Rex's Daily Life Tips & Tricks

Arexio

Coffee Addict
But coffee tastes bad... T.T
Life has many tastes.

How sweet can it truly be—

Without the bitterness?*

Rex's Daily Tip #555 (Writing): Haiku is love. Haiku is life. Balance in all things. ⚖
Something something yin and yang, something something taichi.

*Short-form poetry from Rex is normally a super-fan feature. Subscribe for more benefits like this one~ :blob_ghost:

who needs shower when u have tabo :blob_neutral:

edit: when u comin back to discord?
1) Tabo is...something. :blob_blank:

2) Please refer to Rex's profile page on SH for this question. :blobthumbsup:

Ophious

〖Failed to be active〗〖Digging out of my grave〗
Rex's Daily Tip #3 (Nutrition): Coffee in moderation (1-3 cups/day) can actually be good for you. Lowers chances of heart disease and can improve your heart.*
Been a long time since I quit coffee
I always enjoyed hot chocolate more but I still drank coffee sometimes to survive my exams and tests cramming
had to stop since friends said I was going slightly overboard

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Rex's Daily Tip #555 (Writing): Haiku is love. Haiku is life. Balance in all things. ⚖
Something something yin and yang, something something taichi.
Let's see... Something Something taichi...

Taichi is the Main Character of the original Digimon Adventure Anime.
Digimon Adventure got a reboot recently.
Taichi is on the reboot.

Therefore, Arexio should watch the new Digimon Adventure anime! \(^^)/

My logic is flawless! *smug*

Arexio

Coffee Addict
Been a long time since I quit coffee
I always enjoyed hot chocolate more but I still drank coffee sometimes to survive my exams and tests cramming
had to stop since friends said I was going slightly overboard
Rex's Daily Tip #3.75 (Nutrition): Excess coffee (5-6+ cups or >500mg caffeine/day) can overstimulate your heart and cause irregular heart beats (arrhythmia) and heart problems.

Rex had a friend in college who drank that much (plus caffeine pills :blob_blank: ) and ended up diagnosed with clinical heart arrhythmia. He would pull all-nighters every other night.

Fun fact: He also was balding at the young age of 20 something, but Rex thinks this was more due to excess stress. Remember to take care of your health kiddos; you, quite literally, only live once. :blob_wink:

Let's see... Something Something taichi...

Taichi is the Main Character of the original Digimon Adventure Anime.
Digimon Adventure got a reboot recently.
Taichi is on the reboot.

Therefore, Arexio should watch the new Digimon Adventure anime! \(^^)/

My logic is flawless! *smug*
Oh? They made a reboot of the original. Any major changes?

Rex has watched most of the Tri version where all that happened basically was 1) grown-up kiddos and 2) the side characters all got their mega forms.

Last edited:

AliceShiki

Oh? They made a reboot of the original. Any major changes?

Rex has watched most of the Tri version where all that happened basically was 1) grown-up kiddos and 2) the side characters all got their mega forms.
Only 3 episodes were released so far as production was halted because of Corona... T.T

But plenty is changing! They are introducing the characters slowly instead of all in one go, and they're making the story being set in 2020 instead of 1999, so... Now computers and cellphones are normal things and stuff! Instead of Koushirou being the only person to know how to use a computer.

It's looking really good! Characters are getting more time to get developed and it seems like there is some sort of bigger plot being introduced from the start... Instead of being like the original where nobody knew what they were doing and villains were introduced one at a time in a convenient moment, right after the protagonists started getting into the form appropriate to fighting against them... >.>

So... I'm really hyped for it atm! Hopefully production resumes soon! >.<
At least it's all available easily on Crunchyroll so I don't need to wait for DVDs or whatever like I am doing with the latest Digimon Movie... T.T

Arexio

Coffee Addict
Only 3 episodes were released so far as production was halted because of Corona... T.T

But plenty is changing! They are introducing the characters slowly instead of all in one go, and they're making the story being set in 2020 instead of 1999, so... Now computers and cellphones are normal things and stuff! Instead of Koushirou being the only person to know how to use a computer.

It's looking really good! Characters are getting more time to get developed and it seems like there is some sort of bigger plot being introduced from the start... Instead of being like the original where nobody knew what they were doing and villains were introduced one at a time in a convenient moment, right after the protagonists started getting into the form appropriate to fighting against them... >.>

So... I'm really hyped for it atm! Hopefully production resumes soon! >.<
At least it's all available easily on Crunchyroll so I don't need to wait for DVDs or whatever like I am doing with the latest Digimon Movie... T.T
Oh? Sounds like it's better written this time. Fascinating. :blobthumbsup:

Will check it out when I have time (which is like never. Kms.) :blob_dizzy:

AliceShiki

Oh? Sounds like it's better written this time. Fascinating. :blobthumbsup:

Will check it out when I have time (which is like never. Kms.) :blob_dizzy:
Only 3 episodes so far! You can do it in a bit more than 1h! >.<

And aye! They seem to have planned this one out better! \(^^)/

Arexio

Coffee Addict
:blob_thor::blob_thor::blob_hmm_two::blob_hmm_two: doubts. Ya a doggo too smh
I mean, her son doesn't even really see his father anymore so...🙊

Also, it's technically my uncle's dog. I just help take care of it bc I live with him. Did you see the pics? Cute, right? 🐶

P.S. You should pick a domain topic from the first post, so that I can spit out another Rex's Daily Tips (and we can kinda stay on topic lol). :blob_hide:

sak-chii

Professional Procrastinator (Writer)
I mean, her son doesn't even really see his father anymore so...🙊

Also, it's technically my uncle's dog. I just help take care of it bc I live with him. Did you see the pics? Cute, right? 🐶

P.S. You should pick a domain topic from the first post, so that I can spit out another Rex's Daily Tips (and we can kinda stay on topic lol). :blob_hide:

Nevah! U traitorous Rex!

weakwithwords

discord-less mudblood
I could wait another seven hours for a whole day to pass, but I will probably forget my temporal thoughts by then.

