Request for fonts.

Christopher

Hello, by any chance, could the authors or readers change the font they type/read in. Also serif fonts, especially Garamond etc is more appealing while reading (personal choice). Please try to add such an option if possible.

Last edited:

Scribbler

I use a feature on firefox on android, I think it's called read mode or something, and it changes the font, eliminates anything that isn't text, turns the background black and words white, and overall makes the reading experience much more appealing.

Ninetailed_Furball

I use a feature on firefox on android, I think it's called read mode or something, and it changes the font, eliminates anything that isn't text, turns the background black and words white, and overall makes the reading experience much more appealing.
This isn't about changing the fonts for reading stuff. I know how to do that if I was interested in such a thing.

What I, and I'm presuming the OP, meant was for the ability to change things like font and size to add some more creative twists to our writing.

It's pretty common for a demonic entity to have a different font from a celestial for example, and being able to change the size of the font would allow some creative use to manipulate things like tone or volume.

Scribbler

This isn't about changing the fonts for reading stuff. I know how to do that if I was interested in such a thing.

What I, and I'm presuming the OP, meant was for the ability to change things like font and size to add some more creative twists to our writing.

It's pretty common for a demonic entity to have a different font from a celestial for example, and being able to change the size of the font would allow some creative use to manipulate things like tone or volume.
Oh, I see. I'm sorry, I didn't know that.

I don't very much like font changes, I think they're quite jarring. Though some say POV shifts are as well. Perhaps I simply have not experienced enough of them yet.

Christopher

Exactly, it adds an additional layer of creativity and immersive experience to the readers. Also things like SFX, shouts etc if represented using larger fonts would give much more impact. And personally, I'm a huge fan of Garamond from HP days.

Christopher

Oh, I see. I'm sorry, I didn't know that.

I don't very much like font changes, I think they're quite jarring. Though some say POV shifts are as well. Perhaps I simply have not experienced enough of them yet.
Actually, it would be nice to have the reader choose the font he prefers in his profile settings or something which may be capable of overriding generic fonts except stylized ones similar to an epub file. And this is too much of a hassle for the back-end developers. This feature occupies the top of needed things in my priority list. A few other things that I would love to see in the editor must be Auto-correct, spell-check, grammar-check, prediction etc. I had been and still am using Intellij IDEs for many times and these features simply makes life easier and also help the author quickly type down what he feels before losing the hint or kick as some users call it. :;):