Resolved Review not posted, stuck at zero stars

Ultrabenosaurus

About 3-4 days ago I posted a 5-star review on Boosted Restart, but after clicking submit I noticed all of the stars were empty. Clicking any of the stars fills them in and shows a little grey loading spinner briefly, but when I reload the page they're all empty again. I've tried clicking a star while the review is in edit mode and then clicking save, but the same happens.

I've tried in desktop Firefox and Edge (Chromium) as well as Firefox for Android, but no change.

I thought the problem might be because it's still in the moderation queue so waited a few days for it to be approved / denied to try again, but I've never known it take more than 1 full day for my review to go through, never mind nearly 4 days. Now I'm wondering if the bug with the stars resulted in the review not showing in the moderation queue somehow?

Tony

Staff member
About 3-4 days ago I posted a 5-star review on Boosted Restart, but after clicking submit I noticed all of the stars were empty. Clicking any of the stars fills them in and shows a little grey loading spinner briefly, but when I reload the page they're all empty again. I've tried clicking a star while the review is in edit mode and then clicking save, but the same happens.

I've tried in desktop Firefox and Edge (Chromium) as well as Firefox for Android, but no change.

I thought the problem might be because it's still in the moderation queue so waited a few days for it to be approved / denied to try again, but I've never known it take more than 1 full day for my review to go through, never mind nearly 4 days. Now I'm wondering if the bug with the stars resulted in the review not showing in the moderation queue somehow?

Your review was rejected because it wasn't a review. This was your review for the story:

Manga and anime adaptations when?

Review guidelines: https://www.scribblehub.com/review-guidelines/

As for your rating not counting, you need to have the item in your reading list before you can rate.

Ultrabenosaurus

Okay, if that's not allowed as a review then fine, but it would have been nice if it was actually rejected (disappeared) and I received some sort of notification or feedback, instead of being left hanging for days. It's not like one of the 3 existing reviews isn't also a simplistic one-liner so I'm not sure what rules I've actually broken, but whatever. I shall rewrite it to be more explicit, instead of just demonstrating that I highly enjoy the story.

As for the rating, it is on my reading list and has been since long before I tried to review the story, so that cannot be the reason.

1630261124491.png

Tony

Staff member
Okay, if that's not allowed as a review then fine, but it would have been nice if it was actually rejected (disappeared) and I received some sort of notification or feedback, instead of being left hanging for days. It's not like one of the 3 existing reviews isn't also a simplistic one-liner so I'm not sure what rules I've actually broken, but whatever. I shall rewrite it to be more explicit, instead of just demonstrating that I highly enjoy the story.

As for the rating, it is on my reading list and has been since long before I tried to review the story, so that cannot be the reason.

View attachment 9411

I forgot to add that you can't rate using a VPN/proxy anymore either. I had to implement that feature due to trolls and fake ratings. I manually rated that novel a '5' for you though.