Sad posting

Kitsura

I just learned that due to the nature of web serials my chances of getting my novel traditionally published significantly plummets.

Oof

Maybe my best option really is to learn Japanese to post on syosetsu...

Motsu

Game Lead Programmer x WebAppSoft
good for you :)

ArcadiaBlade

I'm a Lazy Writer, So What?
Considering I publish most of my novels on a site which is primarily based on Rom-Com, I quickly regretted my writing career and haven't recovered from writing since.

'Oh, a movie based on a webnovel from that site? Maybe I could get a chance its different.' Instant regret.

Agentt

Thighs
Considering I publish most of my novels on a site which is primarily based on Rom-Com, I quickly regretted my writing career and haven't recovered from writing since.

'Oh, a movie based on a webnovel from that site? Maybe I could get a chance its different.' Instant regret.
Its not your fault, that site, it lures everyone.
I just learned that due to the nature of web serials my chances of getting my novel traditionally published significantly plummets.

Oof

Good luck! I would write something motivating but its true no normie shall ever buy from us...
Fortunately, people there are very forgiving in regards to grammar

D

Deleted member 45782

Oof

I believe thats why @CurrentTheMerboy took down his story on here. Someone told him since he didnt had most of his story up on here it'd still get a good chance to be picked by a publisher or something like that. As long as not more than 40% posted online, something like that.

Last edited by a moderator:

hyperkvlt

Lowkey Game Developer
Not sure what you mean. Nowadays, publishing a book is not that all hard (just expensive), getting audiences to actually purchase them is the hard part.

I believe japanese publisher only wants to publish novel from japanese. Syosetsu is not exactly publisher. More like website where japanese-folk upload their web novels, either just for fun or training to write while generating audiences.

I recall ever having a delusion to upload a novel on syosetsu and got it published when I was in middle school. Looking back, it was just silly. You can only publish something with your local publisher in your country, the other option is by publishing the books on the internet.

Last edited:

WasatchWind

Writer, musician, creator of worlds
I believe thats why @CurrentTheMerboy took down his story on here. Someone told him since he didnt had most of his story up on here it'd still get a good chance to be picked by a publisher or something like that. As long as not more than 40% posted online, something like that.
That is why. It also is only a rough draft. I'm trying to decide if I should take it down though entirely.

D

Deleted member 45782

That is why. It also is only a rough draft. I'm trying to decide if I should take it down though entirely.
Gp. I saw some rough drafts were allowed to stay on wattpad and the author mentioned thats all they can let stay when they work with publisher.

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps

Oof

Or you can just self-publish. Sure, it's not a lot of money, but you could make a lot of money. Ai-chan's book Felicia's Second Life used to be a big money-maker, if not for bloody 30% US Withholding Tax. Fucking US of A! Ai-chan's book even sold more than traditionally published books such as Clockwork Prince at some point.

Or if your confidence level in your work is at a godly level, you could turn it into a movie script, register the copyright and then try to sell it to netflix. God knows how many webnovels are wholly better than all the crap they kept producing.

witch_sorrowful

Mmm, Monke.
And, anyway, my skill is so far is never going to make past the first few sentences of an editor reading it. Might as try to get people to read ... what I write. And practice. I guess?