Restricted access

Owl

Nervous writer
Probably already buried in this forum somewhere in a similar fashion, but it would be nice if there was a way to share unpublished chapters with restricted access - reading only, or reading and editing maybe.
This would be nice for people working together on stories or for having editors check our your chapters without being able to do anything. Maybe password locked or you can give access to a certain user by name.

AkalE

Hmmm.... This could also be used for early access chapters. Like the kind you get on Patreon...

Saileri

Your Friendly Neighborhood IT Guy
For collabs and also sharing the SH link to the editors instead of copying docs or other stuff. Decent idea. Could work as a whitelist, where you add registered profiles on the site and choose permissions like view, edit, comment.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Hmmm.... This could also be used for early access chapters. Like the kind you get on Patreon...
I think Patreon already serves the purpose we need for that.

Arkus86

For collabs in particular, I think such feature, if it were to be introduced, could really benefit from something like changes tracking in Word.
I can already see several people writing and editing a single chapter simultaneously would quickly become an unsalvageable mess without some oversight.