to emulate. Mine is Monogatari series, the official translation. Whoever translated that series is op. Then as for the author, Ken Follett. Because his writing style is overly simple and clean, almost a contrast to the Monogatari series.​

Kaze_Kozuha

Basically all of my favorite romantic comedy series. Ex: "Eromanga Sensei", "Oreimo", and "Are you willing to fall in love with a pervert, as long as she's cute".

I've read 1q84 recently and it had one of the smoothest 3rd person I'd seen. for 1st I'd say prince of thorns

GodlyKamui

Onee-san Smut Enjoyer
Rifujin Na Maganote (Author of Mushoku Tensei). I absolutely love his works! :blob_popcorn:

Kaze_Kozuha

Basically all of my favorite romantic comedy series. Ex: "Eromanga Sensei", "Oreimo", and "Are you willing to fall in love with a pervert, as long as she's cute".
I meant these are what I'm trying to emulate, but I also suggest reading them. Really good works. Also, a manga series called "Siscon Ani to Brocon Imouto ga". Yes, I like incest and stepsibling brother-sister romances. You can call me weird, but don't criticize my favorite works without reading them.

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps
Stephen King, particularly Christine. Ai-chan could grasp all the scenes so perfectly even before Ai-chan found out it had a movie.

As for writing style, probably Agatha Christie. Ai-chan didn't even know this at start, but Ai-chan was informed that Ai-chan's writing style is similar to Agatha Christie. Since Ai-chan's style is already close to Agatha Christie, it's much easier to get it closer to her style than to refuse it and start over with a style that Ai-chan can't intuitively grasp. She's also a very popular author, so Ai-chan doesn't feel like emulating her is a bad idea.

The beginnings of her works are strong on description, which gradually drop off as dialogue and interaction between characters take over. With shorter sentences and sharp dialogue, she hurries readers along to what's always a captivating conclusion. Agatha preferred to plot her crime stories from the murder itself.

Funny right? Other people in this thread wants to emulate Japanese light novel but as Japanese Ai-chan wants to emulate the authors of their country.

MissPaige36

✨Senior Forum Citizen✨
I meant these are what I'm trying to emulate, but I also suggest reading them. Really good works. Also, a manga series called "Siscon Ani to Brocon Imouto ga". Yes, I like incest and stepsibling brother-sister romances. You can call me weird, but don't criticize my favorite works without reading them.
I don’t need to read them to know their trash

Katsuya

For nice writing, I would say, Gayle forman.

She is... just god tier. 'If I stay' is a book by her, it's really well written and overall, good. also other books by her are good.

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...
Or the writing style you want to emulate. Mine is Monogatari series, the official translation. Whoever translated that series is op. Then as for the author, Ken Follett. Because his writing style is overly simple and clean, almost a contrast to the Monogatari series.​
it’s unironically Hitler

Southdog

Caustic, handle with caution
Neuromancer for when I write seriously/3rd person. Dresden Files for when I write comedic/1st person.

whitesculptor

The princess whispers & the keyboard clacks.
Book -> Prose in specific -> Mark Lawrence
Light novel -> Kagami Takaya

Carpio

As an American I vote Fitzgerald and Thomas Paine.

Ritz

If its writing style to emulate then I'd have to pick The Columbian Orator. Its a collection of political essays, poems, and dialogues collected and written by Caleb Bingham; and included speeches of George Washington, Benjamin Franklin, and some imagined speeches by historical figures such as Socrates and Cato. Its meant to be read allowed and if you're from the NA you might've heard of it. Either way its a gem that you can not not learn from.