Recommend RPGs!

Motsu

Game Lead Programmer x WebAppSoft
I won't have enough time to comply or play most of the games by then, but I want to make sure to have an idea of which game to finish and upload as content to my channel. But for now, I'll keep the ideas you guys will give me. As you surmised, I've finished countless games and presumably the great games out there so I am bored after finishing my lists and spent my life outside with my friends, training and having fun... Anyway, anything will do (RPG or JRPG, as long as it is a game worth playing. Note that, this isn't just a thread for me but for other players who want to play different RPGs!

Pique my interest, and I appreciate it if you will. (This is a thread of games I played, but it hasn't been updated: https://forum.scribblehub.com/threads/my-completed-games-list.5343/)

- Mono​

Last edited:

IDKWtWrite-San

Projecting 'Unreliable Narrator' Tag
Does Epic Battle Fantasy 5 counts on your list? It might be still on beta on play store if you're gonna play on mobile (though it sometimes crash).

Jailbreak571

Former CEO of Kamazon. Active lurker
Guardian tales, In my opinion, it has the greatest story and plot twist in RPG and gacha games on mobile. The 2nd anniversary of the game is tomorrow so you could say that this day would be a great start.

Last edited:

Motsu

Guardian tales, In my opinion, it has the greatest story and plot twist in RPG and gacha games on mobile. The 2nd anniversary of the game is tomorrow so you could say that this day would be a great start.
I don't think I am much of a gacha fan, to be honest, but I do play Guardian Tales. If you play in Asia 2, you can meet Synochrina there. The strongest Eugene user.

Does Epic Battle Fantasy 5 counts on your list? It might be still on beta on play store if you're gonna play on mobile (though it sometimes crash).
Mobile games, huh? Hmm... KEMCO games are the best, to be honest. Dunno if I'll play it but thanks I guess.

Zinless

How do I
The Trails series, if you haven't played them yet. Starting with Trails in The Sky (or TiTS for short) is recommended. But if you prefer more recent stuff, Trails of Cold Steel is a good starting point, just make sure to play the rest of the series first before you start Cold Steel 3.

Or you could play the Ys series, I recommend starting from Ys 8 (Each game has it's own story line like FF, you can start anywhere)

Motsu

The Trails series, if you haven't played them yet. Starting with Trails in The Sky (or TiTS for short) is recommended. But if you prefer more recent stuff, Trails of Cold Steel is a good starting point, just make sure to play the rest of the series first before you start Cold Steel 3.

Or you could play the Ys series, I recommend starting from Ys 8 (Each game has it's own story line like FF, you can start anywhere)
Unfortunately, I already played them all.

Here are some of the reviews I managed to write down:

Wait, uh... I seem to have not put a review down for YS IX? What?! Unbelievable.

Last edited:

Maldon

Labyrinth of touhou 2, it has the best gameplay of any rpg I've played, I like it quite a lot.
Ps2 NIS titles are also great, especially the first disgaea and La pucelle ragnarok.
The rance series if you don't mind eroge and mildly edgy stuff, the first few games are dungeon crawlers and are old, but from 5 and onwards all the games are quite unique, all of them are still rpgs though. If you only want to play one I reccomend sengoku rance, it's a great game.

Motsu

Labyrinth of touhou 2, it has the best gameplay of any rpg I've played, I like it quite a lot.
Ps2 NIS titles are also great, especially the first disgaea and La pucelle ragnarok.
The rance series if you don't mind eroge and mildly edgy stuff, the first few games are dungeon crawlers and are old, but from 5 and onwards all the games are quite unique, all of them are still rpgs though. If you only want to play one I reccomend sengoku rance, it's a great game.
Haha, true. The first Disgaea game had the best plot while the Rance series is phenomenal—I already played them last year and the newly released and translated Rance Quest was fun to play with (and also cultured as hell).

I had some reviews of them right here:

I never had any Disgaea reviews since I started playing long before I was here and I only did a few reviews for Rance. Overall, I enjoyed every Rance game, especially Evenicle and the spin-off Rance 5D. For the oldest games I played I had to emulate them but nevertheless, even if Rance II and III were buggy, the story they provided was still amazing. (Daiakuji also is amazing lmao)

Amok

grblbrbl
Planescape: Torment, Tyranny, Torment: Tides of Numenera, Unexplored 2: The Wayfarer's Legacy.

Motsu

Evil Islands: Curse of the Lost Soul.
Woah. The shader and PS2 graphic really take me back, and it reminds me of Battle Realms.

Planescape: Torment, Tyranny, Torment: Tides of Numenera, Unexplored 2: The Wayfarer's Legacy.
Some of them look like warcraft and starcraft. Never heard any of this, and don't feel interested to play them so far.

I appreciate the recommendations though.

SailusGebel

Jade Empire, Gothic series, Tale of Immortal, Iratus, Battle Brothers(with mod Legends), Legends of Grimrock, Lords of Xulima, Risen series, Sands of Salzaar, KOTOR, Titan Quest, FF15.

Sabruness

Cultured Yuri Connoisseur
*all recommendations are made based on your linked list so might recommend things you've played but arent on the list by accident.
since you played VC 2 and 3 (arguably the poor games in the series) i'd recommend the original Valkyria Chronicles as well as Valkyria Chronicles 4. Also, the spinoff Valkyria Revolution.

Blue Reflection: Second Light.

:blob_hmm_two: :blob_hmm_two: :blob_hmm_two: That's all i can think of at the moment.

