Progress:
61 Chapters
Word Count: 83075
Max Pages: 412

Progress:
63 Chapters
Word Count: 85719
Max Pages: 427

The book isn't finished, but there's so much to read, I could look for beta readers. They can help spot issues.
If you'd like to volunteer to read it, message me! I use discord.

You can ping me at: Rellawing#4070, or send me a pm on Scribble Hub!

Progress:
65 Chapters
Word Count: 88608
Max Pages: 441

Rellawing

Optimistic Kitten
Rewriting my short story Saving Face. I tried to release it here, but it didn't gain much attention. I realized it was lacking. Over the last month, I started this project. It's turned into a serious novel. It wouldn't be ridiculous to think I'll break 100k words easily

Wanna beta read it Assurbanipal_II?
Progress:
66 Chapters
Word Count: 89905
Max Pages: 449

For a comparison, you can read the original here: https://www.tgstorytime.com/viewstory.php?sid=4815

The new one has way more to it than the original. If you read that you'll find the present tense I used was flawed. I didn't execute it well enough, I think!

Assurbanipal_II

Empress of the Four Corners of the World

Rellawing

Optimistic Kitten
You're right! The last one was a short story I wrote for an event for Halloween last year. :3 It seemed like a bad mark on my authoring resume, not that a lot of them aren't in their own ways. XD

I'm tough on myself! Anyhow, this year I felt like bettering it! I wanted to create something more amazing than a short story! It had the potential, I felt. Interested? *winks*

Progress:
68 Chapters
Word Count: 93223
Pages: 464

Oh yes... totally hitting over 100k... '^^

Assurbanipal_II

For a comparison, you can read the original here: https://www.tgstorytime.com/viewstory.php?sid=4815

The new one has way more to it than the original. If you read that you'll find the present tense I used was flawed. I didn't execute it well enough, I think!

I scanned over it and what I can say ...

too many I :blob_dizzy: I. I. I. I. I know it is an I perspective, but still ...

And personally I find present tense a bit limiting, but that is just a personal opinion.

Rellawing

Optimistic Kitten
Bingo! You're so right! That was another horrible flaw! The galloping I's. I could correct that only if I wished, but I chose to rewrite. Trust me when I say there won't be so much of that in the new one. *grins*

Progress:
69 Chapters
Word Count: 95190
Page Count: 474

Assurbanipal_II

Bingo! You're so right! That was another horrible flaw! The galloping I's. I could correct that only if I wished, but I chose to rewrite. Trust me when I say there won't be so much of that in the new one. *grins*

Progress:
69 Chapters
Word Count: 95190
Page Count: 474

Btw, I was reading one of your stories and already in the first lines ...

“Good morning, Sugar!” she laughs and Madoka smiles brightly up at her. “Did you sleep well, daughter?”

Aargh, the daughter shurts. Have you ever heard a mother addressing her child as daughter?

And btw, I tought you are rewriting to save face and not that that is the title of the story. :blob_reach:

Rellawing

Optimistic Kitten
Yup! It's a rewrite! And it's so different, a friend after reading all I had at the time suggested I change the name. I asked another friend whether or not they agreed. The answer was yes, it sounded better than the other title. That's how I decided to change the title of the project!

*grins* Mouikkai Musume was the very first novel I ever wrote! It was edited entirely by a talented person. It won't be flawless, but it's considered still one of my best ones! <3 They aren't related by blood, actually.

If it was Mohitotsu, that's the last novel I completed and the second one, but the third book I wrote. Saving Face was the second book I wrote, though it was just a Novelette at the time.

The new project is a full Novel. It well meets those word count requirements!

Also, the new one won't be perfect either, though in some ways I've advanced I think. Those things may not be apparent since they're mostly things my editor friend caught. :3

Assurbanipal_II

Yup! It's a rewrite! And it's so different, a friend after reading all I had at the time suggested I change the name. I asked another friend whether or not they agreed. The answer was yes, it sounded better than the other title. That's how I decided to change the title of the project!

*grins* Mouikkai Musume was the very first novel I ever wrote! It was edited entirely by a talented person. It won't be flawless, but it's considered still one of my best ones! <3 They aren't related by blood, actually.

If it was Mohitotsu, that's the last novel I completed and the second one, but the third book I wrote. Saving Face was the second book I wrote, though it was just a Novelette at the time.

The new project is a full Novel. It well meets those word count requirements!

Also, the new one won't be perfect either, though in some ways I've advanced I think. Those things may not be apparent since they're mostly things my editor friend caught. :3

:blob_reach: Good luck then. From my personal experience, it takes 50,000 words to recognise your mistakes. 100,000 words to recognise even more mistakes. 150,000 words to correct them. And 200,000 to find a definite style.

