Recommendations?

Duchess

Your own or someone else's, don't matter. You can leave out anything thats overly gory, has rape that's more than mentioned, underaged sex, incest of any kind, and the typical OP main character.

I'd like to read something good while I decide to publish my own stuff or not.

javert

I'd love it if you checked out my story, In the Shadow of Heaven, which I think is pretty good :) I'm in the process of cross posting it to here from royalroad, so there are (many) more chapters there than what is currently available here

Just a warning, there are some parts that involve injury and medical procedures, but I don't think I'm descriptive enough to qualify as overly gory.

Kotohood

Noob Author
Shamelessly plugging my story.

Dead men talking. It's a Oneshot so it won't take long for you to read it. This is one that I'm pretty proud of. However, it is quite grim in tone.

Then there is also my other work in my signature. Providence of Wisdom, But I don't think you will like it as the 1 of the two main protagonists is pretty OP. Though I would appreciate it if you would give it a read.

Last edited:

Duchess

I'd love it if you checked out my story, In the Shadow of Heaven, which I think is pretty good :) I'm in the process of cross posting it to here from royalroad, so there are (many) more chapters there than what is currently available here

Just a warning, there are some parts that involve injury and medical procedures, but I don't think I'm descriptive enough to qualify as overly gory.

Will check it out! Thank you. :)

Myrane66

I have no shame, therefore I'll advertise my kink story. I Reincarnated as a Busty Elf Girl, Now I’m Made a Toy by Futanari Dark Elves

The story features a masochistic MC that died and got a chance for a reincarnation. MC was given a choice to reincarnate into a cute girl that will be used by a group futanaris to satisfy their sexual desires. In order to collect materials for her erotic novel, the goddess that reincarnated MC wants the MC to play the part of an unwilling victim. Surprisingly, MC acts it out pretty well that her captors believe that they're totally forcing themselves on her. Little did they know, they're bringing a wolf in a sheep's clothing.

Last edited:

Duchess

Shamelessly plugging my story.

Dead men talking. It's a Oneshot so it won't take long for you to read it. This is one that I'm pretty proud of. However, it is quite grim in tone.

Then there is also my other work in my signature. Providence of Wisdom, But I don't think you will like it as the 1 of the two main protagonists is pretty OP. Though I would appreciate it if you would give it a read.

I will. :) I don't mind OP; it's the OP character that is also Perfect that I can't stand. I guess I should probably have elaborated. The character who can do no wrong, is always right, everybody likes and /or wants to be with them and they're so OP they win a battle against 100 opponents all alone and without any injuries. That's what I don't want to read. But if they're OP, yet still Human (and I don't mean that technically) I'm okay with that. I'd be hypocrite, otherwise. Lol

jmitsitsiyo

I would like to recommend my story but I dunno how to insert or plug a link on the comments

Kotohood

Noob Author
I will. :) I don't mind OP; it's the OP character that is also Perfect that I can't stand. I guess I should probably have elaborated. The character who can do no wrong, is always right, everybody likes and /or wants to be with them and they're so OP they win a battle against 100 opponents all alone and without any injuries. That's what I don't want to read. But if they're OP, yet still Human (and I don't mean that technically) I'm okay with that. I'd be hypocrite, otherwise. Lol
Ahhh, then you are safe, cause the only thing the character can do out of all that is the winning alone against 100 opponents part. But, the MC is still human inside, I can assure you that.

Duchess

Ahhh, then you are safe, cause the only thing the character can do out of all that is the winning alone against 100 opponents part. But, the MC is still human inside, I can assure you that.
I would like to recommend my story but I dunno how to insert or plug a link on the comments

Lol! I'm still new to this site so I haven't figured all that out. I went to your profile, but I didn't see any link to a story. Sorry.