When Legendary Moonlight Sculptor was newly adapted into a webtoon, I was excited. When I finslly read the first several chapters, I was disappointed.

Weed is not a happy-happy person as depicted by the webtoon even when he is alone. He might get thrilled by loot, but he is nominally serious and morose.

He is also very stingy. The news people had trouble contacting him because he only had a landline. He would be very against "unnecessary expenses", but the webtoon had him owning a cellphone because they wanted to modernize. Putting the cart before the horse. (Hmm, did I even quote the appropriate idiom?)

I think the very first cultivation novel I read was Coiling Dragon. The manhua adaptation also disappointed me.

The ring ghost grandpa turned into an auntie. Sure, better eye candy (except for those with very niche tastes), but that switcheroo would be quite problematic later.

A grandfather-grandson relationship is very different from an aunt-nephew relationship. Even though both are similarly very doting, the filial nature of the interactions feels very different for me. I am still lacking so I am unable to expound on this.

There were only so many releases back then and I did not bother to find out years later if they resolved that issue properly or if they even reached that part. Gecko endings are shortcuts after all.

Arexio

Coffee Addict
I could wait another seven hours for a whole day to pass, but I will probably forget my temporal thoughts by then.

When Legendary Moonlight Sculptor was newly adapted into a webtoon, I was excited. When I finslly read the first several chapters, I was disappointed.

Weed is not a happy-happy person as depicted by the webtoon even when he is alone. He might get thrilled by loot, but he is nominally serious and morose.

He is also very stingy. The news people had trouble contacting him because he only had a landline. He would be very against "unnecessary expenses", but the webtoon had him owning a cellphone because they wanted to modernize. Putting the cart before the horse. (Hmm, did I even quote the appropriate idiom?)

I think the very first cultivation novel I read was Coiling Dragon. The manhua adaptation also disappointed me.

The ring ghost grandpa turned into an auntie. Sure, better eye candy (except for those with very niche tastes), but that switcheroo would be quite problematic later.

A grandfather-grandson relationship is very different from an aunt-nephew relationship. Even though both are similarly very doting, the filial nature of the interactions feels very different for me. I am still lacking so I am unable to expound on this.

There were only so many releases back then and I did not bother to find out years later if they resolved that issue properly or if they even reached that part. Gecko endings are shortcuts after all.
Oh I agree like 1000% with both of these opinions.

In CD, I felt like even how it was written, the ghost grandpa had special relationship with MC. Even many years after he "died" due to the....church? (It's been so many years.)

Arexio

Coffee Addict
Rex's Daily Tip #234 (Exercise): Want to get fit but no time? Don't have access to a gym or just don't want corona? Then HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) exercises are just for you.* 🦵

*No, HIIT will not get you swole. No, HIIT will not get you gainz. And no, HIIT can't help you lift, bro.
**For weight-lifting/strength training Tips from Rex, one must be at least a Tier 3 subscriber. 💪

Screenshot_20200522-084607_Pinterest.jpg

Rex did this one yesterday. Tough but good. :blobthumbsup:

--

And this has been Rex's Daily Tips. Tune in next time for more~ :blobtaco:

Last edited:

weakwithwords

discord-less mudblood
Oh I agree like 1000% with both of these opinions.

In CD, I felt like even how it was written, the ghost grandpa had special relationship with MC. Even many years after he "died" due to the....church? (It's been so many years.)

... never happened in CD because when the mc finally meets the overlords, the entities with the highest authority inside the realm, he learns that they are basically emotionless maintenance bots. They also revealed that they cannot revive the ghost grandpa. All his previous efforts to reach that point proved futile.

Arexio

Coffee Addict
... never happened in CD because when the mc finally meets the overlords, the entities with the highest authority inside the realm, he learns that they are basically emotionless maintenance bots. They also revealed that they cannot revive the ghost grandpa. All his previous efforts to reach that point proved futile.
Oh yeah that sounds about right. Very sed moment for MC.

What I meant earlier was didn't ghost grandpa die to super-angels ambush or something? I feel like he did something to save MC last minute or something. Idk.:blob_hmm_two:

weakwithwords

discord-less mudblood
Oh yeah that sounds about right. Very sed moment for MC.

What I meant earlier was didn't ghost grandpa die to super-angels ambush or something? I feel like he did something to save MC last minute or something. Idk.:blob_hmm_two:

I can't mention something I didn't even realize I forgot. :cautious:

Culti novels are a cache of cliches, template & peer works fanfics. Still enjoyable when not too convoluted (since those authors have poor tracking capacity) and not overly embellished. (Makes me cringe when an author is gushing and admiring a single line from his current work like it's some kind of national treasure).

Arexio

Coffee Addict
I can't mention something I didn't even realize I forgot. :cautious:

Culti novels are a cache of cliches, template & peer works fanfics. Still enjoyable when not too convoluted (since those authors have poor tracking capacity) and not overly embellished. (Makes me cringe when an author is gushing and admiring a single line from his current work like it's some kind of national treasure).
I find that cultivation novels are an interesting effect of Chinese culture and their obsession with those concepts as it's apparently popular in their other media forms as well. But I guess one could say the same with the Western world's love of Tolkien's medieval fantasy. :blob_evil_two: