Restricted Content on SH - Exploring the Age of Consent Boundary

CL

Erm. Yeah I just hastily posted this thread out of worry. If you know where the other threads are hanging, I'd appreciate being directed to them.
Forgive me for not responding to your request. At that time, I woke up because today was the day I wanted to pick up groceries for my grandmother (she's a high-risk for Covid-19). After shopping, and on the way to her house, I picked up some BK for her (a whopper meal with iced tea, if any were curious). I only recently returned from the trip. :blob_cookie:

On an unrelated note: those damn shopping carts kept static shocking me. That had me wondering how many people have been rubbing those things with wipes until they were satisfied they'd been sanitized? :blob_hmph:

LiquidCeil

Forgive me for not responding to your request. At that time, I woke up because today was the day I wanted to pick up groceries for my grandmother (she's a high-risk for Covid-19). After shopping, and on the way to her house, I picked up some BK for her (a whopper meal with iced tea, if any were curious). I only recently returned from the trip. :blob_cookie:

On an unrelated note: those damn shopping carts kept static shocking me. That had me wondering how many people have been rubbing those things with wipes until they were satisfied they'd been sanitized? :blob_hmph:
that's totally fine XD Don't strain yourself!

Reactions: CL
I just make the lolis 1000+ years old :D /

i kinda have a thing for loli babas

Jemini

Now come to think of it, we had a title here called "World of Women" where the world-standard was such that there was no age of consent, and it was highly implied that other men in the series went into the child-range. The MC stuck to his own age or older, but he also incarnated into that world at 11 or something. So, yeah, that one pushed the envelope to crazy levels and I think the only way it got away with any of that stuff was because technically even in the real world none of that stuff would be illegal due to all the under-age stuff being done in situations where the girl at least was within the range for Romeo and Juliet laws to apply. (The MC got together with some adult women though, which would make the MC's partners guilty of statutory by IRL standards.)

So... yeah. I think World of Women can be taken as the extreme standard, the farthest line that anyone has gotten away with, so as long as you don't go any more extreme than World of Women did you should be fine.

Last edited:

CL

Now come to think of it, we had a title here called "World of Women" where the world-standard was such that there was no age of consent, and it was highly implied that other men in the series went into the child-range. The MC stuck to his own age or older, but he also incarnated into that world at 11 or something. So, yeah, that one pushed the envelope to crazy levels and I think the only way it got away with any of that stuff was because technically even in the real world none of that stuff would be illegal due to all the under-age stuff being done in situations where the girl at least was within the range for Romeo and Juliet laws to apply. (The MC got together with some adult women though, which would make the MC's partners guilty of statutory by IRL standards.)

So... yeah. I think World of Women can be taken as the extreme standard, the farthest line that anyone has gotten away with, so as long as you don't go any more extreme than World of Women did you should be fine.
Never read it, but I had wondered why it got popular. Is there more to the story than just a world-wide harem available to the kid? I don't mean to derail the conversation of this thread, but I am curious if it had something else going for it than the details you presented.

Jemini

Never read it, but I had wondered why it got popular. Is there more to the story than just a world-wide harem available to the kid? I don't mean to derail the conversation of this thread, but I am curious if it had something else going for it than the details you presented.

Quite a bit more. The whole thing is essentially what I would probably call a sociological horror, a horror story in which society is the monster. It is a break-down on the very idea of harem themes. The premise is that this is a world in which there is 1 man for every 999 women, men make up 0.1% of the population. It then takes that premise and extrapolates out, quite credibly, how society would form itself around that as the basis. Let's just say the results are not very pleasant. It is a concept that you would hear about as a man and think that would be a wonderland that would favor you in every way, but the reality of the situation is absolutely terrifying and leaves you vicariously regretting the fact you ever thought that would be a nice idea through the psychological anguish that the protagonist and the members of his harem are put through.

If you go into it just wanting smut and material to get off to, my recommendation is that you should actually stay away from this series. It is one of those reads that are very unpleasant in a good way. You will not get your jollies off of it, but if you are the type who likes something mentally stimulating but also horrifying like Psycho Pass or something along those lines, then you will absolutely love this series. (Also, Ok, MAYBE you can get a few jollies off of this series. It is a smut series with a smut premise despite the fact that it gets taken down a very dark road. It DOES have full-blown H scenes that give full erotic detail, and they are (mostly) not rape scenes. They are very consensual and positive.)

EDIT: I do mean this series REALLY goes deep on it's commitment to society building around this premise. It goes into things like class warfare with ways that the rich monopolize the men giving the lower class women little chance to reproduce and leading them to desperate measures. The rich do things like granting free education to all the men at the best schools available. Sounds good and all, but what they are really trying to do is get the men used to the standards of the upper class and raise their expectations so they are less likely to choose to impregnate any lower class women. There are also feminists in this world who do not like the idea of men having the freedom to choose who they impregnate since they think it gives men too much power that they exploit and hold over women, and they are constantly trying to enact laws to deny men any choice on who they copulate with. It gets pretty crazy.

Last edited:

Chaaruzu_Corner

Young Senior Member
So I've been pretty confident, writing my story, that all the NSFW scenes in my book are consensual and above age . . . until today. When I remembered about a particular flashback scene sitting in my outline. That is INTEGRAL to a certain character's development. Um. Basically (underage) character A walks in on (underage) character B having a non/dubcon with (Douchebag/Cannon Fodder 9000) Character C. So this isn't a romantic pairing or anything. Just a sad, sad backstory. I'm pretty sure I've read backstories that are similarly noncon and underage on SH. But how graphic can I make it? I don't want to host a chapter on a different website.

