Rename "Trending" to "Popular"

Reisinling

Trending page is not really trending, it's just popular novels that got latest chapter released with caveats (that is, if you release chapter every day it will only show once/twice a week). Well, not always, but in like 80% of cases (see Demons life of wonder - great story but it's on the trending page nearly constantly)

Or you could try creating separate "tiers" for trending? like 1 tier for novels between 1-100 readers, then 100- 1000, then the last one, which would be just most recent relapses of the most popular series.

Kaguro

People overrate trending anyways, it's only good for the amount of time you're on it. It was much more lucrative before because certain novels would sit up there for months at a time. Now it's just a little something extra that's nice if you get it.

Legi0n

Silly question:
Doesn't being popular means you are trending? It's more or less same concept. Related to the proposed name change, not the system.

Still, think that a change in the system may (or might?) be positive.

Reisinling

People overrate trending anyways, it's only good for the amount of time you're on it. It was much more lucrative before because certain novels would sit up there for months at a time. Now it's just a little something extra that's nice if you get it.
Look at stats for rat in the dungeon - https://www.scribblehub.com/series/137648/rat-in-the-dungeon/stats/
I'm pretty sure we can guess when it went on trending for the first time. The result was permanent 5x increase in chapter views, and most likely readers, which in turn moves you up in tag rankings, and most likely permanent increase in daily new readers etc. etc.

Ofc. every novel has a ceiling you are unlikely to jump over, but still

Reisinling

Silly question:
Doesn't being popular means you are trending? It's more or less same concept. Related to the proposed name change, not the system.

Still, think that a change in the system may (or might?) be positive.
Trending things are popular, but they also have to be newly popular (from definition of trend: change or develop in a general direction ).
Pizza - popular, not trending
Kale- popular and trending (well , few years ago, with korona and restaurants being closed no idea what is and isn't trending)

WasatchWind

Writer, musician, creator of worlds
Basically, if you get into trending, you get more exposure, which means your story's popularity has a decent chance of getting a huge increase... Which is pretty great if you have a patreon or whatever.
My thing is I just want feedback on my work so I can get better. I'm not really in it money wise right now, as running a patreon feels a bit stressful.

I just want people to dagum say something. I get readers, but they never say a word.

D

Deleted member 45782

I think trending is still good to keep because of the potential that it can one day have popular and new latest "trending" stories.

Trending can be popular but trend can sort of also be something that's like kinda recent and new as well.

CadmarLegend

@Agentt found a key in the skeletons.
Trending page is not really trending, it's just popular novels that got latest chapter released with caveats (that is, if you release chapter every day it will only show once/twice a week). Well, not always, but in like 80% of cases (see Demons life of wonder - great story but it's on the trending page nearly constantly)

Or you could try creating separate "tiers" for trending? like 1 tier for novels between 1-100 readers, then 100- 1000, then the last one, which would be just most recent relapses of the most popular series.
It really isn't needed....

Reisinling

Well, ladies and gentleman, now that I got to #1 in trending,
1. this post is awkward
2. I now obviously believe everything is fine and dandy, and nothing should EVER be changed. (unless I don't get on trending again that is)

PunishedKom

meanwhile I spent more money on advertising and still haven't been in top 10 lmao, jesus this system is so unfair to anyone who updates daily. like c'mon, I average more views a day than most series on the number one spot, I deserve it at least like once a fucking week or something /s

Reisinling

meanwhile I spent more money on advertising and still haven't been in top 10 lmao, jesus this system is so unfair to anyone who updates daily. like c'mon, I average more views a day than most series on the number one spot, I deserve it at least like once a fucking week or something /s
Man, here is a free trial of my new course, how to get on trending (699$ + shipping, preorder now with promocode SSSCAM) - just tell your readers you are going to not update for 3 days, and then drop all those chapters on one day. I don't think most people will be annoyed

UnratedX

grats and fuck you now everyone and their dog is going to spam "x readers and y views celebration :D" chapters like you to get on trending :D

that shit can go in ANY EOC author's note and not spam the front page. and grats :D

Reisinling

grats and fuck you now everyone and their dog is going to spam "x readers and y views celebration :D" chapters like you to get on trending :D

that shit can go in ANY EOC author's note and not spam the front page. and grats :D
"Spam" - I had 4 unless I'm miscounting per 50 chapters - 100 readers, 10 000 views (well it was 11 1111, because I was asleep), 20 000 views ( also 200 readers at the same time), and 30 000 views. Also 2 of those had hand crafted animations to go with them! More work than most chapters :D

ForestDweller

Trending is kinda fucked. I spent a good deal of money on advertising earlier this month, got 13k views for two days straight I think and didnt get into the top 10 lol

not that I spent it specifically to get on trending, just fucking weird to me

Shit, how do you buy your advertising space? I want to know. 🙏

PunishedKom

Shit, how do you buy your advertising space? I want to know. 🙏
Because of my series's 18+ nature, I use an adult ad network called Exoclick. I set it up to broadcast on a bunch of popular hentai sites and boom. Exoclick does have lots of non adult places you can advertise too though, like manga-reading sites. They have a whole category for that you can click if you want to appeal to that specific audience. I get good results from Exoclick (aside from the way the trending algorhythm fucks over people like me who upload every day) but the main problem I have with the network is they force you to deposit at least $200 to start a campaign. So I can't like pour 10 or 50 every now and then like I would prefer.

It's all very easy to learn, though, and you can set it to spend a min of $20 a day and in my experience that gets me like, at least 1,000 clicks a day. Since this isn't my own site I can't exactly track the metrics of if those people who get taken to my front page go on to read it, but even if only 100 of those people end up reading most of my story, that's still 100 people times 150 chapters at the moment lmao

Regardless of whether I end up on trending or not over it, the boost to my views is huge which frankly is all I care about right now, as getting higher on this site's rankings will lead to natural increase of readers as it is. Plus, I'm certain that the money I spend is helping this site as a whole, too, as again even if only 10 of those 1000 clicks a day goes on to read more stories on the platform other than my own, that's good too lol