Rex's Daily Life Tips & Tricks

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Rex's Daily Tip #672 (Relig**n): To each their own, but Rex believes you shouldn't force your own beliefs on to others. :blob_upset:

*Growing up, Rex had to go to Sunday School. 'Twas not fun.
**The people there were very hypocritical. Rex knows for a fact that one guy that was "cool and popular" back then is currently serving prison time. 🤐
***Also, Rex was told to practice abstinence and to not ever masturbate because it was sinful. Even now, Rex can't believe he was so naive back then that he would feel extremely guilty after busting a n*t. How ridiculous. 🙃
That's pretty much the best tip one can get for religion, trying to force yours on others always ends up badly...

Arexio

Coffee Addict
Religion is the opium of the masses. -John Lennon, the wife beater
  • Throwing up, Naomichi had to clean the floor. That was not fun.
  • Naomichi was not one of the happy shiny people, but he still had to serve food and drinks with a smile.
  • Naomichi practiced extreme practices, eventually becoming known as Hammer Nao in the ring. Later, he lost and got busted like a nut by Ippo.
How bizarre, how bizarre OMC
Unrelated but have you ever considered rapping as a hobby? Or maybe just a lyricist? :blob_aww:
That's pretty much the best tip one can get for religion, trying to force yours on others always ends up badly...
Agreed. :blob_no:

weakwithwords

discord-less mudblood
To the R, to the A, to the N-M-A.
Ranma's in the house!

Bugs: I speak softly and I carry a big stick!
I write slowly and speak even more slowly.
Can't battle rhyme or beatbox.
That's why the word is ending.

Thought you would notice the tip 672 mimicry and the boxing anime/manga reference. I guess you're tired.

Arexio

Coffee Addict
To the R, to the A, to the N-M-A.
Ranma's in the house!

Bugs: I speak softly and I carry a big stick!
I write slowly and speak even more slowly.
Can't battle rhyme or beatbox.
That's why the word is ending.

Thought you would notice the tip 672 mimicry and the boxing anime/manga reference. I guess you're tired.
I am tired. Only noticed the Ippo reference. Didn't know what to with that however. Nice OST though. :blob_popcorn:

And bummer, I would've liked to have you spit a verse or two over some of my lofi tracks. We coulda gone big. :blob_teary:

weakwithwords

discord-less mudblood
You could have done a Dempsey roll ... forever.
To infinity and beyond! (Toy Story)

You can still do some tracks with @gaylolis.
Lolis get lost easily.

More than words.
Mr. Big

Do your best and I'll do the rest. :sleep:

Arexio

Coffee Addict
Rex's Daily Tip #579 (US Politics): Ezra Klein, creator of Vox, has a big brain and is good at analyzing this type of stuff. Rex recommends you listen to his podcast if you also want a big brain and understand the sh*tshow that is called American politics. 🇺🇸

*Note: Ezra is very eloquent live and even more handsome. 🙈
**Rex may or may not have his autograph. Who knows? 🤡
***No, Rex will not sell hypothetical autograph. Get your own. 👺

Last edited:

AliceShiki

***No, Rex will not sell hypothetical autograph. Get your own.

Arexio

Coffee Addict
The autograph is real btw. I'm not that crazy. Yet.

Let's reconvene in five years and see then. :blob_ghost::blob_ghost::blob_ghost:

weakwithwords

discord-less mudblood
I'm not crazy. I'm just a little unwell. Matchbox Twenty

Arexio

Coffee Addict
I'm not crazy. I'm just a little unwell. Matchbox Twenty

I know right now you can't tell.
But stay awhile and maybe then you'll see
A different side of me.

Side-note: What if this was recreated into a lofi track? Obviously the vocals would be taken out. :blob_hmm:

Reminds me of that time I heard a lofi rendition of Boulevard of Broken Dreams by Green Day, and it was actually good. :blob_popcorn:

Arexio

Coffee Addict
@Arexio, is lofi a fad that replaced nightcore?

I wasn't born yesterday, but I will be tomorrow.
From a listener's standpoint, yeah.

From a producer's standpoint, nah. More complicated to produce as it's frowned upon to actually straight make a "cover" in the traditional sense.

The community prefers you sample and snip together various fragments; a lofi Frankenstein monstrosity > song that went through minimal editing/producing. :blob_ghost:

Last edited:

Arexio

Coffee Addict
Rex wants to ask the class their views on education (both primary/secondary and college).

Rex has his own opinions but would like to hear everyone else's first. :blob_popcorn:

--MON--

Rex's Daily Tip #3.5 (Nutrition): Coffee is a proxy for caffeine in this case. So tea, soda, energy drinks, the works, fall under this category. Rex highly recommends you cut out the extra sugar though or at least limit sugar intake.