Lisa the Painful
The World is Your Weapon
Polymorphous Perversity
Donald Fuck RPG
Eileen: Curse of Futanari Succubus
Earthbound Series
Monmusu Quest (the main game is a 3 part series, it's kind of visual novel + rpg)
Monmusu Quest: Paradox
Super Mario RPG
Breath of Fire IV
Tales of Maj'eyal

some of these can seem quite shitty or old but i do enjoy all of them.

Motsu

Lisa the Painful
The World is Your Weapon
Polymorphous Perversity
Donald Fuck RPG
Eileen: Curse of Futanari Succubus
Earthbound Series
Monmusu Quest (the main game is a 3 part series, it's kind of visual novel + rpg)
Monmusu Quest: Paradox
Super Mario RPG
Breath of Fire IV
Tales of Maj'eyal

some of these can seem quite shitty or old but i do enjoy all of them.
Damn... "Donald Fuck RPG".
*all recommendations are made based on your linked list so might recommend things you've played but arent on the list by accident.
since you played VC 2 and 3 (arguably the poor games in the series) i'd recommend the original Valkyria Chronicles as well as Valkyria Chronicles 4. Also, the spinoff Valkyria Revolution.

Blue Reflection: Second Light.

:blob_hmm_two: :blob_hmm_two: :blob_hmm_two: That's all i can think of at the moment.
Sheesh, poor games, couldn't have said it better myself. But I truly like 3 because it was hardcore (not a masochist). I did play VC 1, but I haven't done 4 yet. Also, VR is the worst spin-off.
Sengoku Rance
Finished it. Have you played Brutal King Rance though? It is old but crueler.

Zinless

How do I
Here's some of my recommendations! I've seen your "MY COMPLETED GAMES LIST" thread and realized that we have similar taste in games. So I'll recommend games that I like to you (That I didn't see in your list at least)
Most of these are niche titles though.

SMT : Devil Survivor Overclocked :
The game that brought me into the SRPG genre in the first place! The gameplay includes your SMT classics of "Fusions" "Press Turn System" just in SRPG form. The OSTs are great as expected of SMT. The story and characters are top notch too! (The sequel is great too, but I prefer the first game)

Valkyrie Profile Covenant of The Plume :
I really liked this one, it's a spin-off of the Valkyrie Profile series where the main antagonist is the protagonist of the main game. The game can be edgy at times, but it's a great game nonetheless. (Play Valkyrie Profile too if you haven't, though I doubt you haven't played it)

Langrisser 1/2 (Remake) :
The game has multiple routes you can take. You can betray your main group for example and join the opposing kingdom, and then betray that kingdom to join the ********** and then betray the ********** and ***************.... Just play it, it's great!

Growlanser Series :
It's more of a RTS than SRPG really. You can have endings with almost all of the side characters, and you can romance almost all of the female characters! There's so many characters that has their own ending in the game, it feels as if the game was meant to be an Eroge or something. I recommend it! The battle system might be hard to get used to though, but you'll get the hang of it eventually... I hope...

Atelier Escha and Logy :
I liked this one over other Atelier games for some reason. Maybe it's the overall art style? Maybe you'll like it too? The game focuses more on combat than the other Atelier games I believe, the only gripe I have with this game is that you need to play it twice to get the true ending. But a few other Atelier games have that too so...

Etrian Odyssey Series :
It's a dungeon crawler that doesn't really focus on story, rather on gameplay instead. I usually have a hard time getting into dungeon crawlers, but this series just hooked me in instantly (Mainly due to it's art style). If you want story though, there's "Entrian Odyssey Untold : Millennium Girl" which has an option to play the game with set party members with their own characterization (Story Mode) or make your own team of freaks (Classic Mode). There's even some exclusive boss fights for the story mode!

Ar Tonelico Series :
I love Ar Tonelico, mainly due to it's OSTs. The characters are charming and the gameplay is fun! The story revolves around maidens who uses their voice as magic, they even have a made up language for the lyrics! You can romance the main heroines too if you're wondering.

Tales of Series :
I never really get into the earlier Tales of games. But I did enjoy Berseria/Zestiria. I also loved Abyss and Destiny, though I wished Abyss can be more forgiving with the missables. The earlier games usually have shonen like stories, so be mindful of that if you plan on getting into it.

Star Ocean Series :
This is basically Tales of but sci-fi. There's more to it than that though, the game wins with it's character interactions (Private Action feature). The characters themselves... Eh? I enjoyed them, but a lot of people say that they hate some of them. Either way, SO2 (my favorite) has one of the most steep difficulty spikes towards the end. You might enjoy the challenge though!

These are games that are rough, outright bad even. But I still enjoy them to some degree.

The Caligula Effect Series :
The first game in the series is TEDIOUS. AS. FUCK. ESPECIALLY THOSE DUNGEONS, FK THAT SHI-. Anyways, the characters felt cliche and the story beats feels out of place and happens way too fast sometimes. I only enjoyed the game due to it's OST. The second game is better on every regard, but people say that the OST can be debatable. I enjoyed the OST personally, but you might not. THE DUNGEONS STILL SUCKS THOUGH

SAO Fatal Bullet :
The gameplay is FIRE! The story... Is decent enough whenever Kirito is not involved... Sadly, he's involved 80% of the time. Even deus ex machina'ed us out of danger with the power of friendship at the endgame...
I want to recommend it due to it's awesome gameplay... But the story... The characters... Eugh... Just eugh...

Might add more down the line, but these are the ones that I can think of on top of my head.

CarburetorThompson

Fuel Atomization Enjoyer
RPG-7 is a must! One of the all time classics.
1CE51B77-9B67-46F8-900C-CB884E6170FD.jpg