Rex's Daily Life Tips & Tricks

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Rex's Daily Tip #266 (Social/Psychology)(Psychiatry/Medical): Social Anxiety is a type of "Phobia". When it is severe, excessive, or long-lasting enough, it's classified as a Disorder (SAD).** :blob_popcorn:

Rex's psychologist said Rex has the Performance subtype of SAD, so Rex and Counselor worked through multiple sessions of CBT (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy) to help reduce Rex's Performance anxiety in social situations. It has not gone away, but it has helped very much. :blobtaco:

TL;DR - Rex recommends counseling (and/or meds) to help with SAD.* :blob_highfive:

*Especially with a skilled counselor with experience treating anxiety disorders; Rex had to try a couple times before he found the right counselor for him.
**Rex's review book has a concise, clinical summary of both Phobia and SAD.
***One of Rex's mentors uses propranolol (β-blocker) before speaking in public, so it's perfectly normal. She's Rex's favorite. :blob_melt:
****On a personal level, it can be very difficult to solve the problem on your own. Baby steps, baby steps.
I can agree that counseling and therapy can help a lot! I've gotten a lot better due to talking to my psychologist regularly! ^^)/

I'm glad I never had issues with anxiety though, that seems really scary... *shivers*

Arexio

Coffee Addict
Yeah...counselling didn't help completely...
CBT...I'm scared of doing...
>w<
*knew about CBT years ago*

X
Yeah it can be a real bummer sometimes :blob_pat_sad:

Exposure therapy helps too. But it might depend on your individual case as everyone is different (so different treatments for some).
sad, social anxiety disorder
happy, natsu's cat
mad, mutually assured destruction
scared, Super CAlif Ragilistic Expiali Docious
umami, vetsin addict

baby steps, a guy takes notes and excels in tennis

Slinky, stress balls, and fidget spinners. However, tuna wins fins down. Tuna is more effective than prozac. Not as potent as lithium, but certainly more cost efficient. All for the Tuna!
This crosses the line between half poetry and half prose. You should reconsider writing for peeps. That is all.:blob_popcorn:

Arexio

Coffee Addict
Update: Rex has done some introspection and realized something interesting:

1. Primary/Secondary School age = Rex identified more with Lawful Good
  2. Uni age = Rex -> Neutral Good
  3. Grad school age = Rex -> Chaotic Good
  4. Now = Rex -> Chaotic Neutral
  5. Next = ???

The question remains...what will Rex identify with next? True Neutral? Or maybe follow the clockwise direction and become Chaotic Evil? :blob_hmm::blob_ghost::blobspearpeek:

Interesting stuff indeed. :blob_popcorn:

AliceShiki

Update: Rex has done some introspection and realized something interesting:

1. Primary/Secondary School age = Rex identified more with Lawful Good
  2. Uni age = Rex -> Neutral Good
  3. Grad school age = Rex -> Chaotic Good
  4. Now = Rex -> Chaotic Neutral
  5. Next = ???

The question remains...what will Rex identify with next? True Neutral? Or maybe follow the clockwise direction and become Chaotic Evil? :blob_hmm::blob_ghost::blobspearpeek:

Interesting stuff indeed. :blob_popcorn:
I never liked those alignment systems tbh... They always felt kinda pointless...

I mean, humans are a bit too complex to be defined by those... >.>

weakwithwords

discord-less mudblood
  1. Grad school age = Rex -> Chaotic Good
  2. Now = Rex -> Chaotic Neutral
  3. Next = ???
  4. PROFIT!

A Re:X input/output, in bookstores very far from you

Arexio

Coffee Addict
I never liked those alignment systems tbh... They always felt kinda pointless...

I mean, humans are a bit too complex to be defined by those... >.>
Ye,

One could say the same with the Myers-Briggs personality test. It's just a human construct. :blob_popcorn:
  1. Grad school age = Rex -> Chaotic Good
  2. Now = Rex -> Chaotic Neutral
  3. Next = ???
  4. PROFIT!

A Re:X input/output, in bookstores very far from you
oh shiiiiiiiiii--

~IlLuMiNaTi~ :blob_ninja:

AliceShiki

Ye,

One could say the same with the Myers-Briggs personality test. It's just a human construct. :blob_popcorn:
Well, Myer-Briggs at least is more complex than the D&D style one! XD

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
Rex's Daily Tip #787 (Writing/Grammar): Use the he/him (she/her, etc.) rule when you don't know whether you should use who or whom.* :blob_sir:

Examples:

• Who (He) made this stupid post?
  • Thank whom (him) again?
P.S. - Please do not use "whom" when you are trying to be more sophisticated than you actually are. You'll just look like a fool instead. :blob_popcorn:

*It is still very confusing for Rex, so he always uses this reference when he is unsure. :blob_dizzy:
**Not to be confused with
who/which clauses, which are a whole different animal. :blob_no:
***Rex hates grammar, but he also hates it when he spots the mistakes; his editing bone itches when that happens. It's a love-hate relationship that he mostly just hates. :blob_unsure:
holy fuck this is actually useful

Arexio

Coffee Addict
When Rex is feeling down, needs a pick-me-up, or is doing cardio, Rex listens to Kpop:

It brings Rex's mood up instantly. :blob_happy:

Arexio

Coffee Addict
Rex's Daily Tip #811 (Writing/Grammar): Rex has a link for those peeps who need a quick and dirty grammar 101 reference with many example sentences in case you forgot/never learned how to English. (LINK) :blobtaco:

Includes the following topics:

• Paragraphing
  • Contractions/Possessives
  • Proper vs. Common Nouns
  • Dialogue
  • Speech Tags
  • Punctuation
  • Miscellaneous

*Rex obtained this from a friend from Discord. :blob_whistle_two:
**Yes, it is from FF, but Rex has double-checked the info multiple times, and it's pretty practical. :blob_popcorn:
***Please send help, Rex just wants to play all day. :blob_teary:

Last edited:

weakwithwords

discord-less mudblood
Come and play everything's a-okay -The Kids (Sesame Street Theme)

• Paragraphing: Ye dun wanna telegraph yer kicks an' punches so USE one bigga walla-text.
  • Contractions/Possessives: Muscle powah is generated by first squeezing before releasing. Howevah, what you give is mine and what I take is also mine.
  • Proper vs. Common Nouns: You call Master, The Master, while the others are just ... others.
  • Dialogue: "Can you understand the words coming out from my mouth?"
  • Speech Tags: asked Chris Rock.
  • Punctuation: Don't. Stop? Don't stop!
  • Miscellaneous: #hashtags

Arexio

Coffee Addict
Come and play everything's a-okay -The Kids (Sesame Street Theme)

• Paragraphing: Ye dun wanna telegraph yer kicks an' punches so USE one bigga walla-text.
  • Contractions/Possessives: Muscle powah is generated by first squeezing before releasing. Howevah, what you give is mine and what I take is also mine.
  • Proper vs. Common Nouns: You call Master, The Master, while the others are just ... others.
  • Dialogue: "Can you understand the words coming out from my mouth?"
  • Speech Tags: asked Chris Rock.
  • Punctuation: Don't. Stop? Don't stop!
  • Miscellaneous: #hashtags
#deceased :blob_ghost:

Arexio

Coffee Addict
IT IS LITERALLY SIX MONTHS AWAY, BUT REX HAS SOMETHING TO SHARE :blobchristmas::

THAT IS ALL. *flees*

:blob_hide: