Rewrite a story. Create a new series or continue the old one?

Aoi_Sora

It's in the title but for more information...

I am currently rewriting a story of mine. Is it better to create a new series? Or should I continue adding new chapters to the old one? What do you think?
Also a side question. Are lolis tasty?

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
Depends. If you like to start afresh, go with a new series. If you're a fan of persistence, update the old one. If you're a sneaky motherfucker, replace the old chapters with the new ones.

Also yes, when dipped in butter and roasted medium rare.

SailusGebel

I am currently rewriting a story of mine. Is it better to create a new series? Or should I continue adding new chapters to the old one? What do you think?
If it isn't a lolibaba, lolis are for headpatting only. As for your question, depending on what you want to achieve. If you want to gain more readers, yeah, create a new one. If you simply want to up the quality, then reupload it to the old story.

Aoi_Sora

Thank you for your answers.
And your answers with my loli question is gewd.

Lloyd

Professional Writer
I'd just make a new series personally.

Reisinling

There is a story that is being rewritten every few months, on the same series page. Something something evil flower? Reincarnated as evil flower? Sth like that. Guy deletes all chapters, and starts publishing new ones to keep the readers he already has.

Agentt

Thighs
I would reccomend starting fresh because it is boring as heck to write what you have already written, you may lose motivation
Also, lolis are licable

Last edited:

Underload

I advise you to finish the book first. Do the manga way, if you don't want to spend too much time on the book. Introduce a dragon and let him help your hero on his journey to kill the demon king. Or whatever your story needs. Do that and you will have leanerned how to finish a book because most people suck at writing endings.

TotallyHuman

The witch of speculation
Make a poll and ask your readers if you don't care either way.
And, yes, officer, it's this man

ConTroll

Eternal Wood
Well, if you are already rewriting, just continue it. However, this time, finish the story. Make concessions and introduce plot devices to move the narrative along if needed.

_oinkchan

Lolis are only meant for patting! Heretics who see them lewdly shall be burnt!

RedHunter2296

Competitive Professional In Being Ignored
The story that I am currently doing has been a project that I have worked on for at least the last 10 years. So I can't imagine abandoning it, maybe I would write it again from scratch to fix and improve things but not go to write another story. Although who knows, the truth is I did have some ideas to write a prequel or a spin-off with the same protagonist, but everything always related to the main story.

LoliGent

The Lolicon Gentleman

My suggestion is, if you are only updating the chapters, simply just updated them and announce that the chapters have been rewritten. I actually think most people will not move to the new version should you decided to reupload it to a different profile. Though maybe the rewrite may overlap what you have already written so you'll probably want to reupload it somewhere else, in which case, you can do that but I don't suggest you delete the old version either. Just to give context at least. You may find it hard to believe but some readers get attached to what we perceive as inferior work.

As for the loli question, my extent is a kiss on the hand, like a true gentleman. That's how it is.

There is a story that is being rewritten every few months, on the same series page. Something something evil flower? Reincarnated as evil flower? Sth like that. Guy deletes all chapters, and starts publishing new ones to keep the readers he already has.

That sounds counterintuitive. Why would they want to delete their archive and continue without the start?

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Only make a new series if your old one doesn't have delicious lolipops.

Jemini

I've been having some luck with a hard re-boot on a series I had written into a dead-end. It is not unusual for fans of the original to protest some of your changes in creative direction in the re-boot, and thus far I have been getting roughly half the attention the original got, but I would say things are actually turning out rather well.

(Also, while the number of readers and views is half the original, the number of patreon patrons is actually getting to be higher. So, I think that might be a good sign that the ones who are reading agree that I'm doing a much better job this time and the new direction shows better promise than the previous version.)