Rex's Daily Tip #114 (Sexual): Condoms should always be used unless you want a 🐣.

P.S. Tabo seems like a poor Filipino's bidet. Am I wrong? :blob_popcorn:

multipurpose actually, it can also be used as a manual shower and to hold things. tabo is basically a dipper like the big dipper constellation but made of plastic.

weakwithwords

discord-less mudblood
Anything you need to learn, you should have learned in kindergarten. Since you also most likely began cultivating in the womb, you should have reached supercyanide by nursery rhymes.

In primary school, you hone your calligraphy while sleeping with eyes wide open. You do basic math exercises while carrying jugs of water on either hand and balancing on a bamboo pole. You learn how to spell forward, backwards, and sideways while limbering and doing splits. You also make a mental list of friends that are potential bffs, disposable friends, usable acquaintances, frenemies, rivals that can help you break limits, and enemies you will have to get rid of as soon as conveniently possible.

In secondary school, same shit, between ten to a hundred times the intensity depending on the school's rep and the school's actual rep.

In tertiary education, you just cruise. If you are a tad too fond of school, you do your masters and maybe even go for a phd later.

Last edited:

--MON--

Rex wants to ask the class their views on education (both primary/secondary and college).

Rex has his own opinions but would like to hear everyone else's first. :blob_popcorn:

it is efficient since it was made like a factory to produce a workforce in the past, but currently it is getting inefficient since nowadays people started to learn more by actually doing things and learning how they work along the way together with the concepts.

present education needed to be mixed with learning the manual and actually doing things in a 30:70 ratio 30 classroom learning and 70 hands on learning. (ex. artists like painters, sculptors, chefs, authors, etc.) they got to master their crafts not by only reading books but by doing actual things and practicing.

AliceShiki

Uhn... Primary serves mainly to teach you basic things and to have a place for you to spend your day at and be taken care of while your parents work.

Middle-high School serves mainly to teach you some morals, how society works, and to introduce you to a few subjects that you might be interested in working with.

Uni and higher are useful in case you want a job that requires a diploma and that's all they're useful for.

Arexio

Coffee Addict
Anything you need to learn, you should have learned in kindergarten. Since you also most likely began cultivating in the womb, you should have reached supercyanide by nursery rhymes.

In primary school, you hone your calligraphy while sleeping with eyes wide open. You do basic math exercises while carrying jugs of water on either hand and balancing on a bamboo pole. You learn how to spell forward, backwards, and sideways while limbering and doing splits. You also make a mental list of friends that are potential bffs, disposable friends, usable acquaintances, frenemies, rivals that can help you break limits, and enemies you will have to get rid of as soon as conveniently possible.

In secondary school, same shit, between ten to a hundred times the intensity depending on the school's rep and the school's actual rep.

In tertiary education, you just cruise. If you are a tad too fond of school, you do your masters and maybe even go for a phd later.
For a second there, I thought we were in a cultivation novel. No? Oh...are you sure? :blob_hmm_two:
it is efficient since it was made like a factory to produce a workforce in the past, but currently it is getting inefficient since nowadays people started to learn more by actually doing things and learning how they work along the way together with the concepts.

present education needed to be mixed with learning the manual and actually doing things in a 30:70 ratio 30 classroom learning and 70 hands on learning. (ex. artists like painters, sculptors, chefs, authors, etc.) they got to master their crafts not by only reading books but by doing actual things and practicing.
I 100% agree with increasing trade and craft education.
Uhn... Primary serves mainly to teach you basic things and to have a place for you to spend your day at and be taken care of while your parents work.

Middle-high School serves mainly to teach you some morals, how society works, and to introduce you to a few subjects that you might be interested in working with.

Uni and higher are useful in case you want a job that requires a diploma and that's all they're useful for.
Yeah, that's kinda their current state right now. I agree with @--MON-- with how inefficient the system has become.

---

In a nutshell, to become more efficient, I believe education should shift towards the following paradigm for primary/secondary education:

1. General Track (focuses on broad skills that can be universally applied in multiple fields; prepares student for uni)
- Critical Thinking Skills
- Quantitative Reasoning Skills
- Communication Skills (includes writing/reading/speech/etc.)
2. Technical Track (specialized knowledge and fields that require experience and foundational knowledge)
- The Natural Sciences
- Trade Skills
- Languages
- Liberal Arts, History, etc.

For tertiary education:
Programs should be more streamlined (this includes shortening education timeframes) with a focus less on academia and theoretical knowledge and "General Track" skills and more on "Technical Track" skills.

For those seeking post-graduate education (Master's/Ph.D), their tertiary education can focus more on those aspects as 90% of undergraduates would rather have their education shortened (aka trim the fat) to be more job-oriented and practical instead.

That is my long spiel. End. :blob_sleep:

Last edited: