Recommend me something good....

Alright, After finishing reading The divine hunter, a Witcher fanfic and reminiscing about Game of thrones...
Can anyone recommend me a grounded and a novel that does a theme right?
What I want, is an mc, that isn't that powerful but at least has a certain cheat or something to make things a little more convenient...
Also theres a bit of politics going on the background...
Something a bit like Lord of Mysteries...
Or the divine hunter, I don't know how to properly explain it... It's just I felt the writing of the Divine hunter is just so right for its theme.

Medieval settings, with a bit of politics with an mc who has a bit of a cheat but is not too powerful.
And what I mean by grounded is, at least there isn't characters that can destroy a mountain with a single hand or a single person that can take an entire kingdom.

My description is too vague I know, I've been looking for a novel these couple of hours and still nothing.

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
You could always check out my story, The Supernatural Case of the Accidental Time Traveler. It starts off in the late Victorian era during the Jack the Ripper murders with them eventually going to meet the knights of the round table in the past. MC isn't OP but does have some time-travel abilities and a knife. There's also a supernatural element that takes from various mythology and folktale monsters from all over the world.

BEETLESME

HellerFeed

*Sees a chance to self-promote*
Almost sound like the description of St Chaos Healer.
Mc was op once a time, but in his new life has only one good thing which is his previous memories intact.
So since birth, mc was mentally already a mature young man. Giving him the edge to be more prepared than ever.

TotallyHuman

The witch of speculation
Alright, After finishing reading The divine hunter, a Witcher fanfic and reminiscing about Game of thrones...
What I want, is an mc, that isn't that powerful but at least has a certain cheat or something to make things a little more convenient...
Or the divine hunter, I don't know how to properly explain it... It's just I felt the writing of the Divine hunter is just so right for its theme.

Medieval settings, with a bit of politics with an mc who has a bit of a cheat but is not too powerful.
And what I mean by grounded is, at least there isn't characters that can destroy a mountain with a single hand or a single person that can take an entire kingdom.

My description is too vague I know, I've been looking for a novel these couple of hours and still nothing.
almost what you want is an HP fanfiction again and again

Tsuru

From the top of my head, the novels i remember that got a not-so-op MC and high quality and not "fast-food writing style"

Mushoku Tensei (the grandpa isekai that started the popularization of the theme)
and
"Mother of learning" = english royalroad novel that was famous, the MC is stuck in a time-loop, problem he got very low talents as a mage and clearly know what caused the time-loop but cant solve it for a long time. At that time, near anyone would recommend this novel if people wanted a good english webnovel.

almost what you want is an HP fanfiction again and again
I want to try Hp fanfiction novels but my shallow knowledge of hp world prevents me though. Unless the story isn't set on the main protaganist time, Like the fantastic beasts, I'll probably read it.
From the top of my head, the novels i remember that got a not-so-op MC and high quality and not "fast-food writing style"

Mushoku Tensei (the grandpa isekai that started the popularization of the theme)
and
"Mother of learning" = english royalroad novel that was famous, the MC is stuck in a time-loop, problem he got very low talents as a mage and clearly know what caused the time-loop but cant solve it for a long time. At that time, near anyone would recommend this novel if people wanted a good english webnovel.
Mother of learning was great~
Tried the mushoku tensei in the past, didn't like it.

PeacefulMyst

In your heart~
I would recommend mine, but
This makes it invalid

so i guess... shadow slave?

TotallyHuman

The witch of speculation
I want to try Hp fanfiction novels but my shallow knowledge of hp world prevents me though. Unless the story isn't set on the main protaganist time, Like the fantastic beasts, I'll probably read it.
frankly, I have never read the books and barely watched the movies on the tv and I had no problems with this one

AuntieMaysLittleCousin

Level 73 Practical Procastinator

Well, mine is modern-age, but that aside, it fits your request perfectly.
I, Criminal Mastermind follows the life of Lawrence Lakewood, you regular part-time programmer, in a world of superheroes and villains controlled by a system. Lawrence is chosen a Villain and decides to follow the path of world domination because... Well, because he can?
I've tried my best to make a light novel with just the right amount of worldbuilding, stratagems and politics and mix it with the absurd comedy element and stupid puns. And MC has a convenient power, but it isn't something you would call 'strong', at least not in a battle.

So yeah, go ahead and give it a try

MrPuppeteer

This is 100% a self promotion. But try my web novel out. Its fantasy with a non human protaganist. Its a mistery what race he is. Its not any of the normal races. I am working on making sure that the economy and polatics reflect a magic society.

Fantasy races - Check
Non human MC - Check
A lot of mystery around the world and MC - Check

Attachments

• sad rev1.jpg
    sad rev1.jpg
    870 KB · Views: 26

proxybaba

you can try this
The world does not rotate around the MC completely; he has power with significant limitation that he has to cleverly exploit. It's still ongoing though

ElijahRyne

A Hermit that is NOT that Lazy…

Although there is no medieval setting, I believe this fits:
https://www.novelupdates.com/series/qingye-supernatural-office/?pg=1#myTable

JHY

The Book Of The New Sun by Gene Wolfe. It hits all the notes you listed, and is also one of the most atmospheric and uniquely written series out there.