Reincarnated as (Insert Object Here)

LifeContinuesOn

What are some objects that would be interesting to reincarnate as? Give some suggestions and overall have fun thinking about it.

LifeContinuesOn

This prompt was thought up at the same time as I decided to write a "vending machine in another world story"

UYScuti

Helium Fuser
As a mop. Decided to write that story.

For other’s maybe, a keyboard. An oven burner. A box of cereal. A leather cup. A salt shaker.

minacia

perpetually sour
A blanket, pillow, plushie.... scarf? A holy raiment?

Jessie_Emilyn

I never really considered writing about reincarnation into objects but I think the best kind of objects would be ones that are always carried, a sword is kind of easy in a fantasy setting but try exploring other vital items, not just equipment but something more. Maybe something that has value to a character, maybe a locket with a picture of the person they use to be given to their romantic partner with the ability to change the picture slightly to influence the person they care about., make it seem to help them up, show when they would disapprove and such.

Honestly I think the trend of an item is very overdone but people come up with all sorts of crazy ideas, maybe a building or something could work with how they can manipulate things to help find hidden items or make them go missing, make people confused with the room layout to force people together or to make them keep avoiding each other to avoid conflicts. I think the best options really are something you can find a reason to make interesting without being shallow. One you can make have a meaningful story with.

Then again another option could be quite different. Taking items that are used a single time then destroyed, going through lives almost daily or even faster and always just being around the same person. How each minor action can shape into something bigger, maybe resulting in completely changing the direction of another person ...

Anyway thats all I got for now. Just a spur of the moment thing.

Piisfun

Playful Spacetime Dragon
An anthropomorphic can of soda.

A statue of a mythological creature (dragon, Egyptian sphinx, etc...)

Considering how annoyingly large the "(im)mature" group is around here, I am surprised that no one has done underwear.

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
Weird, I did not read anything.like reincarnate as Mogo the Living Planet.

I understand why most of the times the "____" is a common item so that the author can give it growth, but at the same time, you have a vending machine, so why not a car/ tank, I was going to say aircraft carrier (Kancolle) and Spaceship (yup, there is a work in SH).