Looking for Artist (Resolved) Heroine Artwork Request (No Pay)

Solstice1309

Meh. I’ve had my fair share of reality checks. Was worth a shot though. Thnx for going along.

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
Describing your character is one thing.
Demanding like a client would from an artist they want to hire is another. :blob_hmm:

Being that specific isn’t doing you a favor if you want to ask for something for free. It’s like a writing prompt that doesn’t let you be creative.

Last edited:

DubstheDuke

The title itself screams "The Lion, the Witch, the Audacity of this Bitch."

No pay, really? Do we have someone running a charity in this place? If so, get ready to get swamped by aggressive penny pinching authors in here as well as RRL.

I mean, I write my novel for free because I find it to be fun to write. Is it really all that hard to imagine that an artist might want to draw for fun?

I'm no artist so I wouldn't know. Maybe every single artist out there is just doing it as a career and there exist no people who do it because they enjoy it as a hobby.

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
I mean, I write my novel for free because I find it to be fun to write. Is it really all that hard to imagine that an artist might want to draw for fun?

I'm no artist so I wouldn't know. Maybe every single artist out there is just doing it as a career and there exist no people who do it because they enjoy it as a hobby.
I find the demands too restricting tbh. Telling me exactly how it should look like gives not much freedom and the character description is lacking too.

How is her temperament? What emotion should the image evoke/the mood? A traumatized 5-year old girl would lie differently in bed than a quirky and spoiled princess type brat and the end product would definitely differ by a huge margin even though the main features would be the same. (E.g. Saber and Violet Evergarden, similar features but the aura they give out is not quite the same.)

Artists like to recreate other artist's art (draw this in your style #dtiys) simply because the original is so stunning and they like the concept. If you want to attract an artist, then give them something interesting, something that screams "I want to draw that, because the idea is fascinating".

There are a lot of artists who draw for fun/free as there are writers, but if you were given a story prompt where you literally can't decide a single thing, isn't that kind of very boring?

:sweating_profusely:Btw, your demands are hella high, lying pose with a background takes a lot of time and experience to be drawn well (knowledge about anatomy, facial expression, perspective, and props). Drawing children is hard, window hard, lighting hard, clothes hard, cushion with folds hard, everything hard :blob_blank:

ART IS HARDMODE

PandaSempai

Seeing this post, I remembered this certain cocky b**** who wants to pay a little more than 3$ for compiling a montage. What's more, he was asking for it to be rendered in 50k(Hollywood Level) as a minimum. The balls of that man was so stronk that he kept on insisting that 3$ was the right amount that he should give when the editors are refuting him. (And it was indicated that he wouldn't pay if the editing was unsatisfactory).

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.

There are some people (a very small minority) that do it for fun, and by fun I mean they draw something, you like it and ask for permission to use it. As in YOU USE WHATEVER THE ARTIST CREATES OUT OF HIS OWN TALENT AND FREEWILL.

When the thread is posted, it is very blatant that OP wants some artist to do the work for him for free, that is like asking your local lawyer for some legal advice or an accountant to help you check your quarterly books FOR FREE.

It means something of the artist's goodwill when he/ she created something and lets you use it for free, it has a completely different vibe when you yourself asking for something to be done. Sure there might be some good samaritans who are willing to indulge OP, but it also kind of makes them spoiling the market for some artists who are moonlighting in SH as well.

Straborvsky

Meh. I’ve had my fair share of reality checks. Was worth a shot though. Thnx for going along.
tell me your real age, no need for names or anything just age if you don't mind.
Well, you see the way I read the comment actually made me a bit pissed off to be honest. People whom long enough on internet get it some don't and alright be done with it after they telling you nothing is free except a goodwill of random dude on internet.

I do this your favor if you're truly need it, just to spite people on this comment. why? being sarcastic is one thing but continuously bashing is toxic behavior. pls stop you had enough telling him, and get down from your high horse.

I will be another reality check for people in this comment.

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
tell me your real age, no need for names or anything just age if you don't mind.
Well, you see the way I read the comment actually made me a bit pissed off to be honest. People whom long enough on internet get it some don't and alright be done with it after they telling you nothing is free except a goodwill of random dude on internet.

I do this your favor if you're truly need it, just to spite people on this comment. why? being sarcastic is one thing but continuously bashing is toxic behavior. pls stop you had enough telling him, and get down from your high horse.

Sweet, here comes the good samaritan. (Non-sarcastic, really, it is not)

Alverost

Eternal Procrastinator
Staff member
You guys really going a bit too far with the replies here. Some people don't have the money, it's understandable. At the very least, he stated in the thread title that there is no pay. If you guys aren't an artist that's willing to do his request then move along.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts

You guys really going a bit too far with the replies here. Some people don't have the money, it's understandable. At the very least, he stated in the thread title that there is no pay. If you guys aren't an artist that's willing to do his request then move along.
Here comes the Lone Ranger and Tonto

Straborvsky

Hi, I’m looking for someone to make an artwork of the heroine of my novel. Unfortunately I can’t pay you and I’m really sorry about that. Really really sorry.

This artwork will be used in chapter 7 of my novel Nanashi.

Description- The 5-year old girl has light blond hair and dull emerald eyes. Her hair reaches all the way to the small of her back. She is currently wearing a black one-piece resting on bed, her legs under the blanket and her face to the right facing the mc, the window of the room behind her.

I’m fine Colour or Black & White.
here, I made it during break at office yesterday and forgot to post it. I made it simple and I forgot I'm not really good drawing kids however if it adult ... well, it will be a talk for another time.

YuriDoggo

Angery Doggo >ᴗ<
here, I made it during break at office yesterday and forgot to post it. I made it simple and I forgot I'm not really good drawing kids however if it adult ... well, it will be a talk for another time.
Wow that's really cute.