Schedule

LotsChrono

Do you have a schedule for releases? How many chaps per release?? I really have a bad schedule, so may there be one out there that is good for me in these replies.
I don't have a schedule, and I never will, as this is a hobby and I don't like the idea of ever forcing myself to write.

Now, when I do post, which I happen to somehow do frequently enough, I usually do so once a day, at about the same time each day.

EternalSunset0

Do you have a schedule for releases? How many chaps per release?? I really have a bad schedule, so may there be one out there that is good for me in these replies.
Every 3 days or so, but I do the LN style of having 4 to 6 months between releases. So it will be a couple of months when I finish the volume in whole before I steadily release chapter by chapter every 2 to 3 days.

CadmarLegend

@Agentt found a key in the skeletons.
Every 3 days or so, but I do the LN style of having 4 to 6 months between releases. So it will be a couple of months when I finish the volume in whole before I steadily release chapter by chapter every 2 to 3 days.
So a stockpile...

HappyVainGlory

I schedule my releases 6AM CST every day, but I mostly write my chapters in the evening to wind down. If I haven't finished with the chapter, it'll be a random upload time, but always before the day's over (for me). Sometimes I'll manage to write an extra chapter on the weekends as well, and those I just release when they're finished.

The best schedule, in my opinion, is one you feel manageable in sticking to and being consistent with. If that means one chapter a week, that's fine. The predictability helps readers know when to expect your next update. Though, don't expect to grow your audience very quickly like that.

You have to consider your goals as well, however, in making your schedule. If it's just a hobby that you pick up whenever, schedule doesn't matter. If you're writing for yourself and just putting your work out there, a schedule also doesn't really matter.

However, if you're serious about writing, it's essential to create a consistent schedule. And if you want to get known, you want exposure ASAP so multiple releases every day until you build a good following would be best.

This unsolicited writing advice has been brought to you by your local happy and vain writer.

CadmarLegend

I schedule my releases 6AM CST every day, but I mostly write my chapters in the evening to wind down. If I haven't finished with the chapter, it'll be a random upload time, but always before the day's over (for me). Sometimes I'll manage to write an extra chapter on the weekends as well, and those I just release when they're finished.

The best schedule, in my opinion, is one you feel manageable in sticking to and being consistent with. If that means one chapter a week, that's fine. The predictability helps readers know when to expect your next update. Though, don't expect to grow your audience very quickly like that.

You have to consider your goals as well, however, in making your schedule. If it's just a hobby that you pick up whenever, schedule doesn't matter. If you're writing for yourself and just putting your work out there, a schedule also doesn't really matter.

However, if you're serious about writing, it's essential to create a consistent schedule. And if you want to get known, you want exposure ASAP so multiple releases every day until you build a good following would be best.

This unsolicited writing advice has been brought to you by your local happy and vain writer.
Thank you, "My Local Happy and Vain Writer"-senpai!

D

Deleted member 45782

When i say fuck it and just post the damn draft bc its been sitting around too long.
I may say there's a plan, but then again, i don't often follow even my own plans.

CadmarLegend

When i say fuck it and just post the damn draft bc its been sitting around too long.
I may say there's a plan, but then again, i don't often follow even my own plans.
Wisest words I've ever heard. I have an outline, kinda like a bottle for water, for my story. The story is the water, and the bottle's the outline. I keep the plot the same and contain it within the bottle. However, the chaps contain whatever I want in there....

Horizon42

I try to put out an average of 2,000 words a week. My schedule can be pretty hectic or else I would shoot higher. But if you're seeking some veiled advice, I recommend shooting for 700 -1000 words a day if your schedule allows for it. Anything higher and you might start losing motivation after a month.

D

Deleted member 29316

I have an unreliable schedule of releases, but I do have a huge backlog before, so it was stable.

However, when I reached my story's 2nd arc, the chapter releases caught up so I'm back to irregular releases.

I do release a complete volume, rather than a chapter. This is so that I could iron-out some inconsistencies before releasing.

CadmarLegend

I have an unreliable schedule of releases, but I do have a huge backlog before, so it was stable.

However, when I reached my story's 2nd arc, the chapter releases caught up so I'm back to irregular releases.

I do release a complete volume, rather than a chapter. This is so that I could iron-out some inconsistencies before releasing.
Yeah. I'm going to start back up on my story now, and it is Arc 2, as well.

Lentin

I created a schedule for one of my novels 2 chapters/month, knowing very well that once a month will be difficult to gain readers. Readers will also end up forgetting your story if you update too long. And I don't really mind.

I feel like when I release once a month, I don't push myself and my imagination flows smoothly. I know what scenarios will come after and I can easily write it down.

Other then once a month, I'd choose not to have schedule at all.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
I was updating every 8 days until my baby popped out of me. Now, I'm waiting to settle into a somewhat stable routine to get back to writing and updating.

Tessa_Renalds

Neighborhood DM
I wish I was more consistent with my other stories. I hammered out a two day posting period for my fan fiction, but that’s because I’m enjoying where it’s going.
I really should write up the chapters for my original pieces though. Like I have no excuses. Relic is all written out, just needs a thorough editing process. Origin is hammered out in outlines and sticky notes. It’s just a matter of writing it.
so yeah, scheduling haha 😂 I got my two days a week.

CadmarLegend

I wish I was more consistent with my other stories. I hammered out a two day posting period for my fan fiction, but that’s because I’m enjoying where it’s going.
I really should write up the chapters for my original pieces though. Like I have no excuses. Relic is all written out, just needs a thorough editing process. Origin is hammered out in outlines and sticky notes. It’s just a matter of writing it.
so yeah, scheduling haha 😂 I got my two days a week.
2 days a week, huh? And also alluding at your stories so shamelessly.... you are a much better human being than me.