Apparently, you have already passed these bench marks, so ...

Rellawing

Optimistic Kitten
That's true! I've done so! I certainly do have my style! *grins* I'm a novelist for sure! I do face struggles, however. My physical condition does serve to stunt my progress. I wrote my first book before it happened. My second novel was written after to prove to myself I could still write well. Saving Face as another attempt to challenge myself. It's not easy, but I struggle on and do my best!

Assurbanipal_II will you be a beta reader for me? *smiles and extends a hand*

Assurbanipal_II

That's true! I've done so! I certainly do have my style! *grins* I'm a novelist for sure! I do face struggles, however. My physical condition does serve to stunt my progress. I wrote my first book before it happened. My second novel was written after to prove to myself I could still write well. Saving Face as another attempt to challenge myself. It's not easy, but I struggle on and do my best!

Assurbanipal_II will you be a beta reader for me? *smiles and extends a hand*

You continuous non-use of the reply feature makes it difficult to notice your messages. :blob_reach:

Yes, I could theoretically beta read, albeit I still have to read a few chapters of your stories to judge my compatibility with your style.

Alternatively, you can also read my story below and judge by yourself. *smiles and encourages you to read story* :blob_evil_two:

Rellawing

Optimistic Kitten
You continuous non-use of the reply feature makes it difficult to notice your messages. :blob_reach:

Yes, I could theoretically beta read, albeit I still have to read a few chapters of your stories to judge my compatibility with your style.

Alternatively, you can also read my story below and judge by yourself. *smiles and encourages you to read story* :blob_evil_two:

Oh! It's a reverse recruitment tactic! Genius! XD

I had a huge writing splurge again yesterday, so I don't think I'd mind reading a bit today. I feel pretty chill! *grins* Perhaps after I get my coffee and a breakfast meal I shall. I did peek at your book, by the way and it does interest me. I'm aware your stats are quite high! You have a ton of views early on! That's very promising!

Assurbanipal_II

Oh! It's a reverse recruitment tactic! Genius! XD

I had a huge writing splurge again yesterday, so I don't think I'd mind reading a bit today. I feel pretty chill! *grins* Perhaps after I get my coffee and a breakfast meal I shall. I did peek at your book, by the way and it does interest me. I'm aware your stats are quite high! You have a ton of views early on! That's very promising!

Well, I am not all too sure about the stats. Many views, few readers. :blob_teary: *sniff* *sniff* What I am doing wrong? But I soldier on, or rather author on.

Rellawing

Optimistic Kitten
Well, I am not all too sure about the stats. Many views, few readers. :blob_teary: *sniff* *sniff* What I am doing wrong? But I soldier on, or rather author on.

Ah... you're doing what I did, Assurbanipal_ii *Hugs* Don't do it! You're enjoying success, and powering on will lead you to success! Don't expect to have the same readers as other stories right away. You gain those over time. People will gradually read it entirely and thus will be considered readers! *winks*

Assurbanipal_II

Ah... you're doing what I did, Assurbanipal_ii *Hugs* Don't do it! You're enjoying success, and powering on will lead you to success! Don't expect to have the same readers as other stories right away. You gain those over time. People will gradually read it entirely and thus will be considered readers! *winks*

You are right. \(^o^)/ *thank you encouragement huggle*

Rellawing

Optimistic Kitten
You are right. \(^o^)/ *thank you encouragement huggle*

I love all kinds of anime! Dragonball, Bleach, Naruto, Fairy Tail, Chuunibyo, Konosuba, the list marches into infinity. :D It's a fair bet I'd like yours, though I don't read fanfics much. *Huggles*

Assurbanipal_II

I love all kinds of anime! Dragonball, Bleach, Naruto, Fairy Tail, Chuunibyo, Konosuba, the list marches into infinity. :D It's a fair bet I'd like yours, though I don't read fanfics much. *Huggles*

\(^o^)/ Give you all little push. I promise you I work with as much as OCs as possible and use canon characters as rarely as possible, or in more concrete terms, they get little screen time and I use the anime mainly as a frame for world building.

Rellawing

Optimistic Kitten
Progress:
71 Chapters
Word Count: 99274
Page Count: 493

Assu joined the Beta Reader team! <3 I'm getting more of the fine toothed critical reading few give! Anyone else wanna help? *winks*

Rellawing

Optimistic Kitten
Progress:
75 chapters
Word Count: 105734
Page Count: 524
3-4 chapters remain depending on what I do. This book is very nearly done! <3