Robot names

Kidd_Wadsworth

Hi, I've also posted this on Discord, so apologies if you've seen it there.

I have two robots in my story. They are exactly alike. They roll around and do stuff. One robot is "seen" by the reader in the story early on. The second is not "seen" until the second half of the book. So I want their two names to go together, but to be a funny surprise to the reader. For example, on discord I was given the suggestion of "Micro" and "Wave". I kind of like it because the first name doesn't give away the second at all. But when you read the second name it's funny and the reader will encounter the second name in a very tense scene.

I'd like a few more suggestions. Maybe something in the Computer Science field. The story is about a sentient plant and a plague that wipes out the plants on the Earth. So something to do with botany, DNA, mathematics, or plants would work. Even something about ineffective government solutions would work. Basically, a bunch of scientists are stuck on a spacecraft and name the robots. What do they call them?

Thanks for the help,
--Kidd

melchi

What is a custom title?
Floating Number
Integer Function
String Array
Random Number
Return Function
Action Script
Java Script
Machine Language
Assembly Language
Logic Gate
Bipolar Transistor
Metal Oxide
Gallium Arsenide
Vacuum Tube
Ampere Gauss
Henry Inductor

Iamnotabot

Bot of [PAUL]
Ehem, alow me. If it's about computer sience then:

Megabyte/ Gigabyte

RAM/ROM

Or if you prefer to some botany term:

Achenes
Anaerobe
Agar
Algae
Anther
Autoclave
Auxins
Awn
Baermann
Benthos
Beriberi
thiamine
xylem
Cannabis
Cartilage
Casein
Carpel
Cell
Chlorophyll
Clavicle
Cornea
Corolla

Ectotherm
Epidermis
Fallopian
Haploid
Herbarium
Horticulture
Ossicles
Ovule
Radiocarbon
Retina
Rhizome
Savannah
Saprophyte
Myopia.
Tropism
Tuber

This is all i can find to be usefull to use as in the request of "names". Feel free to give me feedback so i may improve on my searching abilities.

Syringe

Bluetooth 7 Enabled Holy Blade w/ Red Dot Sight
Exe and Cute (For .exe, or execute)

Or for a really cool one - R (0) = 1 and - Sin 0. These two together create the equation of a cardioid, which is a mathematical equation that creates a heart.

Another one is Cardioid (mathematical) and Carotid (Biological)

Or go for a Terraria reference with Retinazer and Spazmatism, known as the Twins.

Le_ther

Hi, I've also posted this on Discord, so apologies if you've seen it there.

I have two robots in my story. They are exactly alike. They roll around and do stuff. One robot is "seen" by the reader in the story early on. The second is not "seen" until the second half of the book. So I want their two names to go together, but to be a funny surprise to the reader. For example, on discord I was given the suggestion of "Micro" and "Wave". I kind of like it because the first name doesn't give away the second at all. But when you read the second name it's funny and the reader will encounter the second name in a very tense scene.

I'd like a few more suggestions. Maybe something in the Computer Science field. The story is about a sentient plant and a plague that wipes out the plants on the Earth. So something to do with botany, DNA, mathematics, or plants would work. Even something about ineffective government solutions would work. Basically, a bunch of scientists are stuck on a spacecraft and name the robots. What do they call them?

Thanks for the help,
--Kidd

Type-Gaia and Type-Alaya

Not really robotic names but code names since it is related about plants and botany. Overall sounds cool.

D

Deleted member 54065

Scientists stuck in their spacecraft with two robots?

HAL 9500 (to avoid legal issues)
HAL 10000

Cipiteca396

More Gasoline 🎶
Def and Rag.

Clark and Kent (Or any other combination of comic book names, like Charles and Xavier, Bruce and Wayne, Bruce and Banner- hey, bonus points since it's a scientist. You could have Bruce, Wayne, AND Banner for extra funnies.)

2b and Not.

Blue(or other color) and Berry(or other plant/food).

4166leancuttt

How about Strnig & Nrigst (Both anagram of string)

For others:

- Try using Intel/AMD CPU Generation Names like (Nehalem, Sandy Bridge, Ivy Bridge, Haswell, Broadwell, Skylake, Kaby Lake, Coffee Lake, etc...)

- Try Using Names of Scientists (Maxwell, Faraday, Bohr, Darwin, Freud, Galilei, etc...)

- Try Using Function Names (NtCreateSection, NtCreateFile, NtCreateToken, etc...)

- Try Using Parts of an Operating System (Kernel, Driver, File System, etc...)

- Try Using The Names of Files inside C:\Windows\System32 (Drprov, DrvInst, Fvewiz, Inetcomm etc...)

- Add Model Prefix and ID (APX-2032 Broadwell, CTX-01 Faraday, XZS-854 Freatielec (Shuffled CreateFile)).
If you're feeling lazy or want to give your playlist to your readers, add JAV CODES like JUY-453 (It's heaven, trust me bro)

The main idea is you can make it work if you just slap in a model prefix and a model number. If you want to make it longer, add a fictional company name like Providence Systems LLC. Model XZS-854 Freatielec. Or slap two model names, PSM-0E XZS-854 Freatielec

Last edited:

Kidd_Wadsworth

Micro(smol robot), biology(green robot)
Its cute and dorky. Fitting for a bunch of awkward scientists to pass as a joke. ☺️
I like micro and biology, but I'd prefer each name to work as a name by itself. For example, "Dick" and "Tracie". Yes, I know that's terrible but it does illustrate the point. I need two names which work alone and together have a quite different meaning.

-Kidd
How about Strnig & Nrigst (Both anagram of string)

For others:

- Try using Intel/AMD CPU Generation Names like (Nehalem, Sandy Bridge, Ivy Bridge, Haswell, Broadwell, Skylake, Kaby Lake, Coffee Lake, etc...)

- Try Using Names of Scientists (Maxwell, Faraday, Bohr, Darwin, Freud, Galilei, etc...)

- Try Using Function Names (NtCreateSection, NtCreateFile, NtCreateToken, etc...)

- Try Using Parts of an Operating System (Kernel, Driver, File System, etc...)

- Try Using The Names of Files inside C:\Windows\System32 (Drprov, DrvInst, Fvewiz, Inetcomm etc...)

- Add Model Prefix and ID (APX-2032 Broadwell, CTX-01 Faraday, XZS-854 Freatielec (Shuffled CreateFile)).
If you're feeling lazy or want to give your playlist to your readers, add JAV CODES like JUY-453 (It's heaven, trust me bro)

The main idea is you can make it work if you just slap in a model prefix and a model number. If you want to make it longer, add a fictional company name like Providence Systems LLC. Model XZS-854 Freatielec. Or slap two model names, PSM-0E XZS-854 Freatielec
"Max" and "Well" almost works. "Well" is not really a name. And it can't be too subtle. Even a non-scientist should get it.
Def and Rag.

Clark and Kent (Or any other combination of comic book names, like Charles and Xavier, Bruce and Wayne, Bruce and Banner- hey, bonus points since it's a scientist. You could have Bruce, Wayne, AND Banner for extra funnies.)

2b and Not.

Blue(or other color) and Berry(or other plant/food).
Blue and Berry works.
Floating Number
Integer Function
String Array
Random Number
Return Function
Action Script
Java Script
Machine Language
Assembly Language
Logic Gate
Bipolar Transistor
Metal Oxide
Gallium Arsenide
Vacuum Tube
Ampere Gauss
Henry Inductor
In general this is where I would like to go, but each name must be a name.