Writing Prompt Reincarnated as a Necron (40k)

Braidborn

Not sure how this would work, especially given it's an IP, but there are basically two routes I can see, Either they get reincarnated as a Lord (or Overlord) and lead an army in battle as if nothing is wrong, or they get reincarnated as a Warrior/Deathmark/Immortal (one of the troops I am not gonna list em all) and tries to hide the fact he isn't a normal almost braindead puppet under their control

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
I bet most won't even know what a Necron is. You might want to specify that it's from Warhammer 40k.

Braidborn

I bet most won't even know what a Necron is. You might want to specify that it's from Warhammer 40k.
That's a good point, Tbh I didn't even think of that, However... This kinda story would basically require you to either research the topic beforehand or be a fan of the IP and the Necrons to begin with, which would mean you would know they were,

Of course, there is always the possibility that an author who doesn't know what they are would make up a race of aliens called the Necrons, but the fact of the matter is a simple google search would tell you pretty quick...

Kaguro

That's a good point, Tbh I didn't even think of that, However... This kinda story would basically require you to either research the topic beforehand or be a fan of the IP and the Necrons to begin with, which would mean you would know they were

I think it's fine for forum discussion... but for the actual story itself, if you are planning to write one, there should be enough descriptive writing to let readers know what kind of creatures they are. Even if they are fans of the series already that kind of scene, background, and character description is what readers like to see.

Just from googling they look pretty cool, so I don't see why you can't make a story about them. I take it they are like hivemind zombies or something, so you could set up an introduction with hiding among them and trying to blend in. Introduce conflict and escape, living in exile or something mixed with the MC trying to get along with other races that distrust him just because of his Necron race. End that with some lead up to a renewed conflict with the Necrons, confronting the enemy he ran away from.

There's a million ways you could go with that, and you never really have to stick 100% to inspiration.

Braidborn

Kaguro Necrons, are basically aliens who were flesh and blood at one point and lived on a planet with a toxic sun, so they were as a species short-lived and sick, and as a result, they were obsessed with discovering Immortality. and long story short they discovered a form of immortality ... they became robots made out of self-repairing metal (living metal) and are basically indestructible. They conquered about half the galaxy and after a huge war went into stasis, now in the present timeline of the 40k universe they are starting to wake back up. Only the Lords and Overlords (the leaders) survived the process with their minds relatively intact and went through the Robotization process willingly, then had their soldiers (who also went through the robotization process) round up the regular people and forced them into the machines, (they are very similar to Dr. Who Cybermen and I would be willing to bet heavily inspired by them, however, they don't Assimilate random people (like humans and other aliens) they just murder them with ancient yet hyper-advanced tech almost indistinguishable from magic... as an example their Snipers/Assassins The Deathmarks, use interdimensional phase shifters to be able to get close to their targets...

Samuel_Spader

I like the route of being reincarnated as a Necron Lord.

It's like the 'Overlord' series, but you command an entire roster of Necron warriors, immortals, scarabs, etc. and quite possibly an entire planet.

You could make it like the 'Overlord' series, where you get reincarnated as a Necron Lord, but your entire army of Necrons were all also transmigrated into a random world far away from the WH40k universe.

Thing is, other than Necron lords and pariahs (I think), none other can speak human (as far as I'm concerned).

Maybe you can have the goal of merging different races like in 'Overlord', or just simply destroy everything and Terraform the entire world as a Necron world. Then, you became the Necron Lord of [Whatever the world name is].

DocB

Not sure how this would work, especially given it's an IP, but there are basically two routes I can see, Either they get reincarnated as a Lord (or Overlord) and lead an army in battle as if nothing is wrong, or they get reincarnated as a Warrior/Deathmark/Immortal (one of the troops I am not gonna list em all) and tries to hide the fact he isn't a normal almost braindead puppet under their control

296-618x789.jpg

Watchman

Maybe you can pull an abridged series thing and make It a joke about a sleepy spooky space skeleton writing in his diary about how he just wants some peace and quiet for 5 god damn minutes or a skeleton god wonder where he went wrong in making these mini metal skeleton robots and how he ended up at this point