Releasing New Chapters Makes Me Feel Weird Now

Unregistered

You know what really grinds my gears about releasing a new chapter to a story? Well, nothing really.

I have noticed, however, that I do get this nerve-wracking feeling that people are going to leave comments and reviews. In the beginning stages it was, "I'm gonna release a chapter. Maybe even two! It's a new novel and I'm not known by anyone." (I'm still not known by anyone really...)

But now it's like, "Oh crap, both my good and bad reviewers are going to be looking for the most minute details in this chapter. Whether its to praise or criticize, why am I really being meticulous about what I write now?"

Of course this isn't a complaint. I love that feeling! Motivates me not just to write to but write intricately with more precision. Now if you guys were to do that in the forums to me, my safe haven, we're gonna have a problem. Just kidding. Lol. Does anyone else get that aforementioned nerve-wracking feeling?

image_2022-09-21_145651205.png

Southdog

Caustic, handle with caution
Schedule your chapters months in advance so when the comments roll in you can have a pleasant sense of surprise

SailusGebel

Does anyone else get that aforementioned nerve-wracking feeling?
I'm in a prolonged hiatus, but when I was still writing and releasing chapters, I didn't get such a feeling.
Oh crap, both my good and bad reviewers are going to be looking for the most minute details in this chapter.
They won't. And this is one of the reasons why I didn't feel pressured.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
You know what really grinds my gears about releasing a new chapter to a story? Well, nothing really.

I have noticed, however, that I do get this nerve-wracking feeling that people are going to leave comments and reviews. In the beginning stages it was, "I'm gonna release a chapter. Maybe even two! It's a new novel and I'm not known by anyone." (I'm still not known by anyone really...)

But now it's like, "Oh crap, both my good and bad reviewers are going to be looking for the most minute details in this chapter. Whether its to praise or criticize, why am I really being meticulous about what I write now?"

Of course this isn't a complaint. I love that feeling! Motivates me not just to write to but write intricately with more precision. Now if you guys were to do that in the forums to me, my safe haven, we're gonna have a problem. Just kidding. Lol. Does anyone else get that aforementioned nerve-wracking feeling?

people either love or hate my stories. And i mean REALLY Love or Hate. So the ones who hate it, leave rather inventive reviews and I've learned to just not give a fuck about them. Reviews mean nothing anymore. The haters are just mad they have not even a thousandth of my skill.

They cry themselves to sleep knowing their women touch themselves to thoughts of me. When they fuck their wives, they know the women are thinking of my cock inside them instead.

And that's why they're so spiteful. I accept that. i understand their hatred.

How can they not hate, when faced with someone who is so overwhelmingly more talented, charming and large of cock than they?

RavenRunes

Filth Wizard
No cos I got two readers and the day they bitch-slap me about something I wrote is the day I give up and kill myself with my own pen. If I can find it. If not, I'll use a pencil. So far so good though. I will continue to be here to make someone's life hell.

Shard

Keeper of Fluffy Tails
After nearly 80k words, I still feel like an impostor and that everything will fall apart any instant. So somewhat similar. Most of the comments have been pretty nice, however, which does help. Unfortunately, my brain hates me, so I still think I suck at writing even if others disagree.

Unregistered

Schedule your chapters months in advance so when the comments roll in you can have a pleasant sense of surprise
This is a great idea! :blob_ninja:

I'm in a prolonged hiatus, but when I was still writing and releasing chapters, I didn't get such a feeling.
Oh, Swami! Bring back the novel! :blob_whistle:

They cry themselves to sleep knowing their women touch themselves to thoughts of me.
I'm sorry but this might be the best quote I get on this thread :sweating_profusely:

Unfortunately, my brain hates me, so I still think I suck at writing even if others disagree.
Not gonna lie, I'd be one of those people to disagree. Looks like your writing pretty unique like all the others :blobtaco:

Fox-Trot-9

Foxy, the fluffy butt-stabber!
Yeah, that happens, but it fades away soon afterwards. It's not really something to get too worked up over. No pressure, just get it done. That's how I handle it. Same thing with going back and editing/revising stuff.

WingsOfPhantasy

Tomboy Agenda Symphathizer
people either love or hate my stories. And i mean REALLY Love or Hate. So the ones who hate it, leave rather inventive reviews and I've learned to just not give a fuck about them. Reviews mean nothing anymore. The haters are just mad they have not even a thousandth of my skill.

They cry themselves to sleep knowing their women touch themselves to thoughts of me. When they fuck their wives, they know the women are thinking of my cock inside them instead.

And that's why they're so spiteful. I accept that. i understand their hatred.

How can they not hate, when faced with someone who is so overwhelmingly more talented, charming and large of cock than they?
Such bold words...
So what are you, some kinda 'Pervert Supreme'?

Unregistered

Yeah, that happens, but it fades away soon afterwards. It's not really something to get too worked up over. No pressure, just get it done. That's how I handle it. Same thing with going back and editing/revising stuff.
Veteran Fox-Trot back at it again! I actually agree with this :blobspearpeek:

God_Of_Wolves

When I release a chapter for my fanfics I get excited for the comments. It is my little reward most of the time.

Auratic

I understand that feeling, every time I see that red notification on the bell a primeval fear washes over me. While I dread it, it is something that I feel responsible to see what it is and address any issues.

Twin

If you don't want criticism or are anxious about it, learn to not look at the comments

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Time to get back into it! P.S. I so much love looking at your signature still :blobtaco:
Thanky! I may have to wait until my kid starts school for that. I have some other projects I need to finish as well, and it's a struggle to even get those done while chasing around the kid all day.

Unregistered

Thanky! I may have to wait until my kid starts school for that. I have some other projects I need to finish as well, and it's a struggle to even get those done while chasing around the kid all day.
Life of an author AND parent! Pretty great combination. Lol