Additionally, and out of curiosity, if your world takes place in a historical setting where characters are getting married at 16 etc, does that 18/year old rule still apply? Can you do implied scenes, w/o graphic content?

Just go for it dude. It's fantasy dude so it doesn't have to be contained by IRL's morals. In fact that's a part of my MC's character development in my story. There's some things she finds that goes against her morals but have to accept that she can't force her morals into others and slowly but surely adapt to her surroundings.

CL

Quite a bit more. The whole thing is essentially what I would probably call a sociological horror, a horror story in which society is the monster. It is a break-down on the very idea of harem themes. The premise is that this is a world in which there is 1 man for every 999 women, men make up 0.1% of the population. It then takes that premise and extrapolates out, quite credibly, how society would form itself around that as the basis. Let's just say the results are not very pleasant. It is a concept that you would hear about as a man and think that would be a wonderland that would favor you in every way, but the reality of the situation is absolutely terrifying and leaves you vicariously regretting the fact you ever thought that would be a nice idea through the psychological anguish that the protagonist and the members of his harem are put through.

If you go into it just wanting smut and material to get off to, my recommendation is that you should actually stay away from this series. It is one of those reads that are very unpleasant in a good way. You will not get your jollies off of it, but if you are the type who likes something mentally stimulating but also horrifying like Psycho Pass or something along those lines, then you will absolutely love this series. (Also, Ok, MAYBE you can get a few jollies off of this series. It is a smut series with a smut premise despite the fact that it gets taken down a very dark road. It DOES have full-blown H scenes that give full erotic detail, and they are (mostly) not rape scenes. They are very consensual and positive.)

EDIT: I do mean this series REALLY goes deep on it's commitment to society building around this premise. It goes into things like class warfare with ways that the rich monopolize the men giving the lower class women little chance to reproduce and leading them to desperate measures. The rich do things like granting free education to all the men at the best schools available. Sounds good and all, but what they are really trying to do is get the men used to the standards of the upper class and raise their expectations so they are less likely to choose to impregnate any lower class women. There are also feminists in this world who do not like the idea of men having the freedom to choose who they impregnate since they think it gives men too much power that they exploit and hold over women, and they are constantly trying to enact laws to deny men any choice on who they copulate with. It gets pretty crazy.
Your description of it reminds me of the subplot in a manga/anime titled "Tenchi Muyo! War on Geminar". I might be more interested in reading WoW if there is a similar subplot revolving around those prized breeding "stallions" rising up to fight for their freedom from their "stable" life.

Jemini

Your description of it reminds me of the subplot in a manga/anime titled "Tenchi Muyo! War on Geminar". I might be more interested in reading WoW if there is a similar subplot revolving around those prized breeding "stallions" rising up to fight for their freedom from their "stable" life.
Well, it is pretty clear the intention is to overthrow this system, and not in the direction the feminists want it to go. But, the idea of raising the level of freedom for men in the series is more of a side-project while the main focus is just keeping something horrible from happening to the MC or members of the harem, and I don't JUST mean avoiding NTR stuff. (there is only one plot where that's even a threat for half of one book, given the premise it's more a rarity for a second man to ever even think of going for the same girl since it's men who are fought over for this premise.)

It gets a bit into the demon's curse that's actually causing only 1 man to be born for every thousand. And, yes, it IS a demon's curse, and there IS magic in this setting. As for keeping something horrible from happening, women are considered pretty worthless and expendable given this premise. Women are more likely to face real threat of death while men generally only face capture and exploitation at worst. (Again, generally. Male death comes up more often than you'd think reasonable given this premise, but every time it does happen it's treated as an extremely big deal Vs. female death just being shrugged off.)

Anyhow, it's not until the 3rd book that international politics comes into the picture, and that's when you find out there actually IS one country that favors freedom and free choice for men and even positions of public office. It's this country that's fighting to overthrow this "stable" life, as you put it, that most of the men in the series face in the other countries.

Reactions: CL

LostinMovement

Thank god I haven't written any sex scenes yet into my story before I stumbled on this thread.

So my predicament is as follows. My protagonist went back in time after he died. He died at 24 and reincarnated back to when he was 16. The coming of age of my fantasy setting is 16. Once you reach said age, you are excepted to 'bond', meaning marry if you are a child of the nobility. Now, the ML is already 18, it is a BL story btw. There is no sexual content is the story yet so that means I'm not breaking the rules, or am I ?

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Thank god I haven't written any sex scenes yet into my story before I stumbled on this thread.

So my predicament is as follows. My protagonist went back in time after he died. He died at 24 and reincarnated back to when he was 16. The coming of age of my fantasy setting is 16. Once you reach said age, you are excepted to 'bond', meaning marry if you are a child of the nobility. Now, the ML is already 18, it is a BL story btw. There is no sexual content is the story yet so that means I'm not breaking the rules, or am I ?
If they aren't doing any explicit sexual activities before they're 18, I'm pretty sure you aren't~

LostinMovement

If they aren't doing any explicit sexual activities before they're 18, I'm pretty sure you aren't~

Thanks Alice-chan for clarifying that for me :blob_hug: I never intended for them to have sex anyway, not until a later part of the book so I guess, I will have do a timeskip or something where the MC reaches 18.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Thanks Alice-chan for clarifying that for me :blob_hug: I never intended for them to have sex anyway, not until a later part of the book so I guess, I will have do a timeskip or something where the MC reaches 18.
*hugs* Good luck with your story! ^^)/