Role-playing Online Fantasy Game Named Marosia

Brick

For those who have seen the Faery Tale Online (FTO) thread on NUF, Marosia is a browser game like FTO but much better. Expect active staff, less bugs, and no waiting in queue for 6 months just to play. For those who don't know what it is, I would explain it, but I'm bad at explaining, so here's the explanation from their website. I also put in some of the differences between FTO and Marosia and the words that got me into these types of games.

Marosia is a free text based roleplaying game currently in development. It is an RPG in a fantasy setting with open world society simulation mechanics. The player can create a character through instant spawning, or through the family system with a selection of different races. Once your character steps into the world, what you do is up to you, as the freedom to play whatever sort of character you want allows infinite possibilities.

Experience the excitement of playing out a character's entire life, and living through their moments. Understand the world around you within a text based environment, where words will sweep you into a new land of imagination and possibility. Feel the pleasures of your character's new discoveries; weapons, armor, tools, and resources are waiting to be used and created for your character's agendas.

Fall in love, start a family, raise an empire, begin a business, create a religion, discover treasure, lead a colony, create a government, plan a plot, become a thief, and change the world. It's up to you. The world is full of magic, surprises, gods, and demons. Where will your character fit within it?

In FaeryTaleOnline, everyone needed to wait in a long birth queue to have their characters. In Marosia, you can spawn as an adult immediately or wait in a birth queue for a child character, and character race isn't "randomized" like in FTO. The limit for characters is increased from 3 to 5, with a maximum of 2 child characters. Though, three characters is already pretty difficult to manage so I'm not sure why you would want five. Instead of infinite player-made mine shafts full of dangerous creatures, there are end-game instance dungeons/ruins scattered across the map that carry treasure. There are nine different races with their own different racial bonuses (with racial abilities coming soon) and religions. The gods in the game are active and can either bless or smite characters.

Players are born into families made up of other players, villages are built by players, dungeons are delved (and created) by players, wars are started and waged by players, and new lands are constantly discovered and tamed by, you guessed it, players.) and did I mention the birth system which allows a player to get pregnant and give birth to another player? Pretty cool right? -jagged
https://forum.novelupdates.com/thre...e-fantasy-game-named-faery-tale-online.10869/

Marosia is still fairly new, publicly released in August of 2018, I think. So expect some things to be WIP/some bugs. If you're thinking of joining, make sure you read their rules thoroughly. They have a guilty until proven innocent policy to get rid of trolls.

As for the reason why I'm posting it here and not NUF. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
---
Anyway, what are your thoughts on games like this?

Arcturus

CEO of Cat Corps
Honestly FTO was fun for the very brief period I played it, but I became extremely busy at the wrong time and my char died. Then I was turned off by the (again) super long wait time to get back in. But not having to wait sounds nice and easier.

Ddraig

<First Dragon of SHF> <Pokemon Goddess of NuF>
Hm seems interesting

Erroneous

[Blissful Indolence]
This seems interesting. I never played FTO either but I like the concept. Don't know how it's escaped me.

Brick

I'm a bit late to reply, but if you do join, I hope you have a good experience when playing.