Regarding Biographies

CarburetorThompson

Fuel Atomization Enjoyer
Now I used the search feature to try and answer this question before posting this like the good little gold star boy scout forum user I am but still didn't come up with anything. I have several stories from family members and people I know that I've recorded. All people who've lived much more interesting lives than I have that I wanted to actually sit down and put some detail into at some point. Looking through the forums I couldn't find a solid consensus on nonfiction besides 'don't post blogs' and I didn't see anything in the content guidelines or the faq.

I know Wattpad has a nonfiction tag, but it seems like it's just full of lists, and people who should've used the historical tag. Also, I just like this site's ui better. Don't get me wrong these are still stories, not my collection of essays about the state of the airline industry.

Southdog

Caustic, handle with caution
I think it would be very interesting, but if you take a slice of most stories on this site, you're not going to have much of an audience. Scribblehub's demographics are interested in fantastical escapism, less stories about the world they already live in. That's just an unfortunate fact of the website

CarburetorThompson

Fuel Atomization Enjoyer
I think it would be very interesting, but if you take a slice of most stories on this site, you're not going to have much of an audience. Scribblehub's demographics are interested in fantastical escapism, less stories about the world they already live in. That's just an unfortunate fact of the website
Doesn't matter to me. Once I have them written down, I can do whatever with them. This would be more something to do for myself than something I need to share with the world. If people enjoy them that's great, but it would really be for be posterity's sake.

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...
Doesn't matter to me. Once I have them written down, I can do whatever with them. This would be more something to do for myself than something I need to share with the world. If people enjoy them that's great, but it would really be for be posterity's sake.
We will be rooting for you king!

Attachments

• 8748_gigachad.png
    8748_gigachad.png
    17.8 KB · Views: 54

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Now I used the search feature to try and answer this question before posting this like the good little gold star boy scout forum user I am but still didn't come up with anything. I have several stories from family members and people I know that I've recorded. All people who've lived much more interesting lives than I have that I wanted to actually sit down and put some detail into at some point. Looking through the forums I couldn't find a solid consensus on nonfiction besides 'don't post blogs' and I didn't see anything in the content guidelines or the faq.

I know Wattpad has a nonfiction tag, but it seems like it's just full of lists, and people who should've used the historical tag. Also, I just like this site's ui better. Don't get me wrong these are still stories, not my collection of essays about the state of the airline industry.
I believe you're allowed to post them, but the site doesn't have any dedicated tags for biographies as it is supposed to be a site for fiction.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Tony won't let that sort of thing appear in search results anymore. He removed my Lewd Poems collection from search results, but you can still enjoy it by clicking on the link.

CarburetorThompson

Fuel Atomization Enjoyer
I talked to my father about recording some of his stories and he brought up something I had long since forgotten about. Before his death my great grandfather wrote a book that was a very thinly veiled auto biography (In the same vein as From the City, From the Plough) with minor tweaks to make it more exciting that had moved it into the category of fiction. I could also do the same, I know for a fact that it would be more enjoyable to write something like that.

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps
There is no rule against posting biographies. As long as they're not blogs, you are allowed to post them. But do understand that the audience here is not 'that kind' of people. So you might get clueless people who say, "Meh, this is boring." or "When will your grandpa get super powers?" Or maybe just trolls who give you 1 rating just because they don't like biographies. People like that exist.

D

Deleted member 57675

I prefer medium rare.

On a serious note, I don’t understand what is being asked.
What I meant is Medium, the blogging site. Awhile ago I compared which writing sites to use - RoyalRoad, Wattpad, ScribbleHub, Medium, etc. I've heard Medium is more geared towards nonfiction though what I know may be outdated; I researched what sites to write/post on in 2021. Wondering if you have chanced upon it before you decide to do biographies on ScribbleHub. ScribbleHub is more into fantasy isekai/litrpg and while there is a biography tag here, of the 21 stories with biography tag, only one or maybe even two really sounds like a nonfiction biography- the rest are fantasy and hardly resemble a biography from their synopses.

Here it is: https://medium.com/
Considering that all human perception is inherently based on conceptualization and abstraction, the answer is "not very" in any case
Not sure are we on same page. Are we talking about Medium, the site? Guess my wording initially was confusing. Sorry bout that.

Last edited by a moderator:

SuperHeiyan

What point to post biographies on SH? Most people 8nteresten in such stuff are actual researchers. Isn't there sites for memoirs specifically?