Duchess

Is it like godly? I mean I can take the OP ability to kill hundreds with one move (it's in plenty of anime) but, is it like something the MC can keep doing or is there a down time? Never mind, I'll just go read and we'll go from there. Lol

mrmitch246

You could check out my story, The Legend of the Fake Hero. The MC is, what I call, an OP Growth character. He learns really fast and is more powerful than most(if not all) at a similar level, but a running theme through the series is a single person's strength is limited. One of the aspects of him being a 'Fake Hero' is that he rarely (if ever) saves the day with his strength alone(if the day is saved at all). I also tried to create 'realistic' (especially emotionally, and him remaining 'human' (in almost every aspect) is a plot point) and 'competent' characters that exist in a world(s) that don't revolve around them.
I was in a similar position to you before I started posting. I had been writing my story for 2-3 years privately before I even considered posting (as it was intended private only as my first attempt at writing outside of school papers). I'm an avid reader of Eastern lit (JP, CN, KR), but I got frustrated at one point. Overused tropes (unless executed well or with a new twist), straight-up stealing (CN oc), pathetic or overly competent (everything goes their way) MCs, (the list goes on), prompted me to write my own story; one I would want to read.
My advice is, if you can take (nonconstructive) criticism in stride, I don't see a reason why not. In my case, I have more praise and constructive criticism so it doesn't bother me too much. In fact, thanks to reader input I've been able to improve my story, which I wouldn't have done otherwise, which makes me happy. Overall, in my case, I'm happy I decided to publish.

Duchess

You could check out my story, The Legend of the Fake Hero. The MC is, what I call, an OP Growth character. He learns really fast and is more powerful than most(if not all) at a similar level, but a running theme through the series is a single person's strength is limited. One of the aspects of him being a 'Fake Hero' is that he rarely (if ever) saves the day with his strength alone(if the day is saved at all). I also tried to create 'realistic' (especially emotionally, and him remaining 'human' (in almost every aspect) is a plot point) and 'competent' characters that exist in a world(s) that don't revolve around them.
I was in a similar position to you before I started posting. I had been writing my story for 2-3 years privately before I even considered posting (as it was intended private only as my first attempt at writing outside of school papers). I'm an avid reader of Eastern lit (JP, CN, KR), but I got frustrated at one point. Overused tropes (unless executed well or with a new twist), straight-up stealing (CN oc), pathetic or overly competent (everything goes their way) MCs, (the list goes on), prompted me to write my own story; one I would want to read.
My advice is, if you can take (nonconstructive) criticism in stride, I don't see a reason why not. In my case, I have more praise and constructive criticism so it doesn't bother me too much. In fact, thanks to reader input I've been able to improve my story, which I wouldn't have done otherwise, which makes me happy. Overall, in my case, I'm happy I decided to publish.

Thank you for the advice and you are quite right. 😁 And I will definitely check out your story as I am an avid reader of all those you mentioned and share in the same frustrations. Lol

Elateam

Fish and Chips Salesperson
I'll leave my story here because most of the stuff you don't want to see isn't in my book. I also agree that OP MCs tend to ruin the story if there isn't a twist like a theme of human vs. non-human that's mentioned somewhere above. In my story I've written it so that people generally know that I wouldn't be afraid to kill off certain characters and that the MC isn't some monster who can take on an army without almost dying in the process. My story does have gore; however, I use that gore only in battles and special other circumstances having to do with the development of themes and exposition (though that's like half of the chapters I put up already and I've only got 9 😅 I swear the next few won't be bloody at all). https://www.scribblehub.com/series/34969/a-tale-from-azad/

Scribbler

Does anyone else think it's really biased when someone recommends their own work?

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
Does anyone else think it's really biased when someone recommends their own work?
If it hits the conditions of the requester, why not? Sadly, my story is never what people are searching for, nor have I a good recommendation :blob_neutral:

Scribbler

If it hits the conditions of the requester, why not? Sadly, my story is never what people are searching for, nor have I a good recommendation :blob_neutral:
I don't know. I just can't trust that something is good if the author themself is recommending it. I mean, of course they'll think it's good.

mossplains

I have no idea if my story is good or not, but this is what a reader wrote to me in a comment:
easy to read, not so complicated plot with a lot of hole..
Its refreshing with so many novel with 'second-chance' tag, dumb plot, dumb MC, dumb other characters, 2d Harem girls, etc..
So yeah i appreciate ur enjoyable work

Its tagged school life, sports, romance and smut. Despite the fact that the story revolves around the use of a glory hole it actually spends very little time on the sex. In fact, even in the chapters that include it it's only around 5% of the text.

Draculus-del-Viafat

Uh... Hi there) I'm just gonna leave this banner here. If you have time and inspiration, please check out Masquerade of Souls) Thanks in advance) ⬇